• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help me make a Boardgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok i present you one of my boardgames and if you want help me making cards

Guys this is one of my boardgames i invented and now you can make

There are 4 types of cards:

The Race is a card that shows you your stats
Every Race has max 8 statpoints where 1 is the minimum and 6 the maximum
There are 3 Stats:
Intelligence shows how much dices you can throw if you cast spells
Agilitys divided by two shows how much attacks you have per round
Agility x dices shows how much you can walk
Life shows how long you can survive
So Current life= armor
If the current life =0 you die

Classes are cards that give you a special ability like +1 on attackthrows or +2 if you attack with a ranged weapon

Item cards are:
They have only a stat called damage and you can only attack with them if you stand near your victim

They have a range and a damage stat
the range of your attack is :
You have to throw range x 1dices before an attack if you thrown equal or more to the range of fields beetween you and your victim your attack success

Magic has 3 stats : a difficulty, range and damage
You have to throw first for difficulty: throw so many dices how your intelligence is if you throw equal or more the difficulty of the spell your spell success then you have to throw range(or not if its a meele spell)

AND DONT FORGET TO HAVE LINE OF SIGHT BEETWEEN YOU AND YOUR VICTIM
Armor boots that add speed stat bonuses etc

You can draw 1 special card after killing another player they give bonuses that can be used one times like double speed for one round etc

1. You throw agility x dices thats how many fields you can walk in this round
2. You can attack so much times how your agility divided by two(round up always) is.
3.Your walk and attack are not restricted so you can walk attack then walk attack then walk etc
4.The Attack:
You throw for range/difficulty and look if the attack successes
after that you throw for damage: you take so much dices as the damage of your weapon is the victim takes so much dices as he has armor.
Now you throw and divide the damage by the armor
The answer(round down always) is the damage the victim gets
If it dies it respawns in his next round and you get a special card

The Board is a huge grid like 20 x 20 fields(simply take a piece of paper and paint a 20 x 20 grid on it
Now you can add walls(where you cant go or shoot throw)simply paint bigger lines and add some of these:
Fields:
There are several fields
First every team has to have a respawn field
Then you should add some Classchange fields(where you draw a new usertitle)
Item field (there should be 1 for every team) where you draw a new item
Racechange field where you change your race

After killing a player you get 1 life back cause you drink his blood
When you do nothing in a round you regenerate 1 life

1. the classic one
you have to get 3 kill markers
after killing a player you get 1 marker but if you die you loose one

2.capture the flag
its a capture tha flag mode (make a smilie chip so you know who has it)
first team getting 3 flags wins (if the other team gets your smilie you loose a point)
this mode is extremly fun with many teams

Every player gets 1 race and 1 class and 1 item
and they start on the spawn points
then you have to choose someone that begins and the games gos clockwise
or if there are teamy make

So you can choose the setting of my game simply create your races classes and items
I thought of an fantasy /steampunk /scifi mix
Samples:
sunelf.jpg
warriorqya.jpg

AND NOW MAKE YOUR CARDS GUYS

Last edited:
Level 6
i should explain something

you can make usernames usertitles and items and special cards

Username
You say the name gimme maybe a link for a picture
and you use 8 points for assigning stats
so you can have
4 intelligence
2 speed
2 health
for example

and the usertitle dont has damage abilitys its more like :
+1 speed
gain a extra attack if you miss all attacks this round
etc
the items are good how you did it
the weapons only have damage/range/difficulty stat
and special cards are something like actions that you can use one time and make something imba

Level 6
Hijax
4 intillegence
3 speed
1 health

usertitle: Noob on crack
special ability: Burst of Awesomeness: The noob on crack is normally a below-average dude, but sometimes he does something totally awesome. roll D6, if 4+ the noob on crack can choose any other usertitle ability and have that for 5 rounds

item: Buggy Hax: roll D6. 1-2, heal target fully. 3-4, kill target. 5-6, teleport caster to random place.

item: JassHelper: Get a +1 to all stats until you next use that stat. so for example, you get +1 int until you nex cast a spell, +1 speed until next round, and +1 health until you die. has a 5 round cooldown.

item: whosyourdaddy: become invulnerable for 5 rounds. howver, for 10 rounds after the effect ceases, everybody think you're a noob and will attack you.

Level 6
ok whosyourdaddy is to imba cause usually if you have luck you can kill more than 1 people in one round so you could win with only that item maybe make it 1 round etc

and now i have new rules:
on the field there will be fields that are not normal:
so a treasure field where you get a new weapon
a User CP field there you loose your usertitle and draw a new one
and a field there your username changes

Level 6
hmm there are no attack cards
this game is serious you can if its ready print and play it if you want
ok i give templates:
Username
NAME
Intelligence:
Speed:
Health:

Usertitle
an ability that may increase your stats a bit
or give you bonuses like +1 on range throw or +1 on damage throw etc

Weapons:
Meele: Name + damage (weak weapons have 2 the best maybe 4 eventually 5)
Range: name + range +damage (damage is a bit weaker than a meele weapon)
(range is beetween 1-3 maybe 4 cause remember you throw so many dices how you range/damage is)
Magic: name+ damage +difficulty(difficulty should be about 3-6 for very very weak spells then 6-12 for weak 13-18 for normal and over 18 for imba spells)
Items:
there are 2 types of items Usable and equipable
equipable is something like an armor etc(so you get armor when you are attacked)
or usable items like a potion that gives stat bonus for 1 round heals something etc

Level 18
Someone else made a Hive TCG lately and maybe that is why people are being silly now. You need a huge board if you move for the number on 6 dices :p

Level 21
redscores
2 intillegence
2 speed
4 health

usertitle: The red Death!
special ability: Play with death! - All other weapons in the game, excluding the weapon equipped by redscores deal 1 less damage.
(use my avatar as picture)

Weapons:
Meele: Colacronis Axe + 3
Magic: Ritual of redeeming Darkness + 5 Damage +14 Difficult

*CHANGED*

Last edited:
Level 6
SpankyDmonkey
1 Intelligence
4 Speed
2 Health
User Title: The Monkey Spanker
Special Ablity: Retardnation Aura: SpankyDmonkey is so retarded, that he can actually make other people retarded just by being in the play field. Reduce the intelligence of all other characters by 4 until SpankyDmonkey is dead.
Weapons:
Melee: Crack-Whore Stick - 1 Damage
Magic: System of a Down Music - 3 Damage (should be 1000, but whatever) 4 for difficulty :) Range: 2
Use-able: Crack-Potion - Increases speed by 1 for one round, but damages health by 1.
Tell me if one of the stats is too imba or something. btw - ROFL at Elenai

Last edited:
Level 6
hmm redscores the ability that gives you stats +2 speed etc is too imba and say me how a character can come in the game? you are in the game at beginning XD you cannot play monsters etc but you fight with others

slaydon this is not a fun thread where you make cards etc for fun
its for fun yes but i willmake a real game of it that you can print and play then

spanky d monkey you forgot the difficulty of the magic xD

Level 9
Wallshadow(My avatar can be used)
3 Intelligence
3 Speed
2 Health

User title : Ancient THW member

Special ability : - All Mighty Noob Combination -

Description :
When this ability is used you can throw the dice 3 times,after throwing 3 times then decide which of those counts.

[Example:1,4,5-Now you can chose only one number which will trigger the following effects]:

Number 1-2 : Multi-accounting.
Effect : (He makes his fake account which doubles his current hp,but lower his Int by -1).

Number 3-4 : Noob Tools.
Effect : (He can use every noob tool available to him,but he can only use one tool from the 3 tools that are shown in the noob tool list)

Noob Tool List
:
Trolling (This triggers an effect called noobification,and gives him +1 ego hp)
Spamming : This effect gives the user ability to spam one of this 3 mini-effects:
1. Cant Touch Me.
2. I have Teh Power BABY!!
3. Spam,Spam,Spam...
Act Of An Jerk : (This effect gives you +1 speed,and it has an passive ability named "Enemy Of THW".

Number 5-6 : Wrath Of THE Wallshadow! ! !
Effects : (This triggers clone effect,and gives him anti-ban protection as well as anti-noob protection.This effects lasts for 3 rounds and while activated this effect gives +1 hp to the user every turn and decreases -1 speed or hp or Int to the targeted enemy user,this effect can be used once per turn.

[Example:The max increase for hp is +3,and the max decreases is -1 for every unit on the field,but the decreases can decrease any stat(Int,HP,Speed),but only one stat not all.And can decrease only one user per turn in condition that the effect is still activated]

Mini-Effects :
- Noobification
: Gives him the ability to control 1 opponents user for 1 turn.
- Cant Touch Me : For one turn this user cannot be attacked nor be affected by any other effects,but he himself cannot attack either.
- I have Teh Power BABY!! : This makes his ego hp go wild and it make his ego hp x4,but it only lasts for 1 turn and after the effect is used the user is automatically banned.
- Spam,Spam,Spam : With this effect you can summon any additional user but then the user will be proclaimed as an noob and will be targeted.
- Enemy Of THW :It automatically makes you targeted,but it gives you an "Noob Shield" and +2 Int.
- Noob Shield : The user is protected from any effects,but not from attacks.Any attack while in noob shield will be increased by x1.5.But the user himself can use both normal attack and effects.
Effects will be increased by x2,but the attack will be decrease by x0.5.
- Clone Effect : This target can be switched for any enemy user on the field,and if destroyed the user is automatically revived and brought to the friendly field.

ITEM :
Anti-Global Ignore Staff :Gives you the power to copy the stats of any other user,without getting banned.

Last edited:
Level 27
I think I would rather play Warcraft boardgame with custom (made using pen and paper) heroes.
Anyway:

Tleno
Mapmaker-peasant +1 intelligence

Peasant icon

2 intelligence
3 speed
3 health

Ability: Call friend - Allows to use other Hero's ability if that hero is not owned by the enemy...

Items:
Staff of noob pwning - Immediately kills enemy if his intteligence is smaller than Tleno's. Sorry SpankyDmonkey...

Level 18
Do we have to give an item, ability and hero?
I thought those things were separated.

I suggest changing the rule lay-out so it's easier to read.

Your Text Here
For example.

And I think you need chapters for:

- Introduction
- The Board (if you add items on zones and other things)
- The different types of cards
- Game Modes
- Turn Rules
- Combat Rules (range/spells/attack) (could be a sub-part of turns)

Additional:
- Create your own card.

Last edited:
Level 6
GAH editing once again. btw @ Tleno: Uhh you seem to forget, my ability reduced ur intelligence :).

Also, what does the difficulty mean again? Like difficulty to actually cast the spell?

Last edited:
Level 6
Ah.. I see. So the lower the difficulty of the spell, the easier it is to cast it... then I shall change difficulty to 4. Also, is the Crack-Potion imbalanced? +5 speed for 1 turn. Dunno if that's too much or if it is acceptable.

Level 6
spankydmonkey just read the rules

look if you have 5 speed thats 3 attacks extra!
and thats to imba
maybe make 2 speed etc
and the difficulty of the spell is a bit to lame
look you have difficulty 4 that means if you have only 1 intelligence the spell succes to 33% and you know the most usernames have more than 1 intelligence so they could cast the spell everytime and 3 attack for a spell!
and you have to add some targetpoints so its clear how the magic attacks
for example add a range like for ranged weapons or a fixed range of 4-6 fields
or eventually its a touchspell

Level 6
Example:
Firebolt
Difficulty 6(so you need 1 intelligence and very much luck or more intelligence and less luck)
Range 1 (so the range of the spell is like from a ranged weapon so you have to throw atleast the number of fields in range of your enemie to you)
damage: 2 (cause its a weak one)

Level 6
I only edited the character a bit. I left the spells as it is, cause my character is supposed to be only a De buff type character. Basically the annoying type. As long as he is on the field, everyone's intelligence is reduced, which will piss everyone off :). That's why he has such a high speed and low health and low damage over all. Hes not meant to beat people up. Hes meant to reduce their intelligence by a high amount. And just a bit of comic humor :)

Level 19
boardgame.jpg

Rules: Note you only have one dice. And there are four players. Have fun! You also have to roll a 3 for your piece to actually reach the finish space, otherwise he has to go back to the piece he was on until he does. Also, if you have roll enough dice backward to hit the start piece again, you must skip your turn before attempting again.

Level 35
Username
Elenai
Intelligence:3
Speed:2
Life:3

Usertitle
I can walk tru wullz
You can walk trough walkks like they wouldnt exist
But you cant attack through them

Items:
Magic: Blessing of the Naaru
Difficulty 15 (so you have to throw intelligence x dices at least 15 to cast it succesfull)
Range: Self
Gives you a bonus of +1 until the end of your next round

Moon Armor
Gives 3 Armor
Category:Armor

Level 18
What about the balancing?
Having a difficulty of 15 would be very difficult so what kind of spells with a difficulty like 15 would be allowed?
To say it:
With 2 dices the number you will roll most of the time is 7.
So with 4 dices you mostly need to be a bit lucky to cast the spell.
Less is possible too, but chances that it will succeed will get very low.

Reactions: HFR
Level 16
Rizz Boomer:
3 Intelligence
3 Speed
2 Health

Titel:
Goblin Bombadier

Ability:
Goblin Landmine: remember the field Rizz is standing. if another user passes this field (moving over or standing on it. If moving finish the move) the mine explodes dealing damage to close fields (up, down, left and right).

Weapons:
Ranged: Dynamite sticks. 3 Damage. 2-3 Range
(since he's an bombadier and throw explosives he dont like to throw short)

Magic:
Kaboom!: Damage 3 to all surrounding fields and 1 damage to Rizz difficult: 15

Item:
Equipable: Goblin Rocketgloves. increase range by 1

Picture:
models_4492_screenshot.jpg

just use the central part.

hope thats ok if you need some changes just say

Level 18
I might have missed something, but how do you start the game?
Do you have simply start with 1 user or will you play more eventually?
I can't find rules for that :p

If you have 1 agility you can't walk?
Agility divided by 2 shows how far you can walk > 1 Agi : 2 = 0.5 = 0 rounded down

Where are range, defence and attack?
Item based?

With 4 dices you could deal about 14 (affected by defence).
You could also use magic with difficulty 14 (but this would be more risky since it fails at any lower number).

Make sure the 2 are balanced :p

Last edited:
Level 18
Intelligence shows how much dices you can throw if you cast spells
Agilitys divided by two shows how much attacks you have per round
and how much you can walk
Life shows how long you can survive

That's what it says in the rules and everything is rounded down. So 1 Agi = 0 movement (well that can be cool too if you have a ranged weapon xD)

Level 6
H-Bomber

H-Bomber
(Avatar Below)
Intelligence:5
Speed:1
Health:2

Usertitle:
Extreme Lord of the Random
(+3 Intelligence)

Weapons:
Melee: Random Blade of Epic BBQ's (3 damage)
Range: An Elephant (Range 2) (2 Damage)
Magic: Random Spell (Damage Random (Throw Dice) (difficulty 15)

Items:
Armor of Random Defensive Powers (Add 3 armor until attacked once)
Potion of extreme Intelligence (Add 5 Intelligence for 2 Turns)

Attachments

• Giraffe.jpg
    Giraffe.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.