• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Altered Melee] Fleck's Melee Altered Development Thread

Level 13
Here is where I post my altered melee races ideas, concepts, screenshots, etc. Ultimately, I planned to merge all my finished altered melee races into a single map like Ultimate Battle or The Third Age.

Finished Races
While these races are considered complete, I might update them every now and then.

1. Bandits
Background
Bandits prey upon hapless travelers and soldiers alike. These lawless "rogues" think only of theft and burglary and enjoy causing great pain to their victims as well. Though the Alliance has offered large bounties towards the capture of these wretched men, they always find a way to slink back into the shadows of the wilds.

2. Sisters of Battle
Background
The Adepta Sororitas, colloquially called the "Sisterhood," whose military arm is also known as the Sisters of Battle and formerly as the Daughters of the Emperor, are an all-female division of the Imperium of Man's state church known as the Ecclesiarchy or, more formally, as the Adeptus Ministorum.

The Sisterhood's Orders Militant serve as the Ecclesiarchy's armed forces, mercilessly rooting out spiritual corruption and heresy within Humanity and every organisation of the Adeptus Terra.

3. Anime Game Altered Melee (AGAM)
Background
Custom tavern heroes with custom skills from various animes and games!

Planned Races

1. Villagers
A generic villager race with inspiration from isekai animes.

2. Adeptus Mechanicus
Background
The Adeptus Mechanicus is the official Imperial name within the Adeptus Terra for the Cult Mechanicus or Cult of the Machine based on Mars which provides the Imperium with its scientists, engineers and technicians.

The tech-adepts of the Mechanicus are the primary keepers of what is viewed as sacred wisdom, a privileged caste of Tech-priests who jealously guard the knowledge required to maintain and construct much of the Imperium's advanced technology.

Mechanics
Unique economy - does not need workers to mine gold and gather lumber (undecided if I make a unit gather lumber instead)
Build Radius - requires buildings to be built near townhalls and plasma generators (might not make it to the map if difficult to implement. If implemented, ai will not be affected by build radius)

Techtree
Townhall
Sub-Cloister -> Cloister -> Forge Temple

Goldmine
Haemotrope Reactor - Provides a steady flow of Gold until the gold mine is exhausted.

Lumber
Plasma Generator - Provides a steady flow of Lumber.

Altar
Altar of the Machine God - Summons and revives heroes. (Archmagos Prime, Magos Explorator, Rogue Trader)

Barracks
Genetor Caropraedium - Trains Fulgurite Electro-Priests, Skitarii Hypaspists, and Castellan Robots. Also contains the Voltagheist Field, and Orbs of Omnissiah upgrades.
Fulgurite Electro-Priest - Holy warrior of the Omnissiah that can reclaim the Motive Force from vile unbelievers. Can learn the Voltagheist Field ability. Attacks land units.

Research
Librarium Omnis

Farm
Ferratonic Furnace

Vehicles and Aircraft
Manufactorum Cybernetica - Produces Leman Russ King Pattern Battle Tanks, Skorpius Duneriders, Hell Stalkers, Aetos Combat Drones and Archaeopter Transvectors.

Tower
Tarantula Sentry Gun

Market
Jokaero Trader Encampment

Screenshot
full

3. Corrupted Ancients/Night Elves/Satyr Race
Background
Satyrs (sometimes pluralized as satyr) are a race of bestial demons usually sworn to the Burning Legion. They are created through the spreading of the ancient satyr curse, an affliction which originated with Xavius, a Highborne sorcerer who was destroyed and remade into a demonic form as a punishment for his failures by Sargeras during the War of the Ancients. In modern times, satyrs mostly live in various sects throughout Kalimdor and exist only to harry their hated night elf cousins and obey the will of the Legion, though others have instead sworn fealty to the Old Gods and work to spread the influence of the Emerald Nightmare.

4. Kobold Race
Status: 0% progress (Will begin work once villagers or Adeptus Mechanicus are completed and released)

5. Starcraft Races
Status: 0% progress (Will begin work once villagers or Adeptus Mechanicus are completed and released)

6. Command and Conquer Generals

7. Tropico Simulator (Life of a President (LOAP))
Technically fits the description of altered melee in my opinion.

8. Zombie Survival
Technically fits the description of altered melee in my opinion. Inspired by Rebuild and Last Stand games.

Fleck's Melee Altered Combined (FMAC)
FMAC maps contains my finished races (except Tropico Simulator) in a single map. Current version includes the Sisters of Battle, Bandits and Anime Game Altered Melee (AGAM).
Human, handicap 90% for Sisters of Battle and Human, handicap 80% for Bandits, tavern for custom heroes.
Stealthly update: removed debug message, fixed Evasive Maneuvers, updated Sisters of Battle to v2.2

Attachments

• (8)FMAC_HavenHold v1.1.w3x
    35.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Level 27
Not a Warhammer player, but I'm still fascinated with Adeptus Mechanicus and I'm looking forward to your making it work.

As for Starcraft Races, you can check out piesofnorth's Zerg Campaign which is really impressive on the technical level, to get more than a few pointers.

Level 13
I'm curious about the "Anime Altered Melee". What anime/games have you included if I may ask?
Sure. By the way, can you see the screenshot in the spoiler? If not, try opening the image in a new tab.

Overlord (Anime, Manga, Lightnovel)
Momonga, Sorcerer King
Albedo, Guardian Overseer
Demiurge, Defense Commander
Shalltear Bloodfallen, Strongest Floor Guardian
Entoma Vasilissa Zeta, Arachnid Battle Maid

Youjo Senki/Saga of Tanya the Evil (Anime, Manga, Lightnovel)
Tanya von Degurechaff, Devil of the Rhine

Goblin Slayer (Anime, Manga, Lightnovel)
Goblin Slayer
High Elf Archer

Heroes of the Storm (Game)
Alexstrasza, Draqonqueen

Other
Gawr Gura, Shark vTuber

I'm also accepting heroes and skills suggestions though no guarantee that it will be added.

Not a Warhammer player, but I'm still fascinated with Adeptus Mechanicus and I'm looking forward to your making it work.

As for Starcraft Races, you can check out piesofnorth's Zerg Campaign which is really impressive on the technical level, to get more than a few pointers.
Thanks for the interest, stay tuned!
Yea, I really need to play PiesOfNorth's Zerg Campaign one of these days. It's on my to do list :grin:

Level 11
Sure. By the way, can you see the screenshot in the spoiler? If not, try opening the image in a new tab.

Overlord (Anime, Manga, Lightnovel)
Momonga, Sorcerer King
Albedo, Guardian Overseer
Demiurge, Defense Commander
Shalltear Bloodfallen, Strongest Floor Guardian
Entoma Vasilissa Zeta, Arachnid Battle Maid

Youjo Senki/Saga of Tanya the Evil (Anime, Manga, Lightnovel)
Tanya von Degurechaff, Devil of the Rhine

Goblin Slayer (Anime, Manga, Lightnovel)
Goblin Slayer
High Elf Archer

Heroes of the Storm (Game)
Alexstrasza, Draqonqueen

Other
Gawr Gura, Shark vTuber

I'm also accepting heroes and skills suggestions though no guarantee that it will be added.

Thanks for the interest, stay tuned!
Yea, I really need to play PiesOfNorth's Zerg Campaign one of these days. It's on my to do list :grin:
Thank you for the reply :thumbs_up:

Unfortunately I can't see the image. All I see is a line. Attempting to open it in another tab also doesn't seems to work...

I don't know any of these anime so there's not much I can't say of the characters. I've been interested in doing an anime-themed Dungeon Crawler map but there's a severe lack of resources so its fallen by the wayside. I do have some hero ideas left over from it but I'm not sure about them.

I'm also interested in your Warhammer maps so I might check "Sisters of Battle" out later.

Level 13
Thank you for the reply :thumbs_up:

Unfortunately I can't see the image. All I see is a line. Attempting to open it in another tab also doesn't seems to work...

I don't know any of these anime so there's not much I can't say of the characters. I've been interested in doing an anime-themed Dungeon Crawler map but there's a severe lack of resources so its fallen by the wayside. I do have some hero ideas left over from it but I'm not sure about them.

I'm also interested in your Warhammer maps so I might check "Sisters of Battle" out later.
Strange, I can see it on my end. I may need up to upload the images here then.

I highly recommend chaosrealm.co (needs account) and xgm.guru/p/wc3/resources (use Google Chrome Google Translate feauture for russian to english text) for your anime and game models needs

Enjoy, my maps also includes custom AI :grin:

Level 11
Strange, I can see it on my end. I may need up to upload the images here then.

I highly recommend chaosrealm.co (needs account) and xgm.guru/p/wc3/resources (use Google Chrome Google Translate feauture for russian to english text) for your anime and game models needs

Enjoy, my maps also includes custom AI :grin:
I've had trouble making an account on Chaosrealm but I'll check out xgm.guru :thumbs_up:

Level 13
Just ported AGAM to FMAC, noticed some bugs and squashed it. The attached FMAC map in the original post has been updated. The next version of AGAM will include new heroes and maybe a new map.

Possible new heroes in no particular order:
Tatsumaki (One Punch Man)
Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
BB (Fate)
Alter Ego S (Fate)

Adding a new map to the Sisters of Battle, AGAM, FMAC is on the to do list.

I also extracted and converted some starcraft audio so I might do a starcraft campaign too somewhere in the future.

Level 11
Just ported AGAM to FMAC, noticed some bugs and squashed it. The attached FMAC map in the original post has been updated. The next version of AGAM will include new heroes and maybe a new map.

Possible new heroes in no particular order:
Tatsumaki (One Punch Man)
Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
BB (Fate)
Alter Ego S (Fate)

Adding a new map to the Sisters of Battle, AGAM, FMAC is on the to do list.

I also extracted and converted some starcraft audio so I might do a starcraft campaign too somewhere in the future.
Just curious to know, is there any particular reason you're going with Mikasa and not Eren or Levi?

Level 13
Just curious to know, is there any particular reason you're going with Mikasa and not Eren or Levi?
Just my personal preference :grin:
It helps that 300 Heroes already have nice icons of her and Levi on the fandom wiki.
It also lists their abilities from their MOBA game so I already have ideas to work with.
Plus I already made misc fixes to her model and added a very basic skill anim for the 3D Maneuver Gear skill.

Interesting trivia, it actually where my AGAM Black Rock Shooter got her skills and icons from! Sure, I watched the anime and played the psp game but I just struggling to think up skill ideas for her.