• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having trouble with my created skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I recently began to try to make a skin (downloaded wc3 viewer and photoshop). So I reskinned the Felguard and it shows up in the wc3 viewer but when i try to import it into my map it doesnt work. I noticed that theres 2different file names for the felguard, the file name in the viewer is units\demon\felgaurd\felguard.blp but when i use that the editor says that it cant load that. The one that the editor uses is units\demon\felgaurd\felgaurd.blp but when i use that for the imported file it just gives me the regular felguard. I have successfully imported over skins but i cant import my own.... very frustrating. Help anyone?

Level 3
the model file you want to use needs to be a .mdx or .mdl i think... and when you import the file to the map. rename it to something like felguard_custom.mdx (or whatever the file extention is) then on the unit you want to use this new model on, go to art - model file, you should be able to select the custom file from a drop-down menu under imported.. If not, go to the import manager. find the model you want to use. doucle click on Full Path and copy the path. Go back to the unit, go art - model file click the custom path section. then paste the path you copied form the imported model there, then press ok.

That should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.