• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Ability not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay so I am trying to give my hero a passive ability that allows them to add Slow (ice) to their basic attack. I have tried multiple times to make it work, Even opted to change the ability to slow aura or even bolt of ice. Every time the ability doe snot slow the enemy. i checked frost attack (from nerubian towers) and it says Buff>slowed so why is it not working on my hero? I give the ability to be passive and say buff>slowed.

Level 2
The issue is that the Slowed effect is not happening. giving the frost attack to the ice elemental I created everything is fine. (it is as though the slow effect does not exist)

Since I seem to have to pick an ability to edit rather than build one (as I can only "paste ability" or "New custom Ability" I am stuck. I tried this with "critical strike" taking away all other effects and just giving the slow... and it did not slow.

If it was just the frost attack i would give that to the hero and be done. But i want the frost effect to be an actual ability (Each level of it lasting longer (level 1=2.5 seconds, level 2=5 seconds, level 3=7.5 seconds. however as I said the slow effect is not working.)

So i guess my question i how do I make a passive (heroic) ability that adds the frost slow effect to my hero?

Level 8
Since I seem to have to pick an ability to edit rather than build one (as I can only "paste ability" or "New custom Ability" I am stuck. I tried this with "critical strike" taking away all other effects and just giving the slow... and it did not slow.

You can't simply add the buff to any ability; the passive has to be a custom ability based on one of the two spells Dracolich mentioned (either Frost Attack or Frost Breath).

There's also a field in the Gameplay Constants that globally affect the slow amount of abilities such as these, as you can't define the amount in the ability's data fields (they don't even have any).
  • Spells - Frost Attack Speed Reduction
  • Spells - Frost Movement Speed Reduction

Level 2
You can't simply add the buff to any ability; the passive has to be a custom ability based on one of the two spells Dracolich mentioned (either Frost Attack or Frost Breath).

There's also a field in the Gameplay Constants that globally affect the slow amount of abilities such as these, as you can't define the amount in the ability's data fields (they don't even have any).
  • Spells - Frost Attack Speed Reduction
  • Spells - Frost Movement Speed Reduction
the issue it that when i make a custom ability based on those i cannot make it a hero ability.

Level 2
I just tried them as hero abilities but they only worked on ranged heroes (nothing on melee). Otherwise what @Chaosium said will do the trick.
how do you make a unit ability a hero ability (That they can learn as they level up?)
That is what I want. (No one knows how happy I would be to finally get that effect because if I do, i can then create more abilities for more heroes)

Level 12
Search the object editor for line "hero ability", that's for hero ability. Then look for line "number of levels" (or just levels) and write how many levels you want.

I suggest you look at the levels part of any normal hero spell (not ultimates) and copy the necessary fields.

Level 2
Search the object editor for line "hero ability", that's for hero ability. Then look for line "number of levels" (or just levels) and write how many levels you want.

I suggest you look at the levels part of any normal hero spell (not ultimates) and copy the necessary fields.
Thank you I should be able to do that now. (Work it the way I want)

Status
Not open for further replies.