• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Foggy Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Never start terraining out of boredom!
Sometimes an overrated rule...
I was bored, so I thought of a day
at a foggy lake and here it is...

Attachments

• Lake Real1.jpg
    Lake Real1.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 1,790
  • LakeReal01.jpg
    LakeReal01.jpg
    759.4 KB · Views: 517
Level 34
Shot angles could probably be better. As suggested, use the water plain doodad, it owns. Tip for waterfalls; select all the waterfall doodads, delete them, then undo your delete. For a second there won't be ugly lines where the top of each doodad is, and it'll flow better. Take the shot then.

Level 6
Yeah thx a lot... Just imported the water-plane model from the Utm and it looks much better. Some doodad placement is not fine, since I planned to make a screenshot from far away. But I´ll change that, because its right what Gilles said about the shorter angle.
Beside these doodads, what about the others, didn´t they fit there or need I to lower or raise them?

Level 6
Ok I´m working on it right now, testing out the light effects in the UTM. But still haven´t figured out to make a realistic fog-effect with glow model.
Hopefully I could upload a new pic tomorrow...

Level 6
As I said before here are two new reworked pics.
-added glow
-added water-model
-changed angle
-removed WE-Fog
-changed sky
But I still haven´t found the fog model in the UTM.
And I think it will be so far the last Screenshotmap
with highres doodads, because my Pc isn´t going to make it
(especially with the glow and cloud-effects).
Thanks to all so far...

Attachments

• Lake4.jpg
    Lake4.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 734
  • LakeLarge.jpg
    LakeLarge.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 184
Status
Not open for further replies.