• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Europe: The Art of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I never played SCII, so I don't know. I've only heard things about it... Bad, bad things. Can you use Garena to play SCII? That would be better, although I have never used Garena too, so I don't know.

I don't think I could lead the project for two reasons: First, I don't know shit of anything related to map creation. There was a day long ago in which I could perhaps have started my way into it: I tried making a custom game of Eragon. But then my sister erased the file and any possible path as a map creator got cut off since then :p Now do I not have the patience nor the time to be one.

The second reason it is that the map is not mine. I know just how sick Goffterdom is of copiers, as I also am. I cannot just claim his project and continue for him... Although, he does seem to have abandoned it completely (despite entering Hive Workshop still), and I would continue, not just copy just the project, aight? Besides, I was of his trust. If someone knows roughly what he would want his map to be, that would be me. So it is not that wrong, right? In any case, if he ever came back, he would just assume the lead himself and then correct what he felt that should be corrected, and then continue doing it.

About my country...

For starters, we've started our "proper" history as a colony, for 3 centuries. After that, Brazil did claim its independence, but it was not the people? No... It was the son of the Portugal's ruler of the time, that transformed it into a Empire and then abandoned the nation about 10 years later to reign in Portugal for 2 years or so. They never did anything of special, just... Governed. We were also the last country in the continent to proihibit slaving of any kind. Shortly after that, Brazil transformed into a republic. But not because of the people, no. It's always the interest of higher people, in this case, the military. And what is now known as Old Republic was a fraud. The elections were made up pretty much, and there was a cycle of power between the parties of two states. Now in the 20th century, after the 1st Great War, there had been revolts because of it, also in the hands of the military sector. They won, and decided to make a dictatorship. For freaking 20 years. Although, I must surprisingly say, it was because of that dictatorship that we began to desenvolve economically. Then, when it ended, there was this president that had brilliant ideas that would have solved all of our actual problems, but the people were afraid and casted him down because he seemed communist. Really? And after that his vice assumed, and had the same ideas. The military striked again, and instead of holding onto his ideas and trying to make the nation a better place but have the threat of a civil war, he handed the country to the military to avoid bloodshed. And people still feared him. The only thing that I could be proud of my country are two: the people finally reacted at some time after this military dictatorship (from 1960 to 1980, roughly), and put up a good resistance. The other one it is that despite everything, we're propably the most welcoming people of earth. There is low racism here compared to USA for instance, and despite crappy live conditions comparing to USA or most of Europa, tourists still settle here because we're so "happy" and we're always willing to party and drink and etc.

Phew. Now that was big.

Anyway, I may have an idea of whom I could call myself, but he's busy too. Well, as busy as you are, and you're still willing to give a hand, so I guess it is fair.

Level 9
Cool, to be honest, I knew nothing about Brazil history before reading your post.

So about map. Well as I played LoE and loved it I think it would be very very good if he will really finish this map.
Also it was funny when noobs sent spearmen against cossacs in LoE, cuz they are mounted :D But they still have heavy armor making archers and spearmen useless against them)

Level 12
Cool, to be honest, I knew nothing about Brazil history before reading your post.

So about map. Well as I played LoE and loved it I think it would be very very good if he will really finish this map.
Also it was funny when noobs sent spearmen against cossacs in LoE, cuz they are mounted :D But they still have heavy armor making archers and spearmen useless against them)

I didn't know much about yours too, except for the most important envolvements with Europe's history, such as the Russian Revolution in 1917 (right?) and the victories in pretty much all of the late wars (since Napoleon to the Great Wars)

Don't worry, it's okay to not know the history of another nation. 'Tis something called power. Since USA has power, everyone knows their history. Simple as that.

Yes. First I was a Kiev Russ fan because of their fast expanding power. Then Moskva because of the Heavy Armored Cavalry. Then finally HRE because they counter not only Moskva, but also every armor in the game... Except Fortified and Cavalry.

Level 9
HRE?
Yeah, revolution was in 1917)
That's false about USA, I know european history much better than history USA, africa and aisia.
In fact I think gunmans (smth like that) counter everything)))) Expetially when there is a wall in front of them)
And in late game every good player becomes unsidgable. Expetially sea countries, like England. It pawns in mid game by the way.

Level 12
Ah yes, excuse me. The european history is more known to us than USA's. That's kind of our legacy of our eurocentrism. But you understood what I meant, didn't you?

Yes, the powder units do 100% damage against everything (like chaos dmg.) But the Blunt attack do more than 100% damage to every armor but cavalry and fortified, which do reduced. So it is in some ways a more effective counter. And Demolition damage from the siege engines does 200% damage to buildings and 100% to the rest.

Ah, it is fun to break through the "unsiegable" empires. I usually manage to at some point. And they never manage to break me. Also, I played a LoE game (not Goff's version, infortunaly: it was being hosted by a bot) man, without the influence system, things are pretty chaotic and stuff. People usually hate influence system, but it is better to have it than to not.

Level 9
Yeah, I understand that, but the basis of strategy is resourse gaining system I think. And it is different here and in your map.
Also this is more strategical map with more macro, based on long time periods with great battles and huge armies, not just half an hour of battle. Your is more tactical, with more micro, based on quick small fights with tiny forces.

Level 11
Yeah, I understand that, but the basis of strategy is resourse gaining system I think. And it is different here and in your map.
Also this is more strategical map with more macro, based on long time periods with great battles and huge armies, not just half an hour of battle. Your is more tactical, with more micro, based on quick small fights with tiny forces.

I wouldn't sat my forces are tiny. But yes my map's gameplay is more akin to starcraft than age of empires. There is a simplified economy meaning less macro decisions overall. The game modes and different AI also I think helps it a lot in terms of keeping it fresh and replayable.

I don't know why Goff is so afk for so long. I wanted to see what his map would turn out like.

Level 9
Well, your map is fun too, but to be honest I prefer Loe, cuz I don't like micro. And square islands look somehow, you know, ugly :\
Well, ok, not tiny forces, but anyway 4 players with 200 (or 300?) food cap can make much fewer battle than 11 players with 300 cap)

Level 11
Well, your map is fun too, but to be honest I prefer Loe, cuz I don't like micro. And square islands look somehow, you know, ugly :\
Well, ok, not tiny forces, but anyway 4 players with 200 (or 300?) food cap can make much fewer battle than 11 players with 300 cap)

Yeah my next version will include a bigger map with 6 player support. I can't go over 6 since each player needs a computer player so the squad system works right.

Status
Not open for further replies.