• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hawk's Spell Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Spell Requests

I've created a thread in which I will take requests to make spells. I'm liable to use others systems, so be sure to give them credits as well. The spells will be made in either GUI, or JASS depending on what the user is looking for, and how I'm feeling that day. The spells may or not be MUI, again depending on what the submitter wants. If I feel particularly happy about the spell, and it's MUI I will submit it to the spells section here. So Your spells will not be exclusive.

To request spells, there are no requirements (I don't care how much rep you have), but I'll only take spells that interest me. There is no guarantee that I'll do yours, but it's likely. The main reason I'm doing this is to get more experience.

Spell Name: - Whatever
GUI/JASS - Whichever you like, but for MUI I may do JASS anyway.
MUI/MPI: - If it doesn't have to be (ie: for an AoS), then it will happen much quicker.
Description: - It MUST be detailed. Spend as much time as you can here, or provide some examples. The more time, the more likely I am to do the spell.
Naruto?: If it's yes, I won't do it.

[B]Spell Name:[/B] - Whatever
[B]GUI/JASS[/B] - Pick one
[B]MUI/MPI:[/B] - Yes/No
[B]Description:[/B] - It MUST be detailed. Spend as much time as you can here, or provide some examples.

So, lets get started!

Last edited:
Level 22
Ehh...Yah, dunno if this is simpler though. first one is from Dota's windrunner, others are spells thought up by me.
Power Shot
Jass/Gui Doesnt matter
Mui/MPI preferabbly both, you never know what scenarios im gonna use it for.
The Hero winds up his/her bow over a period of 1.25 seconds, and shoots an arrow in the direction of the target. (Target can be ground)
It will cut down trees that the arrow comes in contact with, and will deal X amount of damage and X% less damage per target it cuts through.
The Effects are kind hard to describe, if you've played as Windrunner, you'll know.

Arrow Storm
(All slots same as top spell)
Basically Cluster Rockets, but at a slower pace. The hero shoots X arrows at once for every X seconds into an area, lasting X amount of seconds. The Arrows will target enemy units in the AoE. Deals X amount of damage. If there are no enemy units in the area, the spell has no effect

Strength in Numbers
(Passive)
(Same as above)
For every friendly allied unit with the Strength in Numbers ability, the unit gains a .2 armor bonus, and a .4 damage bonus

Shield Bash
(Passive)
(Same as above)
Pretty much bash but with a special animation that is already on the model file(i.e. Defend, Spell Slam).
too lazy to try this out myself

Shield Block
(Passive)
(Same as above)
The unit has an X% chance to block X amount of damage from an attack from an organic, non-ancient, non-hero attack. Also plays the "Defend" animation, and creates the "Defend" SFX at the unit.
(NOTE: I have a similar spell that someone made me, but the unit seems to pause whenever it blocks an attack, and sometimes the unit lasted longer without the spell)

Level 24
Power Shot - I haven't played her.
Arrow Storm - Does each arrow deal damage, or just the AoE?
Strength in Numbers - I recall making something like this a while ago. I'll get on it.
Shield Bash - Boring. :p
Shield Block - Hrm, I'm also not that interested. Seeing as you already have one.

I'll start on Strength in Numbers. I guess I'll make it GUI, seeing as I'm missing my JNGP right now.

Level 7
Here

U make spells? Hmm ok here is what i want... My friend has made a charge spell in GUI simmilar to the Dynnasty's and I want the caster to be hidden at the beggining of the spell and unhidden when the dummy reaches the targeted unit... Just add Hide/Unhide in the triggers thats all i want

Attachments

• Charge(GUI).w3x
    40.7 KB · Views: 58
Level 9
This forum is like ripped out from Pyrogasms spell request forum.

Hawk900 said:
That's a tad more complicated than what I'm looking for right now. I might have to come back to this one later. Sorry. Anything simpler?

If you can only make simple spells i don't suggest having a forum like this. The one he mentioned is, in fact, not a difficult ability to make.

Level 24
EDIT: I just re-read his spell, and it's actually not that hard. I'll do it. I was seeing it as he was colliding with all units int he path, depending on height. ^^

U make spells? Hmm ok here is what i want... My friend has made a charge spell in GUI simmilar to the Dynnasty's and I want the caster to be hidden at the beggining of the spell and unhidden when the dummy reaches the targeted unit... Just add Hide/Unhide in the triggers thats all i want

I'd rather not just edit a simple, existing boring spell but I'll take a look at it. Would the Furious Charge spell (See first post) suit your needs?

Last edited:
Level 3
If you have some spare time, could you code me one of my heros Elite spells?

Note: Since the spells are only going to be on one hero at any given time they don't need to be MUI or MPI but since i'm learning JASS at the moment it wouldn't hurt if you had some spare time to make one of them(Preferably the Elite) either MUI or MPI to learn from.

(Not the awesome spell i want you to make but the spell i want references to this spell and you wouldn't be able to make my spell without it.)
Spell Name: - Mend Spirit
GUI/JASS - JASS
MUI/MPI: - No, but it wouldn't hurt to be MUI. ;)
Description: - Simple heal, like holy light except recovers energy in place of damaging undead.

Description: The lightbringer focuses on the body to heal wounds and the soul to replenish energy reserves. (Energy will not be replenished if used on himself)

Lv1 Heals 175 Damage and recovers 10 Energy
Lv2 Heals 260 Damage and recovers 20 Energy
Lv3 Heals 365 Damage and recovers 30 Energy
Lv4 Heals 480 Damage and recovers 40 Energy
Lv5 Heals 605 Damage and recovers 50 energy

(This is the spell i would like you to create for me)
Spell Name: - Spiritual Union
GUI/JASS - JASS
MUI/MPI: - No, but it wouldn't hurt to be MUI. ;)
Description: - When this spell is cast, for 20-30 seconds the spell "Mend" heals X% more health and the healing energy bounces once to units nearby the initial target only in a radius of X as referenced below, initial target is healing for the full amount whereas the nearby units are only healed for 50%.

Description: Being at one with not only the mortal plane but the spirit plane aswell the Lightbringer can call upon the strength of fallen spirits and allied spirits to empower his healing abilities.

Lv1 Mend heals 20% more and has an AoE of 100
Lv2 Mend heals 50% more and has an AoE of 200
Lv3 Mend heals 80% more and has an AoE of 300

Level 22
ok, ive thought about it, and i think autocast is the way to go, althought passive could work too, if you put some more work into it.
So pretty much when a visible enemy unit comes within lets say 500 range of the unit with Furious Charge, he accelerates toward the enemy, knocking the enemy unit a little bit and damaging him. You might wanna add a minimum cast range, since we dont want units charging others point blank, and if you make it a passive, you might need to make it so that it detects wether or not the unit with furious charge is facing the enemy unit, so if he's retreating, he wont turn around and charge the enemy.
With autocast, the player can just simply turn off autocast, and retreat. if he micros that is.

Level 21
Wrong. I need a hell of a lot more than that, and I'm not going to do 200+ spells.

Onto Furious Charge, I don't understand how it is going to be passive or auto-cast. Does it trigger on attack?
hehe, i have 10 elements, and each element has 20 spells...
Each spell has a spell level...
For example, the level 1 fire spell is the Fireball, then the level1 arcane spell is the Arcane magic ball... so they are exactly the same thing, it's like doing just 20 spells :wink:

Level 24
Ghost. I will make a spell that leaps towards the target unit, and when he lands it knocks the target back. Then, I will make a activatable/passive/autocast version, using that spell. I'm going to get started soon, but I've been working on Paladon's GUI Knockback System.

Level 12
here you go

It can be in Jass but I preffer GUI

It must be MUI, read below

Everybody knows age of empires I&II, priests/monks have ability to convert enemy unit, at some range, BUT the conversion itself takes time (i.e 1time_unit), and if two monks are converting at same time, it takes less time (i.e 0.5time_unit), and if one monk started and second joined during half of casting, it will take cca. 0.75 time and so on and so on. (of course, second/third/forth monk can discontinue casting, so it will take more time then)

And there are ofc. abilities to be more protected from casting (it need more time_units).

if something is unclear, ask

Level 17
Shield Bash
(Passive)
(Same as above)
Pretty much bash but with a special animation that is already on the model file(i.e. Defend, Spell Slam).
too lazy to try this out myself

I'll just lighten Hawk's shoulders, since he thought this one was boring :wink:

It's quite simple, just create a spell based on bash, and set the animation to defend.
NOTE: Defend will only work if the animation name is Defend. In other words, set it to an animation name :wink:

Now, that was quite Off-topic. I might return with a request soon, i just need to remember the details xD

EDIT: Here it comes ;)

Spell Name: - The Flying Dutchman (Ultimate of Davy Jones)
GUI/JASS - Doesn't really matter, but preferably JASS since its efficient.
MUI/MPI: - Preferably MUI, but at least MPI.
Description: - Davy Jones summons his great ship, The Flying Dutchman(Model: A Undead battleship with height around 200. Starts 500 units behind Davy Jones[The Hero] and moves forward).
She will move forward at a slow pace (300 movespeed, up to 1500 units range.), draining the souls from nearby enemy units.(Death Coils fly up from the targets to the ship in a 400 units area every second.)
Also reanimates nearby corpses and recruits them to the ship's crew(Raise dead on all dead and dying units in a 400 units area. I can do the units, just make it compatible with 4 levels.).
When the ship reaches it's destination it will release the souls gathered and give them to Davy Jones, regenerating him.(Shoot Death Coils with a 0.3 second interval, each healing the same amount as drained and sending as many Coils as drained.)

NOTE: The Death Coils shouldn't be based on Death Coil, since i'm not using units with the undead classification. Base it on Acid Bomb or something instead.

4 Levels
Level 1 - 15 damage drained per second, weak crewmen.
Level 2 - 30 damage drained per second, strong crewmen.
Level 3 - 45 damage drained per second, brute crewmen.
Level 4 - 60 damage drained per second, heretic crewmen.

Spell Name: - Borrowed Time(Passive)
GUI/JASS - Doesn't really matter, but preferably JASS since its efficient.
MUI/MPI: - Preferably MUI, but at least MPI.
Description: - Davy Jones is able to sacrifice a crewman of the Flying Dutchman to take his place when facing death.(In other words, he avoids taking the damage that is supposed to kill him. Would be great if the passive icon got the cooldown effect too, maybe with Orb of Slow/Lightning?)
Effect: Undead Dissipate

5 Levels
Level 1 - 115 seconds cooldown.
Level 2 - 100 seconds cooldown.
Level 3 - 85 seconds cooldown.
Level 4 - 70 seconds cooldown.
Level 5 - 55 seconds cooldown.

Last edited:
Level 7
Have u fix my spell yet? You just need to put hide/unhide at some places of the trigger and its done... Sry for causing troble i don't know where to add these actions..

Level 24
Have u fix my spell yet? You just need to put hide/unhide at some places of the trigger and its done... Sry for causing troble i don't know where to add these actions..

I'm not taking that one, seeing as the spell doesn't even work. terra, added.

Anyway, I've not has access to war3 for these past few days, so I've not been able to get much of a start.

Level 17
Terradont: dont you think i already tried that? doesnt work.
passive abilities dont seem to use animations unless you trigger it to do so, with the exception of critical strike.

Bash, Critical Strike, Cleave all does so. (there are others, like war drums, but that is the stand animation so nevermind)
They use the attack slam animation, and that should be set to defend or something like that. I don't know why it wouldn't work, because it should.

Level 24
Go make your own thread. ^^

Anyway, I'm going to stop taking requests for a bit, because I want to get a chance to work on Paladon's knockback. I'll still do those presently requested.

EDIT: Double Post.

EDIT: This thread failed, because of things that I have going on. Apologies all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.