• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Giving skills with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am making a Hero building map, and I have run into a unique problem in the function i am writing to give the hero a specific skill when he acquires the correct item from the skills shop. The action, Unit - Add Bash Special to (Triggering unit), gives the Hero a skill, but the Hero cannot LEVEL the skill.

Any ideas?

Level 12
as the Hero aquires the same item-type once more, you make
  • Unit - Set level of Bash Special for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Bash Special for (Triggering unit)) + 1
that should do the trick, if its a tome-like Skill-gain

Level 2
Thanks, but what I am trying to do is make it so the Hero can level the skill normally with their skill points (like custom hero line wars), and, although it does give them the abillity, it does not give them the ability to level the skill.

You know, they did "Hero - Learn Skill". They didn't use "Unit - Add Ability"
Heres an example trigger:
  • Events
  • Unit - A Unit Aquires an Item
  • Conditions
  • (Item type of(Item Being Manipulated)) equal to Clash and Slash
  • Actions
  • Hero - Learn Skill Clash and Slash
I really never did skills like that YET, though im doing it for my CHSI map. It also might not work since i never tried it. BUT im sure "Hero - Learn Skill" should do the trick, since it gives the hero the skill and puts it in the Hero Abilities. Oh, and if your thinking it gives the hero first, your wrong. It doesn't do that. Hope that helps you.
Oh yeah, and if your going to go with the "Buy same ability item to level same ability you have" trigger, you need to do Item - Remove (Item Being Manipulated). So it doesn't stack in your inventory.

Level 5
You just naturally start the hero with dummy abilities. Example from custom hero arena: All heroes start out with 1st spell, 2nd spell, 3rd spell, and ultimate. Or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.