• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Getting Editor to use disabled icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello Hive! Looking for some help.

I’m using some custom icons for buildings in my latest project. The problem is, though I have the Disabled version of the icons loaded into my import manager, the game is still defaulting to a solid green square when a building can’t be constructed (either because the prereqs aren’t met or the main menu is open).

Is there a way I can get the editor to recognize and use the disabled versions of the icons for when the icon is not active?

Level 24
This may be the first time that you want to whack Blizzard but it will surely not be the last time.

Disabled icons are partly hardcoded into the game.
When an icon is disabled, the game will search for a disabled icon instead.
The game will search for that icon under "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtonsDisabled\\DIS<iconname>.blp"
So it does not matter where your custom icons are, if their disabled counterpart is not under the CommandButtonsDisabled, the game will not find them.

Ofcourse you can go to the import manager and select all your disabled custom icons and place the path "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtonsDisabled\\DIS" just before the iconname.
This will surely fix the issue.

Level 6
This may be the first time that you want to whack Blizzard but it will surely not be the last time.

Disabled icons are partly hardcoded into the game.
When an icon is disabled, the game will search for a disabled icon instead.
The game will search for that icon under "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtonsDisabled\\DIS<iconname>.blp"
So it does not matter where your custom icons are, if their disabled counterpart is not under the CommandButtonsDisabled, the game will not find them.

Ofcourse you can go to the import manager and select all your disabled custom icons and place the path "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtonsDisabled\\DIS" just before the iconname.
This will surely fix the issue.

When I modify the path I keep an error which says
"Unable to create directory in [yadda yadda] ...ReplaceableTexture\\CommandButtonsDisabled\\

System error: Cannot create a file when a file already exists."

Status
Not open for further replies.