• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help Dialog & Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi everyone,can someone help me?
I want that when I click on a unit in Town the unit gives me a quest (and how to make the exclamation point above him like all RPG)
And to have a reward I have to "give" him an item,but I have no idea about those triggers,need help please.

Level 14
  • Create Effect
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of MyUnit using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Set SpecialEffect = (Last created special effect)
  • Select Unit
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to MyUnit
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffect
          • Quest - Create a Required quest titled My Quest with the description Quest Description, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
          • Set MyQuest = (Last created quest)
          • Quest - Mark MyQuest as Discovered
        • Else - Actions
Note these are very basic and you will obviously have to tweak them to suit your needs, but hopefully this will be enough to get you started. Look around the trigger editor for a bit and eventually you'll figure stuff out

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.