• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Favorite Fantasy Race/Creature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Tauren - Warcraft equivalent of Native-Americans. Strong, Wise, Spiritual, and Protectors of the Land. PLUS, they are minotaurs, and minotaurs, as someone said earlier, are sexy [the males, not the females!].
Draenei - A race that looks evil, but is trying to be good. Kinda of a redemption theme going on, but with magic. PLUS, they too have a sort of minotaur theme going on [and their females ARE sexy, males not so much].
Worgen - Need I explain?!
Scyther - LoL
Satyr - Warcraft version, but mixed with classic. IE Like to party, and like to kill.

Level 10
The Elves from Dragon Age. Most original portrayal of elves I have ever met.

But my favorite creature has to be the Chernovy Wizard from Quest for Glory IV. Ah, I can still remember the sheer terror I felt when I encountered them at night in the Mordavian Forest, 8 or 9 years ago when I was playing QfG4.

Level 3
Let's see...

Faeries, obviously. Especially if they are in a Steampunk 'verse. Imagine evil, aristocratic elves ruling over hordes of stinking, uneducated goblins, trolls, ogres, hobgoblins and pixies... Yeah, I do like Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

Level 6
Mine are Dwarves - first of all their architecture is epic, they're awesome and they remind me of home and the people where i live at in Silesia. It's the biggest industrial area in Poland and people here are of a hardworking, cheerful kind. I mean we even have a holiday in honor to the miners, how much does that remind you of dwarves :p.
Also i love wow trolls, they're just fun mon :D.

Level 5
Drow:dark elves are a generally evil, dark-skinned subrace of elves
the best of the best... agile, smart, and very evil

or....

VOGONS !!!! YEAH!!!!

Level 7
Dwarves. No-nonsense industrious midgets deep in the mountain with a liability to dig to deep? Awesome.

Orcs/Orks. In most incarnations, although the warhammer 40.000 is the best, followed by warhammer fantasy. Arcanum orcs/half-orcs (All of whom are factory workers) as well, since you can lead them in a revolution against the Gnomes (capitalists). Pretty much the most surprising turn of events I've yet to see in a game.

Level 2
Would the 40k Chaos beings count as a race? If so, them. I just love me some eldricht abominations. A close second would be the Orcs of Warcraft; instead of the brute, half-brained, green/grey monsters they're usually portrayed in, they're an actual race to rival the humans. Orcs are basically a second-world civilization compared to the Human's first-world; technology from the latter using the primitive resources from their surroundings.

40k's Orks deserve an honorary mention: because we always need more dakka.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Nifty necropost, that.

I'm somewhat divided, so it'd have to be a combination of several so-called fantasy races. I love the lean, generic look of vampires and (dark) elves. I also love the sturdy, and long-bearded dwarves. Moreover, I like fallen angels/demons with wings because, well, I do. I like hobbits because of The Shire. I like mermaids because they're naked. But, most importantly, I like everything new that there is no abundance of already. As such, I don't have a favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.