• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Fatal Error (Unit Having an Ability)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Aerial Shackles FATAL ERROR!

I get crash all day. and now i find out why

the units that have Aerial Shackles when they are attacked by me (player) and are owned by (computer) cause fatal error.
i tried with dragonhawk rider, nope, he doesn't crash.
i gave aerial shackles not modified to my own units, again crash.

i am PUZZLED BEYOND WORDS

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

It is known that casting aerial shackles on the same unit twice can cause fatal error. Are you sure this isnt what happened?

nope.
the unit has aerial shackles or modified version of it.
the unit isn't using it. its just having it in its ability list.

when i attack that unit, there is a crash.
when i control a unit with shackles and a computer attacks me, no crash.

when dragonhawk (for testing purposes) is being attacked no matter whos controlling it, no crash.
somehow dragonhawk doesn't cause crash, but everything else with shackles does.

idk why.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

That's funny, I can't recall, but it might of several things :
1. There's a trigger corresponding to this <<Medium Chance
2. There's a Model issue <<Low Chance
3. There's a Warcraft 3 Installation Error <<Medium Chance
Else, I am speechless.

Well all triggers are disabled. so 1 is a no..
installation error - i never install wc3. i just copy paste it. no problem for more than 10 years. so 3 is a no
the model sounds most promising because the three unit models that use shackles are: goblin sapper, goblin clockwerk and goblin zeppelin.

the most puzzling thing is not crash when you use ability or triggers connected to it.
its attacking a unit that has it. that's so confusing to me... WHY?!

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

SOLVED

Mod can close this thread.
To anyone that happens to have the same issue, here is what happens:

- Do not base your units that would use Aerial Shackle like ability on the following unit models (Goblin Shredder, Clockwerk Goblin, Goblin Sapper and Goblin Zeppelin) instead base them on let's say, Footman then change their model to whatever you want.

- If you would be stuck like me, there is no solution I found. Units based on those 4 units I mentioned before are gonna crash the game whenever they take damage (any damage, I tried attacks, spells, triggers even immolation - any damage to them would cause fatal error)

Status
Not open for further replies.