• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help wanted: experienced trigger makers/ modeling artists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
help wanted for my greatest upcoming campaign: "By Fire Be Cleansed"

It takes place right after the burning legion was defeated by the orcs night elves and humans and puts you into the eyes of the demons trying to get home.
you play a young female dreadlord named serah Deathchill who was adopted into the burning legion at a young age and forced into slavery but later found her self liking her current situation and killed her way up the food chain. she became adopted into one of the higher ranking demon familys of the burning legion and placed as lord felnoroc's second in command.
many full blooded demons dispised her for being a human and being allowed to live among them but she soon killed any opposition and soon became accepted as one of them but none secretly hated her as much as her full blood demon sister amanda deathchill the Grand Succubus.

Now that you have had a taste for the back ground of the story now for current story-line.
Being forced to flee and outnumbered by the denizens of kalimdor and azeroth combined she now has no choice but to flee from ashenvale in felwood and find any other demons she can find still remaining in stonetallon mountains but to do that she must first flee to the barrens finding any demons still left alive that she can. and rally them for a last ditch effort invasion..or atleast thats what serah deathchill makes the others think.
really her ultimate goal is to rally all the survivers she can and claim her adopted fathers throne in the twisting nether.

This campaign will feature lots of custom models and an epic story line which i plan to span over three chapers each containing atleast 10 missions. yes i have my sights set high but i plan a masterpiece and will need a team of experienced people to help in this massive campaign, im good at the tarrain/doodad/unit placing and making custom units but not so good at AI/modeling/trigger making and cinimatics, if your interisted you can post here PM me or IM or email me at either [email protected] or [email protected], also not so good at creating the texts and such.

This will be my first and ultimate map and i will need help in this endeaver, also those who made these custom models that i have already implemented can of course expect to see their name in the credits among other names.

Level 6
1st
structure your post
if you would put a little time and structurize, maybe even colorize, your post, it would be way easier to be understood. therefore more people would take the (then way lesser) efford of reading through it comletely.

2nd
show your capabilities
As with all the giant projects, very few people will volunteer, for they simly don't believe that "this specific project" out of all those giant ideas will be finished.
Therefore: finish the first map, submit it to testplay and ask for help for the rest. That greatly improves your chances of getting help at all.

3ed
help
I would consider heping you, if i would know, that you are capable of doing this alone. (or most of it). If you were, you could balance it if any member of the team would leave, for you can take his/her place.
Anyway you should write a little more about what parts of your project need to be done...

All in all:
i would think about helping, for the idea sounds quite fun, if you could show me, that your project has a future.

- Raszul

Level 1
Sure all valid points, right now i almost have the first map completed it just needs triggers and texting and a bit more creep/player balancing.

also im trying to figure out a way to add more land tiles im trying to get the first map to be a ashenvale/barrens mix also gotta do a bit more work on the hero abilitys and spells.
i need to get around to working on structuring the unit hiararchy for the demons you play as, also one thing i need to learn and would be happy to be taught is triggers and puting in text once this first map is mostly completed ill be happy to send you the beta version.

I am also working on getting the units to stop walking through the fortress walls i implemented from another map which should be easily fixed by adding some cliffs directly under it(hopefully) otherwise ill just put a bunch of pathing blockers tightly together.

The biggest thing the map is missing is begining intro and music and text, what i plan for the prologue is the camara going a large forested area while playing "buetiful people"(i know i spelled it wrong sorry) by marrylin manson or pulse of the maggots by slipknot.
Then it comes up to jaina thrall and malfurian standing in a guarded area talking about taking out the remaining demons afterwords that takes you to the first map named "The Undying Flame".

just let me know if you want it emailed to you or if it should be posted here on this site first, i hope this helps.

Level 6
it's you who want speople helping you with the map. therefore you should make your sample available to all those that might, theoretically, aid you.
-> I would post it on this map - maybe protected.

I guess i am unable to participate in your map in near futur, i do have a few projects on my own (the most complicated among them: "random but realistic terrain creatiom")
If i finished with the three mayor projects, i'll relook here for any projects worth helping.
If yours is among them then, i'll help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.