• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EUs can play PTR now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Since when can we at EU play PTR? I must have missed a lot. In the past when you start the StarCraft II Public Test you get 'you cannot connect', now you can.

And since PTR is only NA server (kind of like Westfall for Warcraft 3), that's currently the connection we from EU can get to NA and this is pretty awesome! I never saw any news regarding that, I was only seeing I could not connect, now I saw I can. With the new patch they will add Play PTR button but there was no way to know now.

Oh god, if you know how much I wasted my time trying to play on custom games to train vs specific race logging in/out 10 times like an idiot (thanks to the way bnet 2.0 aka 0.2 game lobby is made) cause you don't get the race or skill level opponent you want.. here can ladder to the max <3 There are also custom maps, which I didn't expect but yes there are.

Edit: [/INTEREST]

Does no one care that you can play the stupid custom maps together?

I played a Korean guy in ladder and Im glad I finally had the feel of playing outside Europe. I forgot that PTR doesn't mean NA only, it means Koreans and all servers in 1 place :>

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Since they attached the PTR key to your Blizzard account. It appears as a separate game lisence.

I advise you bring up the fact you like playing with people other than those in your region to Blizzard. Who knows but with HotS we might see even larger realm mergers.

Level 22
No, actually since war3 the only reason why ever entered Azeroth was cause of 1 Canadian with whom we played 1v1/2v2. I never cared about playing with others outside my region. But seeing all these tournaments and EUs playing vs Koreans and NAs I was interested to also go outside, also in case there are Koreans on PTR, it becomes a good place to train vs strong guys. Basically what im mostly happy about is the fact that you have a test server where you can train and do everything you want on behalf of your 'main account' in the other server.

Status
Not open for further replies.