• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire and Life

Level 36
So, I'm back!

And I've started fiddling with the editor again :) Struggling with working around the the fog glitch in the editor, but yeah.

This is a sort of kind of promotional scene of sorts for a kinda sorta secret thing ;)

Attachments

• WIP7.png
    WIP7.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 77
I am aware, but true scenic terrainers only work from the editor ;)
That may be true for SD assets, however the new HD asset mode makes in-editor work more of a hassle (not to mention the final results). While you can probably live without the fog working properly the biggest downside to only staying in the editor is that light environments and shading doesn't work. All models looks extremely bland in the editor compared to in-game. There are some natives you can use to completely hide the UI, I'll post them tomorrow. If you want to keep your work in the editor you might as well go with standard SD mode instead, and use the plethora of good custom models around, since there's basically no point in using HD mode except for the lighting and shading.

Edit: Also a lot of particles don't work in the editor.

Use the following in 4 custom scripts to hide all UI:

Code:
call BlzFrameSetAllPoints( BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_WORLD_FRAME,0), BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI,0) )
call BlzHideOriginFrames( true )
call BlzFrameSetScale( BlzGetFrameByName("ConsoleUI", 0), 0.01 )
call BlzFrameSetVisible(BlzGetFrameByName("ConsoleUIBackdrop",0), false)