• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] fixing a unit limit trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok i'm makeing a builder map and i wanted to limit the building of towers and when i play the map the it seems to mix 2 of my builidings up with eachother the trigger is set up like this:
minor tower limit
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Limit training of human arcane magic tower to 15 for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Limit training of human arcane magic tower to 15 for Player 2 (Blue)
      • Player - Limit training of human arcane magic tower to 15 for Player 3 (Teal)
      • Player - Limit training of human arcane magic tower to 15 for Player 4 (Purple)
      • Player - Limit training of human arcane magic tower to 15 for Player 5 (Yellow)
      • Player - Limit training of human arcane magic tower to 15 for Player 6 (Orange)
      • Player - Limit training of human arcane magic tower to 15 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Limit training of human arcane magic tower to 15 for Player 8 (Pink)
and what happens in game is that it mixes these units up with my income building when there upgraded. but when i make 15 income buildings it dosnt also take them off the list. but it dose take the towers off the list plz help me

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
what i mean is that when my income is upgraded its included in the count for the trigger for example:
if i have 5 towers and 10 upgrade income buildings it acts as if theres 15 towers

Level 2
i do use food to limit them the problem is because its confuseing 2 completely different units as one and the same i only have the triggers to limit the towers and no trigger to limit income and i added a 3rd tier and the works correctly only when ur on the first and 3rd tiers.when ur at 2 it thinks that they are towers and takes the towers off the building list even if u havent built a single tower

Level 2
thats what i do, there is no trigger to limit the amount of income buildings in my map, only the towers, and now i have a tier 3 income building and the problem gose away after u get to it

Level 2
god dam it thats exactly the system i have. listen to me. I USE NO TRIGGERS TO LIMIT INCOME ONLY TOWERS. it was a problem that had somthing to do with a mistake in how i set up the unit but like i said before, now that i have a tier 3 it works only when ur on tier 1 and 3 but it still confuses them on 2

Level 2
heres an example:
i have 5 income buildings that are tier 2AND ARE NOT UPGRADED FROM TOWERS NOR ARE THE TOWERS UPGRADED TO THESE
i have 10 towers
it acts like theres 15 towers when theres only 10
the units are not realated in any way to the income

Level 9
W8... As far as i understanded, it goes:

1. You have 10 towers, already placed on the map by you (not triggers) through WE. These towers MAY be upgraded to income buildigns.

2. You have 5 income buildings, already placed on the map by you (not triggers) through WE. These buildings MAY be upgraded from towers, but are already placed. Like already-placed-on-map Arcane Tower, that can be upgraded from Watch Tower?

If its correct, i see no way why it doesn`t work... Most probably you used wrong triggers to limit the units. You can use:

• Limit
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1 second of game time.
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8 do actions:
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit of type TOWER owned by (Player(Player number(Integer A))) and do (Actions):
          • If, Then, Else - Multiple actions:
            • If - Conditions
              • If (Number of (Units of type TOWER)) owned by (Player(Player number(Integer A))) Equal to or greater than 15
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Make TOWER unavaible to build/train/whatever by (Player(Player number(Integer A)))
            • Else - Actions
              • Player - Make TOWER avaible to build/train/whatever by (Player(Player number(Integer A)))

Status
Not open for further replies.