• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help for UV Mapping of my model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi hive, i make a model in blender a convert it to mdx, but when i wanna put in world editor it dont appaer, a friend tell me the problem is the model dont have UVmapping in the texture, i dontknow how to do it, can someone PLEASE help ME

Attachments

• Cup.mdx
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
  • tex1.blp
    7.1 KB · Views: 42
  • tex2.blp
    8.1 KB · Views: 49
  • tex3.BLP
    62.9 KB · Views: 51
Level 17
The model is all sorts of messed up.
It does show but it is way too small. (needs to be about 12~15 times bigger, probably scale unit conversion problem)

The second problem is that when it is in the game it fucks up the rendering and almost gave me a seizure.
My guess would be that the game doesn't like something on the model.
First off the triangle count is humongous, most of the edge loops on the cup could just be removed.
Secondly the normals seem to be missing (or averaged) probably result of conversion too.

Level 1
well 2.490,670 Tris for that kind of model is a owerkil not to mention its a mess of too many Bevel modifiers...it is possible to UV it but it's going to be a waste of time so you need to take it to a reasonable number of tris for the sake of your game

Status
Not open for further replies.