• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GoldenRam's Helms Deep Revamped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well after a month and a half of working on it it is finally here, I cannot submit it as a resource because I cannot enable Java Script on a library computer.

V.1.00 Helms Deep Revamped
Likely the best Helms Deep map you will ever play on Warcraft III

I hope to update it with new features, spells, and recolored Orc abilities, but for now I hope you all enjoy this first release.:grin:

I hope the filesize can be hosted, orc AI allows it to be played singleplayer though.

Last edited:
Level 5
It is a Lord of the Rings battle that took place in middle earth. Watch the two towers sometime and you will know what it is.

Level 16
Now that its in map development. You need to add more info about the map. You are not actually telling anything about it, other than its a helms deep map. I know the type, but what makes your version different from very many other helm deeps maps?

Level 5
Sorry for the late reply. That threat was from wc3sear.ch and was moved over during the merger, so thats basically the wc3sear.ch rules you were reading. I have no idea if any of those rules carried over during the merger.
-VGsatomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRam
Quote:
Original maps only. That mean no edits of other people's work. This includes blizzard. The only exceptions to this is if a map was willingly passed on from one owner to the next, and not valid edits made from open source maps.
I have been overhauling a Helms Deep map for the past month. I plan to make the definitive Hornburg Map, but the map I have worked on was worked on by 4 editors previously. As each new editor picked it up it got progressively better. Because this map is an edit of an edit of an edit of an edit, would I be able to submit it in the map development section? My changes are quite substantial, and I believe it will be the standard of quality expected for all LOTR maps. One you will likely never delete. I did not want to make a thread about it because I am unsure of the rules... I plan to give credit to all of the past editors. If you could fill me in on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I was unable to contact any of the previous editors, as I cannot play on B-net because I lack an internet connection at home.

-GoldenRam

I only Recently Recieved a reply from VG, and the rules were revised AFTER I made my original post.

Admins read the date I started this post, you awarded negative rep because of your own screwups, and failure to read the map development rules before the recent revision. I put it in the Off-Topic section because I did not want to infringe on the rules. Off-Topic should mean anything is ok, people spam like hell, and they do not often get negative rep.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
The off-topic forum is actually primarily for talk not related to Warcraft, since we're a Warcraft 3 Community we have forums that should cover just about anything related to warcraft (if not, go talk about it in the Warcraft 3 Discussion board), although it happens some times. But, since we have a map development board, talk and discussions about maps and such should take place in there (here).

The Off-Topic forum is not the place to go posting things like this just to avoid the Map Dev. rules etc.

And it doesn't matter if the rules were revised "AFTER" you posted the original post at Wc3sear.ch or w/e it is that you're talking about.
If you made a new post, as such it should observe the *new rules*.

GoldenRam said:
Off-Topic should mean anything is ok, people spam like hell, and they do not often get negative rep.
Lies!

Level 5
02-03-2007, 09:24 AM is when this topic was started.

I thought you were the site director you should know how to find out when things were posted...

Level 45
There is no need to make such a big fuss, its merely a warning i gave you, i(or anyone) dont hate you or anything.
There are farrr more stricter forums than this.
Ages when wc3sear was in its prime there was a mod who gave warnings for doubleposts.
you get 2 warnings, 3rd =ban. So consider yourself lucky.

This was posted this month, it doesnt go by wc3sears rules. Wc3sear came down before new years, same with its rules.

You posted at Hive, not wc3sear.

and archian is right,and only certain people have the power to move topics so dont point at a mod or admin for not doing it earlier if thats what your disscussing.

and please deal with these things via pm, your trashing your own thread....

Level 5
and archian is right,and only certain people have the power to move topics so dont point at a mod or admin for not doing it earlier if thats what your disscussing.

It is not what I am discussing... I followed the rules and got punished... That is what the problem is.

Level 6
Ram, i still love you, I'm your Egg and your my Ram. We are meant to be together!

Level 5
Thx Eggy... Some mod can delete this thread... I will start a new one under a "Proper" format under the new rules.

Level 5
I have beaten it multiple times soloing, it requires using all the heros at your disposal. It is possible though, glad you liked the Aragorn archer. :)

Level 9
ooooooh, so dont put allies as computers (duh)...illtry again sometime :p

i may have some ideas for you...

- Make the reinorcements spawn more than 2 each level, so:

- level 1 - 2
- level 2 - 3
- level 3 - 4

etc, etc...

maybe an AOE sword attack for Aragorn, like maybe one for Legolas and so forth.

ill get more ideas later!

Level 5
They sound like good ideas, currently working on the next update. It has barricade kits for Humans/Elves among other things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.