• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Help with setting a variable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to create a line nova spell (I'm using Spells - Making Nova Spells to help me), but one of the Actions says this:

l.JPG

Since I'm new to the trigger editor, how do I set variable 'Real' to (Real + (360.00 / 8.00))? I know it has to do with the Arithmetic function, but I'm still not sure.

Thank you!

Level 4
For the variable.
  1. Make a New Action.
  2. Choose Set Variable.
  3. Choose the Real variable and click OK.
For the value.
  1. First choose Arithmetic under functions.
  2. Click on the first 1.00 and set the variable named Real to it and click OK.
  3. Leave the + since that's correct.
  4. This part may get confusing. Click the second 1.00. Choose Arithmetic from functions here too. Set the first 1.00 to 360.00. Change the + to /. Then change the other 1.00 to 8.00.
  5. Then click OK for all the menus and it should look like that code you posted.
Lastly, make sure the variable named Real is a Real type by the way else you won't be able to access it under Real value variable inputs.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.