• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Explode-on-hit missile, preferably jass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I need a Fireball spell for my map, and I've scoured the spells section for missile systems and fireball spells, and most of them either lack information for configuration so I can't edit without messing something up, or are some weird looking lagging things that don't work. So I basically need:

-A missile
-moves until it hits an enemy unit
-moves until it reaches max distance
-explodes on death
-deals initial damage
-deals damage over time to units hit by explosion

Configurables:
-missile model
-travel distance
-damages
-Aoe
-distance to proc
-explosion proc boolean (define as a constant outside)
-traveling speed (no acceleration, normal moving)
-explosion model
-unit dot model

It shouldn't be hard? Right?
I would really be grateful to anyone who could get me this spell done!!

Thank you Frotty +rep, I really did loose at least 3 hours trying to find a spell like this or a system like Anachron's which I couldn't configure because it has 20 triggers

Adiktuz, if that were the case, I wouldn't be posting this thread, if you didn't want to reccomend a resource or help in any way, leave your comments out please.

I'm not trying to insult anyone's work, but my lack of experience limits my choice

Last edited:
I did recommend something, I told you that you can use search to find the multitude of missile resources we have in here since we already have those...

If you have already searched but cannot use what you found, you should have told us on the first post what are those that you already tried so that we can find another one... saying something like "and most of them either lack information for configuration" doesn't help in determining which ones you already used

You are right, sorry, I didn't write enough details since I was frustrated a bit (random reasons).
At the moment, I'm trying to implement the system Frotty linked as it has all the things I need, but I'm having problems because I believe I don't have the latest JNGP (I get errors that "libraries cannot require scopes") and I am failing to find an uncorrupted version 2.08 is the latest I believe?
So I am focusing on other things until I really have to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.