• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fighting depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
what if the topic of your depression is unrelatable to the people around you

like let's say, a terrible review of your warcraft map. that limits the people you can talk to about it. therefore you would be alienated and depressed.

Level 21
what if the topic of your depression is unrelatable to the people around you

like let's say, a terrible review of your warcraft map. that limits the people you can talk to about it. therefore you would be alienated and depressed.

Why getting depressed over a bad review? It's not the end of the world, you know (talking from my experience). The user may get upset, but if you are not a mod/reviewer, then what? Absolutely nothing to be depressed and alienated about.

What about when someone is mean to you and you realise they are right. thst you don't deserve to be alive?

If the guy is right, then the problem is in you and you gotta change your attitudes, just in case you can't shun him in any way. Apologize for your mistake(s), reconcile with him, even if it it'll cost dearly, and finish it.

Depression in general is extremely hard to fight alone, that's why I highly recommend sharing your problems with someone you trust. Your chances of getting over it soar.
Next step, identify what the source of your depression is. School? Work? Some people? Maybe the Hive itself (e.g bad reviews, being offended etc...)?
Once you find it, try to solve it e.g some people annoy you: steer clear of them / Hive causing problems: try to change your attitudes ... and so on.

You do not blatantly fight depression with a knife, and even less with some crockery directly from your kitchen!

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
terrible review of your warcraft map
SF would have review phobia by now if that was the case.
And so deep down the abyss of depression one would need a rocket to reach him within a few thousand years down there..
A JOKE! don't ban me plz.

In another thread regarding depressing I said the depression was a choice.
Though I mostly said it for fun.
In a weird way it got a bit of truth in it, though it's not exactly solid enough to bring up in court so to speak.

The point was that you can do so much to reduce stress and other life aspects that reduce common causes of depression by a lot. Thus those that don't try to do that technically choose to remain that way.

However if you're heed over heals for someone and then gets dumped, which leads to depression, then I admit that there's not that much to do when it comes to my suggestion thus makes it a semi-serous joke.

edit: I hate when I have to say that it's a joke :-/
ruins the joke itself but people are dead certain to get offended otherwise.

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

Depression? Umm... How about you drink a hell ton of vodka, Smash some glass bottles outside your house, Rampage in public or maybe ugh just bonk your head many times till it bleeds.. Or try seeking a priest or a doctor to recover your happy-go-lucky-as-you-spam-the-whole-Off-topic-and-Something-Else-Section behavior...

Level 19
I don't know

what I find helps fight depression is to look up all the ways to kill yourself. me and a friend of mine once looked throw a 101 ways to suicide book, he was cutting himself because a girl dumped him (gay)

Anyway I think you guys should try it out. there are a lot of funny ones there

damn it I can't find the link... well I guess if your depressed, don't ask me for help

Level 22
I don't understand why people often cut themselves whenever they get depressed. Honestly, I find that absurd. Nothing good comes out from doing that, it'll only inflict pain and leave scars on themselves. Same goes with suicidal thoughts though this one is kind of understandable to me. When it all seems like there is no more hope, commit suicide is the best escape route but really, that is egoistical. So I think it's not what helps you fight depression but instead, helps you to make an escape route out of your problem.

Level 19
I've cut a little before. just to see what's the big deal. and I can guarantee you it defiantly makes you feel better... not that I wasn't feeling better before

has anyone ever given blood? it's the same feeling, only your not even remotely saving life's except maybe your own

cutting, your own personal therapist ^^ but watch out! her prices are sharp ·_·

Level 21
SF would have review phobia by now if that was the case.
And so deep down the abyss of depression one would need a rocket to reach him within a few thousand years down there..A JOKE! don't ban me plz.

That gotta be the worst joke I heard in my life. Don't disagree with me, please! XD

what I find helps fight depression is to look up all the ways to kill yourself. me and a friend of mine once looked throw a 101 ways to suicide book, he was cutting himself because a girl dumped him (gay)

First of all, I find it very dumb to suicide because a girl dumps you. So what? Forget about her and get over it.
Suicide is never the solution. You think death will solve your problems? Certainly not! You simply escape from your problems and leave them to your family, in addition to creating even more yourself.
Remember, there isn't happiness without experiencing some sadness. You cannot predict when your life will decide to swerve suddenly to a brigher path.

Status
Not open for further replies.