• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Go on cooldown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I don't think there is any other way than casting the spell to get it on cooldown.

If you want to hide any spell effect from casting it to get it on cooldown I would suggest using a dummy spell, then when your hero casts this spell check if its just to enable the cooldown or if its a "real" cast, if it's a real cast, create a dummy that casts the spell with the effect.

I hope this helps you :)

Level 20
You could make the ability with about 0.5 second channeling, order the unit to cast it, and stop it inmediatly, it won't cast, and will go on cooldown... I can't see any use for it though...

Br0

Br0

Level 4
The only way to force a cooldown is to make the unit cast the ability you want to have the cooldown with.

Level 37
It is kind of troublesome since abilities go on cooldown after "Starts the effect of an ability". And that triggers after the time specified in Art - Cast Point has passed. The time starts when a unit "Begins casting an ability". Most units have 0.3-0.5 seconds cast point time.

I'm thinking you'd have to use custom casting system. Set cast point to 0 and use last order library. When you just want to set an ability to cooldown, order the unit to cast it, then after a 0.00 timer, order some past order using the library, so it looks like the unit never used the spell. That will reset animations though.

When you want to really cast the ability, you could give the unit hidden dummy ability based on channel, which then has the channel/follow through etc times you want.

Last edited:
Level 26
It is kind of troublesome since abilities go on cooldown after "Starts the effect of an ability". And that triggers after the time specified in Art - Cast Point has passed. The time starts when a unit "Begins casting an ability". Most units have 0.3-0.5 seconds cast point time.

Not only that. The ability can have another casting time. Targeted abilities must be aimed directly in front of caster and then you have to pay attention that those can target there and that they do not cause havoc due to their individual effects. Would be better to have a native approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.