• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Harvest Moon: A New Wonderful Life" Is Coming to The Hive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, again! It is I, Justin Daniels, and I wanted to say that I am thankful to you all who are reading this, and for a surprise, I have been waiting all night to show you all what I have been up to these past couple days, and... well... Let's just start the introduction to the game I'm working on, which is "Harvest Moon: A New Wonderful Life".

Deep in your childhood, you were raised by your dad, who was a farmer in Goldenroot Valley. You learned how to grow a garden, as well as tend to livestock, and everything was going along greatly... until you went to College. You were doing great in college, but you received a phone call from the Mayor of Goldenroot Village, and he said your dad just passed away. Right away, you packed your stuff and took a plane to Goldenroot Valley. When you got there, it seemed quieter, and so many people were sad, as your father was a great guy, who not only took care of his farm, but he also cared for everyone in Goldenroot Valley. Then, when you showed up, you promised everyone that you will inherit the farm. Suddenly, the sun looked up in the situation, and the people started to cheer... for they now have a new friend to look up to... a new hope for the town's economy, and a new Wonderful Life to take a role in.

This is just the basics of the story. The rest of the story is told in the game play. I have screen shots to show you all, as well :) .
16avccx.jpg

b3l7p5.jpg

rlkw1h.jpg

35buk5g.jpg

-Walk by arrow keys
-Gardening (Although I think I can add more stuff to it :) )
-Mining for Gold (But I'm trying to make it where you can only mine in the cave.
-Third Person Camera

-Marriage
-Children
-Storyline
-Energy Depletion by working
-Hunger
-Fun activities (Minigames)
-Many more.

I was able to accomplish what I currently have in one sleepless night, so this game shouldn't take too long to make :). I'll keep you all updated on the latest one. Until now, I don't have the map posted, due to the fact that it is still in progress, but I will entertain you all by updating the screenies :). Well, thanks for reading! Peace! :thumbs_up: .

Level 4
Such a touching story :cry: I even got a chill down my back as I was reading it. Oh wait, I just left the window open.

Anyway, it sounds good since Harvest Moon is a strangely fun and addicting game to play. Hopefully you do fix the terrain up better, because it's extremely plain and unoriginal right now. I guess this type of map is more about the game mechanics though.

It would be nice if you at least posted up a demo map that shows us a little about the features you've already completed. It doesn't have to be detailed or include any storyline at all, but it keeps people interested in your map to have something to test since the terrain isn't really much of a 'beauty' in the screenshots yet.

Well I'll definitely be looking forward to updates and demo maps for this in the near future. Good luck!

Level 3
Hey, everyone! Glad you all like it. I will be moving it to the Early Alpha forum, due to me being half asleep, and accidentally putting it on the wrong forum :( . But at least the admins understand that I'm new here :) . Thank you all for understanding me. I will definitely not give up on this map. And also, if you have any troubles, please contact me. I will always be happy to help :).
P.S. Thank you all who liked the story. That was probably the thing that will stay throughout the game, and as for the terrain, I know it sucks now, but trust me. I will fix it up to be even better than it is now. Like I said before, thank you all for taking interest in my map :) . Cheers!

Level 3
Hello again, everyone! I'm back from the hospital. Apparently, I was about to die due to my Crohn's Disease getting worse. I have a tube in my arm that goes to my heart, where I take my medicine every 8 hours. I know, it sucks. But at least I'm still alive and kicking, and guess what? So is Harvest Moon's Production. That's right. I'm booking it now, and hurrying up the process to recover the days I've missed. I've been working on the environment as well as adding new buildings and people. I also have a nice little waterfall area. I'll post a screen shot of it soon. Anyways, the moral of this story is I'm still alive, and so is this map :) .
P.S. To everyone in the Hive, Sorry I posted the map in the wrong section. I will post sceenies and videos of it until it's full release, so that way I can surprise the people with my map. God bless!

Level 21
Hello again, everyone! I'm back from the hospital. Apparently, I was about to die due to my Crohn's Disease getting worse. I have a tube in my arm that goes to my heart, where I take my medicine every 8 hours. I know, it sucks. But at least I'm still alive and kicking, and guess what? So is Harvest Moon's Production. That's right. I'm booking it now, and hurrying up the process to recover the days I've missed. I've been working on the environment as well as adding new buildings and people. I also have a nice little waterfall area. I'll post a screen shot of it soon. Anyways, the moral of this story is I'm still alive, and so is this map :) .
P.S. To everyone in the Hive, Sorry I posted the map in the wrong section. I will post sceenies and videos of it until it's full release, so that way I can surprise the people with my map. God bless!

I'm with ya dude, my brother has morbus crohn too ... :(

Level 3
Thank you all for the support in this tough time. I am still feeling great, it's just that I've been out in the Hospital for a long time. Anyways, I'm about to post a screen shot based on the new Environmental booster, Maple Springs. It has a huge Waterfall that might look incredible in the game. Anyways, the pic is on it's way. I just need to make a couple more edits :) .
+To Redscores: I'm sorry to hear that. Tell your bro that I'll be praying for him. :) .
+To CyberDuelX16: It doesn't really suck once you get used to it, but I appreciate your concern :) .
++To Everyone: Another reason why I was gone was not just because of the Hospital, but rather because a very special dog of mine, Maggie, died right after I came back home. She had Heart Worms, and it became severe in our sleep. At least I said good bye to her before she left this world :cry: .

Level 3
Well, I'm back from the Hospital again. I had surgery, which removed that abscess from my Small Intestine, so now I can't walk very fast, nor can I lean at a certain position, but I'm still alive, and so is Harvest Moon. I will return to it once I'm feeling better, considering I just made it out of Surgery, after all. I will be working on it again shortly, though. I mostly need time just to catch up on things. Until then, happy gaming, everyone!

P.S. I'm feeling very sore, so please bear with me. I will return to this game soon. I promise. :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.