• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Fatality trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well, I am new at hive, and also "new" to mapmaking, as I never finished a map or did anything really cool.
However I'm learning, and one of the projects I started is a Mortal Kombat based map. As being something that can't be out of any MK-based game, i tried to make a fatality system, but I failed horribly.
The concept is: Kombatant gets to 1 health. The other can't attack/stops attacking.
If "X" skill is used on the kombatant of 1 health then do something (Let's say: explode.)
If any other skill is used, then just kill him.
If 5 secs pass, and no skill is used, he also gets killed.
If the fatality is succesful, then display a floating text (Or image maybe?) saying fatality and maybe give a gold bonus.

Hope I was clear enough and thanks to anyone who can help me.

Level 8
Hm, let's see how this would work,

First off, I presume getting to 1 health isn't that easy, and if the unit has 2 health, then gets attacked, could die, so maybe make it that when the unit dies the things happen rather then 1 health,

Event: When a generic unit dies
Condition: Unit-type of dying unit = to whatever unit you want here
Effect: Replace dying unit with a "copy of your original unit" using the new unit's max
Set life percentage of last replaced unit to 1%
Make last replaced unit invulnerable
Turn trigger "ko" on (this will be down)
wait 5 seconds
explode last replaced unit

That's the trigger to make the unit "K-o'd"

Now you will need to make a dummy spell that targets invulnerable units, (I am assuming you know what Dummy spells are? they are a spell that does nothing but can be used to target other units for triggers to work"

-Make sure this spell targets invulnerable!!!!!!!!-

The next trigger would be this but make sure is starts UNENABLED!

Event: When a unit casts an ability
Condition: Life of unit casted upon = 1
Effect: Do whatever effect you want it to do? so
kill unit cast upon
create floating text called FFFFATAILITY!
wait 5 seconds
remove last created floating text
player give +"x" gold to owner of casting unit

Hope this helps, good luck with your map!

Status
Not open for further replies.