• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hello =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey all Hivers =)

My name's Maedas and I've been poking around this site for about a month now unregistered (D:) and drooling over most things I've seen. I live in Sweden, 18 years old at the time I'm typing and study at the moment, although in my spare time I try to understand more about the game we all know and love ;).

I've been hugely inspired by Dionesiist (hard to spell xP), Fr1ky and CloudWolf, making me have the urges of skinning pulsing in my veins, although I fail miserably :p. If anyone could give me some real basic Photoshop and Map modding guides I'd be forever grateful :D (I've read all there is on THW, still failing miserably with my skins ^^)

The reason I've registered is to be able to look around and learn from more experienced (foremost) skinners, but also mapmakers, as I tend to feel that I could actually pull one off that would be reasonably good.

I have NO previous experience with anything other than photoshop (and this experience is most basic), but as said I hope to change that :)

I haven't spoken/written anything in English for about a year, so grammar might be an issue (although I hope not :D )

Anyways I guess that's all about me, might jump in here and there and post a comment in a while, but right now I'm going to focus on my own learning rather than criticising others (which is unusual for me, I always tend to have an opinion :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.