• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

God's Word: The True Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Soon I'll show some interesting details about the project :ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:
Level 7
1887979.jpg

"Meet on clothes..." or "Take care of the honor in his youth"

The land is rife with rumors and all your actions will affect on the relationship to you. Reputation is an important social aspect of my map. Have you ever heard the sayings: «Meet on clothes...», «Take care of the honor in his youth»? So in my map it is very actual. Reputation, in its turn, will be divided into two parts - general and individual.

General reputation affects the relationship to you of NPC group, united on any grounds (Guild Hall, a residence).

Individual reputation characterizes the ratio of specific NPC to each player.
These two types are closely related. Having a common point of reputation, let's say in the Thieves' Guild, an individual relationship to you at the NPC, which belongs to this group, too, may increase by one. However, such a rule is not always 100% valid. Here plays an important role nature of the NPC and also its susceptibility to rumors. In addition the overall reputation will influence such important points as you access the protected areas, etc. Well, judging by the individual's reputation, the ratio of NPC to be relevant to you. Below is a list of matching the reputation and behavior of the NPC to you.

100 – Loves :ogre_love:
-If you try to start a conversation with no hidden weapons does not say anything.
-Main hero can stay at NPCs home, even if he is in there.
-NPC closes its eyes to majority of crimes the MH.
-Does not take away a hero's weapons, if he has fallen.
-You can improve the relationship with the explanation of the relationship.
-Available a variety of concessions and new things to trade.
-Sometimes NPC can even present something for the hero.

80 - Refers friendly :ogre_haosis:
-If you try to start a conversation with no hidden weapons does not say anything.
-If the NPC leaves on business, he tries to politely expel MH from home.
-NPC closes its eyes to part of crimes the MH.
-Being a guest, the hero may be ask to eat.

70 – Respects:thumbs_up:
-NPC closes its eyes to part of crimes the MH.

60 – Trusts:ogre_hurrhurr:
-NPC closes its eyes to some of crimes the MH.

50 – Do not pay attention:ogre_icwydt:
-If you try to start a conversation with no hidden weapon - NPC says, "Remove your weapons."
-If the NPC leaves on business, he tries to kick out MH from home.
-If the MH does not go within 60 seconds, then he starts to attack or call guard.
-When crimes the chance to avoid punishment is extremely small.
-Takes away a hero's weapons, if he has fallen.

40 – Do not trust:vw_wtf:
-Dialog buttons of learning are hidden.
-If you try to start a conversation with no hidden weapon - NPC says, "Remove your weapons."
-At the entrance to the house takes out weapons and tries to expel MH from home.
-If the MH does not go within 60 seconds, then he starts to attack or call guard.
-Takes away a hero's weapons, if he has fallen.

30 – Refers disrespectful:thumbs_down:
-Dialog buttons of learning and trading are hidden.
-At the entrance to the house takes out weapons and tries to expel MH from home.
-If the MH does not go within 30 seconds, then he starts to attack or call guard.
-Takes out the weapons and gold from MH, if he has fallen.

20 – Hates:ogre_frown:
-Most of dialog buttons are hidden (Available only quests).
-If you try to start a conversation with no hidden weapon - NPC starts to attack on hero or call guard.
-At the entrance to the house starts to attack on hero or call guard.

0 – Wants to kill:ogre_rage:
-NPCs do not want to engage in dialogue with the hero, and at every opportunity, wants to attack the hero.
-If the hero is knocked down, NPCs will certainly kill him.

Level 5
Looks absolutely amazing. Can't find the proper words to express how much I would play this map.

My personal suggestion is, in the future, if your team has the time to do it, include other various AI heroes. Ones like the main character that go around and interact, do quests, ect. Make them able to join a party with the hero and do team dungeons or whatever will be available. (It'd be even better if the party could go up to teams of three or five.)

Level 7
Vikus, Even in the demo version will be creatures and characters who will fight with the hero. And they will not be controlled by the player and AI. Ready: Skeleton, Forest Spirit (Summoned creatures). In development: Several NPCs with whom you can hunt, dog.

Level 7
The Evolution project

• No script, I write everything on the move
  • Ready a small piece of map
  • Gameplay is not well thought out
  • Horrible Graphics

• The script is still lame
  • landscape demo completed
  • The graphics have improved greatly, but not ideal
  • Gameplay has made a leap forward, added many new skills

2011-2012

• Written by a great script (more than 800,000 symbols of text)
  • Graphics much improved
  • Improved landscape
  • Improved gameplay
  • Made part of the AI

All things are possible. The main thing - desire.:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
Userbars

HTML:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/gods-word-true-way-204990/"][IMG]http://savepic.su/1930747.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

HTML:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/gods-word-true-way-204990/"][IMG]http://i043.radikal.ru/1109/bf/a177173da050.gif[/IMG][/URL]

HTML:
[URL="hhttp://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/gods-word-true-way-204990/"][IMG]http://s51.radikal.ru/i133/1007/94/dcc846276051.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

HTML:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/gods-word-true-way-204990/"][IMG]http://savepic.su/1929723.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Support the project, put one of these userbars in your signature!:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
1332148074_scenarii.jpg

I'll answer for another question. Why do I write the scenario for so long?

On this has affected several factors:

1.Almost all dialogs are non-linear.

Suppose we were given the task to carry the sword to the blacksmith to repair. We come to the blacksmith. Give the sword. He is taken to repair, and when we come back, says the owner of the sword has a duty to him some money for repairs. You can cheat a blacksmith, saying that the owner e.g. very hurries to leave. You can give back gold yourself. You can go back to the owner and ask for the debt. Of course, the owner of the sword, will not give back the debt. So you will either beat him and take the gold, which of course is bad for your reputation, or to persuade him that much harder. And you can even pick up the gold from the owner of the sword, to seize the sword of the Blacksmith by deception and thus leave all with nothing, eventually taking away it all.

2.Oratory

In the demo version will have 5 skills of eloquence: Lies, Threats, Flattery, Persuasion, Bribery. You can complete the game and not having learned none of the skills. Yes, you will have to stay a fool, for all pay and receive their just deserts for the atrocities. But you can beat the game. It is necessary to learn at least a couple of skills, the game becomes easier, and added more non-linearity. Of course, each NPC has its own individual characteristics.
If the threat of one character act, it does not mean that another person will not be able to hit you in the face of such audacity.

3.Quests

In the demo version will be about 50 quests. Most of them are somehow related to each other. Quests are not given all at once, and coming as it passes. The main plot will include about 10 non-linear quests and 3 bossfights (for one game it will be possible to test only 2, because of the nonlinearity). In the story there will be two parallel main branches. Quests will be simple, do not requiring the effort of the brain as well as complex, in which it is necessary not only skillfully controlled the mouse and keyboard, but also be smart. Even a normal quest with an apparent mean like: "Go fetch," could turn into a story with many ramifications.

4.Reputation

Earlier, I described to you the system's reputation. It directly relates to the dialogues. Almost every sentence of your character indexed by a certain amount of reputation derived after its utterance. Well, if you mess up relations with the NPC, the opportunity to assist you in "Elucidation of relationships." But this ability does not bring you the desired effect, if not pumped eloquence.

5.Personality NPC.

Each NPC has its unique character, communication style, favorite phrases. Here are some examples of phrases of different characters:

Main hero: What happened here? :vw_wtf:
Durin: What do you want from me, a geek? (Hamming) What happened here? What happened here? Go and ask Thorin's what happened here! * Muttered under his breath some illegible invectives *
Cursed be the day when I got in touch with this idiot...:ogre_rage:

Main hero: What's new?:ogre_hurrhurr:
Marcus: I heard that you went to jail.
Wait... Listen, stop this thing unkind.
And if you do not calm down, then you can hang yourself ...:ogre_icwydt:

MH: (False) Hello, lads.
What do you mean? Do not accepted? I too like you ... Well... There... gop-stop and all the things ... :goblin_yeah:
Dean: Then so, I'm Dean and this is Sam. You probably already knew who we were. This is our region, if you think to milk it alone, we will find you and bury you. Or rob with us or don't rob nothing. Do you understand? :ogre_frown:

MH: Do you have a girl here? (5 gold) :ogre_haosis:
Yuki: What kind of girl you interested in? If you mean of those vicious whores, then unfortunately we have none. Want to carnal pleasures? So you direct road to Portvallum.:ogre_hurrhurr:

Nick: (cant smokes) Uh-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! :ogre_haosis:
MH: Hey what are you doing? :vw_wtf:
Nick: Oh, baby. You are beautiful! :ogre_love:
MH: Did you fell from the oak? :goblin_jawdrop:
Nick: You have beautiful eyes! Come to me ... Wait, do you have furniture? I see that there is. Well, then go to you ... :ogre_love:
MH: Hey! Open your eyes! I am a man! :ogre_frown:
Nick: Wow! Released. What are you staring at me like that? Have you ever seen how to smoke the grass?
:ogre_icwydt:

6.AI. All NPCs will be AI.

And for every action hero need come up with NPC reactions, and thus choose the appropriate phrase. Now the structure of the AI is as follows (for dialogue):

• The response to a weapon in the hands of a hero
  • The reaction to unwashed hero
  • The response to the theft of / entrance into a dwelling place, etc.
  • The reaction to the attack
  • Dialogues arrest (Only the guards)

As you can see there are a lot of innovations in the interactive system.
So do not be surprised such a long development of a demo version.

Level 7
Present to you the map game world of my project
attachment.php

Attachments

• GW Map PNG (Eng).png
    GW Map PNG (Eng).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 10,722
Level 7
Hi guys! Do you want to help the project? Use my signature!

HTML:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/gods-word-true-way-204990/"][IMG]http://savepic.su/1930747.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Level 7
Until the card itself is not completely ready. The scenario consists of 50 000 words.
Within 10 days of my translators have translated the dialogues for 10 npc.

Level 7
Do not worry, will the English version, my team of translators working on the translation of texts. Now I'm finalizing the artificial intelligence, as well as some other goodies. In the end, I plan on not only life in the day, NPC, but their reaction to the actions of the protagonist. For example, you can attack the NPC, and if he is stronger than the MH, the hero falls and the NPC will take him weapons and gold. However, after that we can become stronger and avenge the NPC, and the restoration of our gold and weapons. reputation also plays an important role. Depending on your actions NPCs will treat you differently.
P.S. And now I'm working on new additions to inventory. If anyone does not know at this point in the inventory is placed 72 items that are divided into categories: Weapon / Armor, Potions / Food, Household items, Books / magic items, jewelry. 6 items can be put on the hero, he will receive bonuses and items will change its appearance. Only 6 subjects such as: Helmets / Headgear, Armor, Right Hand, Left Hand, Cloak / Bag, Shoulder.
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Status
Not open for further replies.