• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Frozen Spellpack

Why do you like Frozen Spellpack?

• It's good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm intrigued with the fancy presentation (spell description)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Interesting thumbnail (preview image)

• Promising rating

• It has been in the top 20 list for a long time so I feel interested to give a try

• I'm just ripping some external scripts from the map

• I like the spell effects

• I like spellpacks for one hero more than singly submitted spells

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Regarding to my Frozen Spellpack, it has reached more than 800 downloads within these ~9 months. Which is quite surprising for me since I think there is no much activities in the spell section lately (past 1 year).

I wonder what makes it so interesting so that a lot of people downloaded it? Whereas I have some better resources, but they aren't really liked like this one. To answer those questions, I decided to open this polling. Please, fill the polling above or if you have other opinions, you can post in the comment.
(Don't worry your name won't be displayed in the poll)

Disclaimer
I know maybe this seems quite self-exposing/arrogant/childish/etc. Please, don't get me wrong. Believe me I've tried my best to make this thread doesn't sound arrogant as possible, as it really does not intended for. I'm just hoping that this can be some short of benchmark for me (or anybody else) for my (or their) next resources. So I can present everything you actually want in a spell/system?

And please, don't go off-topic!

Thanks in advance!

Tys_NegativeMind_Quote.jpg

Last edited:
Level 19
Well, there are a few key differences:
  • One is a pack, other is a single spell. Downloading spell packs is typically easier than searching for multiple spells with similar style, spells that get along together.
  • Dark Matter is still awaiting update. When a user sees said spell, and sees that its not approved, the first thing that hell think is 'oh, well if it isnt approved then it probably has bugs - I should probably wait untill everything is sorted out'. I think the pack was for a contest and it that sort of helped for it getting moderated faster (I would think so, atleast).
  • The pack is uploaded 4 months before the dark matter spell which means its been on the hive for more than twice the time. That one is kind of obvious but it still is important.
  • There is lore, hero description and name include in the description. Thats basically all you need for a hero.

Thats how I would think if I was relatively new to the hive.

Personally, I dislike reading dark text (especially dark blue - it hurts my eyes). It just makes it more appealing to read white text rather than the normal beige text.

Status
Not open for further replies.