• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Full Diablo Campaign in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Diablo Respawned
I have been working on a full translation of the origional diablo to warcraft3 for almost a year now.
I have spent the last 4 months working on the inventory, NPCs and other character based aspects. Almost done with that now. I will need to construct the 18 other lvls of the dungeon and piece together the quests.

Currently the map features:
3 classes: warrior, rogue, sorceror

16 spells with 10 lvls usable by all classes

Custom Icons for Spells and Items

up to 10 characters can be saved on a single account

Random item generation with 27 base items 60 prefixes and 60 suffixes.

Weapon, Helm, Armor, Ring, Amulet.

10 item inventory to hold found items.

Srrength, dexterity, and lvl requirements for the items.

Text based shopping through dialog boxes.

Pepin, Adria, Griswald, and wirt all operate like the origional diablo. Random items, resale, Etc...

Characters have the four stats: Str, Dex, Mag, Vit
on lvlup players give five points to the stats of their choice.
There are Attribute caps for the classes.

Heros have a max lvl of 20

Working Town Portal that switches between maps.
Using small or medium maps to decrease lag during play.

Music imported from diablo 2.

In progress:
Some of the prefixes and suffixes have bugs.

Random item drops in dungeon

Dialogue with NPCs, Gillian, Ogden, and the Drunk.

Custom models for the items.

Starting Quest implementation.

8 enemies so far. 22 left to start

Yet to start:
levels 3-20

Most quests

Bosses

If you would like to help I will be needing:

custom models for unidentified sword, bow, staff, armor, helm, ring, amulet, potions(red,yellow,blue), and scroll.

Maps for the poison water supply, dungeon(4),Chambor of Bone, catacombs(4), Caves(4), Hell(4), and Lazaric's Layer.

Balance testing for spells, items, and enemies.

Level 2
Hard to say when it will be done. I wanted to get it done by christmas but it looks like it will take a few more months before Alpha status. I might have a playable version by march. We'll see.

If I had more help it would get done faster.

Level 13
What kind of help can people provide to help you with?

Sure would be intrested, A little bit busy but I could make some spare room to help you out, this is only if you like.
Let me know.
Greets
/Warnicro/

Level 2
what I need most is for someone to make some of the maps for the game. If you want to help you can make Poison Water Supply(Tiny map). Map file name needs to be "3.w3x". That would be a good start. you can send it to [email protected] as an attachment. You dont have to create any triggers or enemies just the terrain and doodads.

Do that and we'll talk more. I still need a bunch more maps after that.

Thanks alot,

Level 2
I'm giving you creative license. If you've haven'tplayed the origional diablo the poison water supply is a small underground cave with poisoned water. upon destroying the monsters the water turns clear.

If you haven't played the origional diablo this project may be hard for you.

Level 5
I played diablo 2, and I think, that this will be a great campaign. Sorry, I can't help because I have much work with my campaign and my WARCRAFT 3 web page, so I can just wish you GOOD LUCK!!!!

If this will be campaign, than that can't be a multiplayer level!

Level 2
This terrain shouldn't take more than an hour to do. If you aren't going to try. Just say so. Its very small. I was just giving you something to start on. I just started terraining level 2 when I'm done in a couple days I will start on Poison water supply. So if you want to be involved, do the little map and send it to me in the next 2 days.

thanx

Level 2
Poison Water Supply is a Sublevel to Level 2. It should be size 32 x 32 underground tileset with a simple path. Water should be green. One enterance Cave at the bottom left of the map no exit. The level just needs to look organic. Go play the origional diablo if you have to.

Level 2
I think you're thinking of the wrong diablo. There was an origional diablo that was Game of the year in 1998
Diablo II came out in 2000 and the Lord of Destruction Expansion Pack came out in 2001.

In the origional Diablo there were no acts. Please
Visit
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo/
If you're still confused.

I put my current campaign on this site. Feel free to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.