• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hayate's Models 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few more days and I will be graduate from my college, which means, TIME FOR SOME MODELZZZZZ

I will approach my model in a different way, I most likely will not do any in game texture anymore, but we'll see. For starters, I will do new model as well as remaster and improve my old model, that being said, I still haven't finish kybri0 @Kyrbi0 (<-Pretty sure I spell correct this) Troll Warbringer with his rexxy, which I intend to finish it this time.

I'm just a Tauer wannabe, he's my idol

Lets see my schedule for models that will be working on

The Main 3 model I will be working on now

Uther3.png

127567-83e630ea1a167da750a1a080198cf272.jpg

screen-shot-2017-07-01-at-10-44-01-pm-png.272445

mount-png.257418

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Woo, what an Alert! Very good news (especially about graduating IRL; that's waaay more important than hobby modeling. :p). Looking forward to that GLORIOUS TROLL MASTER RACE being finished. : ) Hit me up.

That Uther is also looking sick!

About custom textures... Lol. Well, artistically it's probably for the better. I know I'm unreasonably picky, so I may just ask for unwrapped models & then wrap them myself, ha.
(except I won't ever get to it because I'm lazy :<...)

And yes, you spelled it right. ; )

Holy shit, Hayate. That Uther looks awesome so far. Is he bold tho? Looks like he is.
Well i currently have some trouble with the hair, a little unsure how to do it, but i will see what i can do

For in game texture, i might or might not make in gmae texture version,

I wanted to stop doing in game texture because its kind of stopping me from making custom texture, and ingame texture is a unique thing in warcraft modding, which only works for warcraft, i always wish to be a pro, so i think i should get my ass started from this slowly building higher quality model over time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uther
uther.png

Kur'talos model improvement #1
Kurtalos.png

NightSabre.png

Next WIP will be the troll

Last edited:
Level 50
Well i currently have some trouble with the hair, a little unsure how to do it, but i will see what i can do

I wanted to stop doing in game texture because its kind of stopping me from making custom texture, and ingame texture is a unique thing in warcraft modding, which only works for warcraft, i always wish to be a pro, so i think i should get my ass started from this slowly building higher quality model over time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uther
View attachment 273918

Kur'talos model improvement #1
View attachment 273919

You could always do both versions. One with custom texture and then wrap it with in game textures.
The head is a little tall now, imo. But I really like his armor and shoulder pads. You did them very well.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45

That's a solid reason to begin improving your hand-drawn texture skills. It'll definitely apply more IRL than Warcraft textures, lol.

When it comes to custom Warcraft models, though, I'll always be a proponent of good in-game texturing. You've definitely got the skillz (re: Warbringer), and it takes a certain level of expertise to make stuff that fits in the game (in my opinion).

Hayate said:
Uther
View attachment 273918
Ooh, lookin' nice. Gotta say, though, he looks like a cartoon character; those legs are so short, and his arms so big/long.

Hayate said:
~
The Troll Raptor is probably already going to be ready to animate ^^
sits on edge of seat

I gotta find that old PM; I'm sure we talked about animations at some point...

That's a solid

reason to begin improving your hand-drawn texture skills. It'll definitely apply more IRL than Warcraft textures, lol.

When it comes to custom Warcraft models, though, I'll always be a proponent of good in-game texturing. You've definitely got the skillz (re: Warbringer), and it takes a certain level of expertise to make stuff that fits in the game (in my opinion).

Ooh, lookin' nice. Gotta say, though, he looks like a cartoon character; those legs are so short, and his arms so big/long.

sits on edge of seat

I gotta find that old PM; I'm sure we talked about animations at some point...

Still need some time though, I need to go get some tutorials on 3ds max first, blender doesnt work well with warcraft :(

he looks like a cartoon character; those legs are so short, and his arms so big/long.

Just try hard to make it look warcraft-ish XD not exactly sure if it fits but we'll see

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
(didn't get the 'ping'...)

Yeah! Lookin' good. I was about to say "does he need a rework?"... But this is definitely, subtly better. I actually really like that custom belt-buckle doodad, and the (dino) tooth now placed in his arm-shields is waaaay cooler.

(don't forget to straighten out/buff up that weapon)

(also, probably don't need to worry too much about his mount)

(also also, why do you have to learn 3dsmax? Haven't you animated before, without it?)

(didn't get the 'ping'...)

Yeah! Lookin' good. I was about to say "does he need a rework?"... But this is definitely, subtly better. I actually really like that custom belt-buckle doodad, and the (dino) tooth now placed in his arm-shields is waaaay cooler.

(don't forget to straighten out/buff up that weapon)

(also, probably don't need to worry too much about his mount)

(also also, why do you have to learn 3dsmax? Haven't you animated before, without it?)

Yeah i dont think there is much i can do on the mount,

For the 3ds max wise, mainly because while mdlvis is simpler to use, it has alot of disadvantage, which will waste alot of time and harder, ive been staring at the foot to make sure ir looks nice and its very demotivating and make me ro avoid to spend more creativity on the animation

(More fancy animation means more foot staring in mdlvis, is super tedious)

Well thats basicly why if you know what is Ik bone xd, just know that the quality will be much much better if i use 3ds max anyway, i can spend my effort ln perfecting the animation instead of spend time to make it look presentable

This will be my first 3ds max animated model anyway, it will be worth rhe wait

Dont worry, i will spend only 2-3 days on learning it, i wont spend more than a week on studying 3ds max, by latest, i will start animating in one week

Last edited:
OK, Im back On Hive, and I will to keep this thread Alive and regularly posting things here from now on, I will still be doing modelling, but might or might not for Warcraft,

and Unemployed, and that explain why I have time for these now :D

That Being say, my priority now is to improve my drawing skills, so I will be much much more active on my Hayate Random Art thread

And Here are some Images to show

I ended up using MDLVIS to animate these, I swear I will learn 3DS Max and use Neodex to animate for my next animation
Walk.gif

Attack1.gif
Attack2.gif
AttackSlam.gif
Spell Slam.gif
Spell Throw.gif
Spell.gif
Stand Victory.gif
Stand1.gif
Stand2.gif
StandReady.gif
Death.gif

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
OMG THAT LAST TROLL'S FACE!!!!!!!!! looks amazing, really amazing!!!! like Kam said before, top quality stuff right here! also, i love how the troll rider looks, but i have to ask, is his mount a T-rex, or a raptor?
Well, it's funny you should ask... It's complicated.

One of the few things I liked from WoW was the Trolls riding raptors (& then the Zandalari riding T-rexes Devilsaurs). I put them in my race, accordingly.
However, I already have Raptor Riders, and while I wanted this hero to be a sort of "heroic raptor rider", I didn't want him to ride just a regular raptor (or even a "special raptor" that's just got extra feathers or whatever). No, I wanted him to ride a T-Rex.
Things were going well with a T-rex, but we had to make some changes here & there to make it fit & look good... started called him a "T-raptersaurus", lol. But still had the big head, tiny arms, big legs & tail, etc.

Then just recently, Hayate tried out a major change in proportions, because it was realized that in-game the rider was waay too small & the mount waay too big... He shifted things and it really looks good, but unfortunately the 'giant T-rex-ness' was kinda lost in the process.

Thankfully, though, it's still OK because compared proportionally to the Raptor of the Raptor Rider, it's not the same (still bigger head, thicker limbs, etc), so I'm pretty satisfied. : )

I wish it will be either T-rex or raptor, but It's a mix of two :p
Aww... Didn't know you felt that way. :<

well not that i dont like it
The reason for the proportion change is due to if i go for the trex size, he wouldnt feel much like a hero but a siege unit or a "mountaingiant/tauren/abomination/knight" equivalent

I do like the look of the old proportion, but it really doesnt fit well as a hero

:p

For the raptor wise, i love the propertion and the shilluote of a certain voljin concept art on raptor, and i think it would look cool xd

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
well not that i dont like it
The reason for the proportion change is due to if i go for the trex size, he wouldnt feel much like a hero but a siege unit or a "mountaingiant/tauren/abomination/knight" equivalent

I do like the look of the old proportion, but it really doesnt fit well as a hero

:p
Of course. I never said you didn't like it; just that we realized (like you said) that the proportions were off. : )

Level 9
Out of curiosity, will the Trolls you'll be making and animating be hunched over like they were in WC3 or be upright like the new Zandalari Trolls in BFA?

On a side note, I absolutely love how this model you're working on can easily be a model on it's own even without the mount! Like you said, it's very reminiscent of Vol'Jin already as is. :D
The proportions look hella amazing!

Out of curiosity, will the Trolls you'll be making and animating be hunched over like they were in WC3 or be upright like the new Zandalari Trolls in BFA?

On a side note, I absolutely love how this model you're working on can easily be a model on it's own even without the mount! Like you said, it's very reminiscent of Vol'Jin already as is. :D
The proportions look hella amazing!

Standing zandalari :p
Oh i was asking if his face looks like voljin or not because im making him

Level 9
Now that I've given it a second look over, his head is a tad bit small. Perhaps enlarge it a bit more. His face looks like Vol'Jin, my fren, again a very splendid job :)

Oh! Perhaps add a some TC on the tusks as well! Like the tusk bracers of sort that trolls like

Status
Not open for further replies.