• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Game Text Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, to give the basics of what I'm trying to do, in the map I am working on there are random events. When a certain unit enters a certain region (where it's created because of the event) it is supposed to tell only the players who have their unit near the event creature... The problem I am having is that it sends multiple messages instead of just one. Here's what the portion of the trigger that sends the message looks like:

• Event
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Triggering Unit)) matching ((Unit-Type of Picked Unit)) Not equal to EventUnit)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (First unit of group (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering Unit))))))) the text: (EventText)
          • Do Nothing
Note: The Do Nothing is an attempt to make it only appear once.. At times it wouldn't appear at all, other times it'd appear twice instead of once..

Can someone please help me out..?

Side Note: This is my first time posting, so if I've done something wrong, please just tell me >_<

Thanks in advance,
- Grim-Death

Last edited:
Level 2
The thing is, that's used for multiple event units in one trigger, so I don't have to make a new one for each unit... Is there any way to do what I'm wanting to do without having to make a bunch of separate triggers..?

Could this perhaps work..?:

• Event
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to EventVariable[(Player number of (Owner of (First unit of group (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))))))] the text: (EventText)
EDIT: Never mind, that won't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.