• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Every self made Ability triggers my kill Ability

Level 2
Hey! I made an sell/kill Ability with the following trigger:

Gebäude Abreißen.PNG

• Events
  • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an Ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) is G01 Gebäude Abreißen
  • Actions
  • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
Now, my problem is: Every Ability that I made so far kills the building....
Has it something to do with how I make new Units/Abilitys (by copying and pasting existing ones)?

I think, there is no need to say, Im a complete noob and this is my first map.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
That shouldn't happen.

The Condition is looking for this particular ability:
  • (Ability being cast) is G01 Gebäude Abreißen
If it's NOT that ability then the Actions won't happen.

You either have another trigger you forgot to delete, a disabled Condition, or are experiencing a weird bug.

Feel free to attach the map in your post if you can't figure it out.
1713031285580.png

Last edited:
Level 2
Sadly, I can not figure it out... What I figured out is:
1. It only occours, when the "Gebäude Abreißen" Ability is castable by the unit and
2. only with self made Abilitys, not premade.

I attached the map. the building in question is the first one available on the worker that apears starting the game.

Attachments

• v01-0150 Pandas.w3x
    141 KB · Views: 1

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
No, its supposed to be a self destruction ability.
I see the problem. All of your abilities are based on Wind Walk and you've given them to the same unit.

When your unit tries to cast any of those Wind Walk abilities it's going to pick one of them at "random" to cast. This is because they all share the same Base Order Id -> windwalk. In this case it's casting G01 Gebäude Abreißen which causes the trigger to run and kill the unit, even though you tried to use a different ability.

There's an ability called Channel which is designed to be used with triggers and has a feature to avoid this ID conflict issue:
channel.png

It has a special field called Base Order ID which let's you separate the different Channel abilities by giving them each an unused ID.

In this case you'll want to change some other settings as well:

Base Order Id: An order id that the building isn't using already.
Disable Other Abilities: False
Follow Through Time: 0
Options: Visible
Targeting Type: Instant (No Target)
Hero Ability = False
Levels = 1

Here is some other important things to know:

Make sure your Dummy unit has it's Movement Type set to None:
dummy.png

The Art - Animation - Cast Point determines how long it takes for a Unit to cast an ability:
cast point.png

You probably want to set this to 0 for your buildings so that they can cast abilities instantly.

Also, the Art - Animation - Cast Backswing determines how long the unit will continue to play their cast animation after casting an ability. Again, setting it to 0 will help speed things up. You generally want your buildings to cast abilities as quickly as possible and get on with whatever they were doing before, especially in a Tower Defense style of map.

Last edited:
Level 2
thank you so much! It works just perfectly like that!
thank you for pointing out the other mistakes as well! :)
Its the second time you helped me in just a few days!
:plol: