• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero Design 4-Way Challenge - RESULTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
The Hive Workshop
The "Triggers are for smart people" Hero Challenge!
tl2_popup.png

Participants are to create a hero using only the object editor, using NO triggers and NO imported data.

Judging
Judging complete.
Clarification:
Q - First ability
W - Second Ability
E - Third Ability
R - Fourth Ability

@Rence Kristoff's Assassin
The passive crit ability is ok, but not unique.
The quiver of arrows was creative and useful. THis feature was the best.
The Q ability, stopping enemies from attacking felt a bit too simple, and is not very creative. A bit overpowered aswell, as 10 seconds without attack is quite a lot od damage lost.
The W was just like the trueshot aura, but with a new, and actually a quite unfitting icon.
The E, becoming invisible with a delay and casting time felt a bit sloppy to use, as she had to fade even after casting time.
The R was a bit too powerful, as they all dealt damage, and not so creative.
2.5/5

@Krakenn99's Enchancement Shaman
Q was wastly underpowered in my opinion, and a larger area would be nice too, but I liked this one too. Like an untargeted frost nova.
I really like this ability. It could have said how much mana it would cost though. Use of active ability that I've never seen before. I was impressed.
The movement speed bonus was nothing special really, but decent. Comfortable to be able to move a bit faster. Perhaps a little lower mana cost?
I disliked the R ability, as the enemy doesn't always have buffs, and it it didn't really feel powerful. It feels like something better could have been created here.
3.5/5

@BalanceDruid7's Rock Golem
A little bit edited Impale. Not very groundbreaking (hehe), but fitting the heroes theme and works with other abilities.
An unchanneled earthquake. I liked this a lot.
Passive applies phoenix fire. You could have changed the buff. I know it is impossible to have an icon here without triggers, but the damage or interval was not even displayed in the tooltip.
Ultimate is fine, but it drains health per second for no appearant use. An unmotivated drawback. Also, it can't be deactivated, as it states it can.
3/5

@voidray's Nether Adept
Q is visually good looking, but the 2 second duration doesn't really make sense. Damage is fine for the low cooldown, but mana cost is a little to high for that.
W is a nice ability. Cost movement for attack speed, which can create som tactical advantages and disatvantages. Use at your own risk!
E was really cool. Good idea to make use of the ghastly archmage. It would be better if it could be toggled though.
R is a good idea. A moving debuff for the enemies. Like a huge, unkillable moving curse. I like it.
4.5/5

Final score is equal to poll score + judge score.

Krakenn99's submission (Post) got a final score of 8.5 +9 Reputation!
Rence Kristoff's submission (Post) got a final score of 6.5 -3 Reputation!
voidray's submission (Post) got a final score of 6.5 -3 Reputation!
BalanceDruid7's submission (Post) got a final score of 5 -3 Reputation!

Hope you had a fun challenge guys! :)

Challenge - Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.