• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Happiness Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I just made a map to get back into modding wc3. I call it Happiness Map.

The purpose of the map is to change all the unhappy people into happy people just by running near them.

I would like constructive critism or ideas to make it better.

I currently have systems to respawn creeps after the game ends, a system of obtaining points, and a very basic leader board.

New in version 1.0
Slightly Terrained.
Camera Startup for a better veiw of the map.

Things to come soon.

"Special UnHappy units"
Not sure what these guys do yet. I think they will probally start up a minigame of some sort.

Please post constructive critisim or ideas to make it better.

Happy5.jpg

Happy4.jpg

Happy3.jpg

Happy2.jpg

Happy1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 7
sounds creative and interesting, i'll test it and see how it is.

-couple minutes later-
OK I've just tried it out and the game is quite easy. It could be fun when played with other people. You could expand the map or even put obstacles to make the game a bit harder, maybe have to kill a few creeps or go to extreme measures to make the men happy. Overall though i reckon the name makes it sound nice lol, and the map needs to be a little decorated or else it'll look bland. Hope that helped you.

Level 5
Ok thanks for your ideas. I just added a slight amount of terraining but i'm not very good at it yet.

Your difficulty ideas sound good and made me think about special unhappy guys for minigames or something.

And I just realeased a new version that is slightly terrained.

Level 12
I got a good idea to make it a bit more interesting.
Make another unit same model as the unhappy person but with a sort of aura shield thing.
This unit cannot be converted because it has Emo Shield [ :p jkn ]
Give all the heros a goodness ball ability, when it hits the Emo Shield [ :p ] the shields ids destroyed and the unit becomes a normal unhappy person ready to be converted :)

Level 7
lol, emo shield... anyways form the screnshots, it's starting to look very awesome, better then the last version at least

Level 5
Thanks for the good ideas. Emo sheilds and angry men sound very good ideas. I will try to work them into the next version. I am currently in the process of making the map more difficult.

Theblooddancer-I capatalized the words because they were new topics but i don't have enough descriptions about the little parts to make them into their own little topics.

Level 7
emo guy... that still cracks me up :xxd:
anyways, the map has improved so much when i look at your first version i want to puke. Great job

Status
Not open for further replies.