• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EotA: Twilight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, I guess I am doing some unofficial advertising for DarnYak. Especially considering I'm not even in the clan:p. Anyway...

This is by far one of the most complex AoSs made. 5 paths, 10 heroes for each team, with unique and interesting spells. You don't get a skill every level, either, making your hero building strategy of utter importance. Also, there are 2 ways to win. One is the standard AoS way of killing your enemies' base. The other involves using obelisks to get control, so you can acquire an artifact at the top of the mountain.
WARNING: If you are a DotA player, this game will take conditioning. The game is not only centered around the heroes, you also need to build spawn towers and upgrade the spawns to gain the edge on your opponent. Also, losing bases means losing gold. Which means, protecting your bases is also of critical value. Also, the hero AI is decent, allowing computer heroes to be used if there are uneven teams. The only problem is the computer heroes do not take risks, and their skill level is about on the level of a public game player who is just slightly better than a newb.

Download link[/url]

Level 3
Anyone played this, enjoyed it, didn't enjoy it, anything like that? DarnYak would be glad to have feedback, unless it has anything to do with how it is compared to DotA Allstars or any other AoS, unless it is a relevant thing that is important, not "dis map is imba!!!!!!111111oneoneone"

Level 16
I played it once, the load took forever, but I saw perfect justification for it. The triggers for very fine tuned and such, but the only problem in the game was the lack of making each level count. Upgrading your skills were inanely difficult, and the ton of item limiting was very hard to catch on to. But it's a great game.

P.S. Stroke: I hope you still remember who I am

Level 22
I've played it before. I wasnt particularly impressed. There are better AoS maos out there, but this one's low file size will help you get full-house games much easier. You were right that the combat didnt center squarly on the heroes, bur I have to admit that some of the heroes really are useless. But I guess anything is a healthy alternative to Dota All Stars...
-VGsatomi

Level 3
One thing is, some heroes are better for different purposes, and it takes time to figure them out. I still haven't played most of the heroes, so I wouldn't know, but some are harder to figure out than others. The Creeps have more siege heroes, and the Elves have more PKers.
Some heroes also work really well when with other heroes, and some are also good solo. You really just have to figure it out.
If people didn't use heroes, they wouldn't be in the game still. DarnYak gets a general consensus from the Clan that most heroes have a use. Also, the way you build your hero really influences how well it works against others and spawns.
And actually, this map rarely fills up with a full house, because most DotA n00bs hate it because it is complex, and the majority of people who play it more than once are in Clan EotA. Most games I play are either pub stomps, comp stomps, or inhouses. I have rarely played a public game where the teams were relatively fair. Usually, they refuse extra computers, and leave after one death, making it less unfair every time they leave.
But anyway, it takes a while to figure out the hero's purpose, but once you do, they all usually are equally useful for different things.

Level 1
I downloaded this map 4 months ago still can't get enuff. When I first saw harpy's ultimate I just thought you have to be a God to create such an effects. In fact,this map is the only thing that keeps my WarIII cd out of garbage can. I mean, camera distance, creep size compared to the building, the gameplay, the voices of the elve heros,leveling system, it's just a Godlike work! One thing though, my favorite hero Soul Binder still have this problem with his ultimate, that's sad.
It would be nice to see a flying hero on the Elf side in the next version. The map takes awile to load, but in the end it's much more better and complex{in the good way} than DotA.

Level 3
Cutiebunny said:
I downloaded this map 4 months ago still can't get enuff. When I first saw harpy's ultimate I just thought you have to be a God to create such an effects. In fact,this map is the only thing that keeps my WarIII cd out of garbage can. I mean, camera distance, creep size compared to the building, the gameplay, the voices of the elve heros,leveling system, it's just a Godlike work! One thing though, my favorite hero Soul Binder still have this problem with his ultimate, that's sad.
It would be nice to see a flying hero on the Elf side in the next version. The map takes awile to load, but in the end it's much more better and complex{in the good way} than DotA.

I don't think a flying hero is coming. If you want to play more serious games, come to Clan EotA on USEast gateway.
And I would have to agree. This is one of 2 or 3 things that is keeping me from trashing Warcraft III for actually focusing more on school.

Level 3
Version 1.09a

The following was copied and pasted directly from the forums at www.drgpn.com/forum

Note that this version isn't quite the complete version of 1.09 that I had planned, but I'm releasing it early due to the 1.18 patch (plus several outstanding imbalances/bugs). Expect a 1.09b shortly after.

1.09a Changes

General
Teams can now switch places (blue becoming elf and red becoming creep). To do this, before the game begins players can now select their races, simply change the player race to whichever side you wish to be (Human=Elf, Night Elf=Creep, others=random). If there is a dissagreement it goes by majority vote, if there's a tie then it is randomed.
Ancient of Wonders moved to the center lane
Neutral - Goblin Shredders damage increased to 56+1d12 from 51+1d12
Neutral - Goblin Tanks damage increased to 10+1d3 from 8+1d2, and their splash range has increased slightly
Neutral - Clockwerk Goblin hit points increased to 590 from 560, and damage increased to 14+1d4 from 14+1d2
Warskull finally gets his reward for winning the Tournament several months ago
Cannon Towers removed from the front bases on north and south lanes, and added to the bases on inn and rock previously lacking one
Gold is now harvested by miners, and the gold mined is now split among players on a team. The total gold per second is slightly less then before due to the spawn tower change.
The Obelisk system has been changed. Energy is now given by a set amount per obelisk owned, and Obelisks produce Tower Cores, which are used to build spawn towers (which are now free). Generator energy costs have been reduced to reflect these changes.
A new spawn tower for both teams

Heroes
Burning Priest - Flame of the Devout: Healing rate significantly reduced, mana cost increased hit poitns reduced. Also no longer heals wards (including itself)
Mystic Swashbuckler - Movement speed increased
Mystic Swashbuckler - Keen Blade: Chance percentage reduced slightly
Arcane Mistress - Mind Fog: Cooldown now a constant 30 seconds, duration reduced, area reduced, mana cost increased
Time Cleric - Ebb: Mana cost increased
Time Cleric - Degeneration: Mana cost increased
Acid Reaver - Acid Sheath now also does a constant damage to surrounding area units, similar to lightning shield
Arcane Archer - Meteor Swarm mana cost increased, stun area per meteor decreased (although damage area remains the same)
Arcane Mistress - Infernal Binding base damage reduced
Arcane Mistress - Intelligence gain per level lowered
Arboreal Crusader - Sentinel mana cost reduced to 30, from 45
Arboreal Crusader - Tangleweed activation delay reduced, duration on units reduced to 8 seconds from 12 seconds, damage per second increased. Total damage to units will be slightly higher then before, total damage to heroes increased.
Arboreal Crusader - Gale mana cost reduced, int bonus increased
Mystic Swashbuckler - Pilfer will now give a random consumable item if he has room to hold it. The items get better as Pilfer's level increases.
Time Cleric - Degeneration range increased
Acid Reaver - Caustic Breath mana cost reduced
Acid Reaver - Storm of Malice armor reduction now maxes out after 15 seconds instead of 45, but lasts longer the longer Acid Rain hits a unit (ie, if it goes the full 45 seconds, after the spell ends a unit will have 30 secs with the maximum penalty, and then it'll decrease over the next 15 seconds)
Grim Hag - Blade Rain duration reduced to 6 seconds from 9, and its damage per second has been scaled accordingly.
Arcane Archer - Familiar's Entangle cooldown increased to 30 seconds from 24

Items:
Cluster Rockets and Trapping Nets now share the same cooldown
Anti-Magic Potion cost reduced to 120 gold from 160 gold

Fixed bugs:
Burning Priest - Backlash's damage component always remains level 1
Divine Wizard - Empower would not properly give the spell damage bonus to anyone but himself
Mystic Swashbuckler - Flurry was not working properly
Icespinner - Ice Lance was improperly dispelling Rapid Healing
Burning Priest - Flame of the Devout no longer heals wards
All creeps should now properly receive upgrades when there are too many on the map
Divine Wizard - Vengeance would not restore health as intended
Treant - Grasping tree broke due to 1.18
Arcane Mistress - Mind Fog had an unintentional large area
Various tooltip errors
Infiltrator - Explosives would occationaly heal instead of deal damage (may not be fixed, cause unknown)
Master of the Hunt - Dream Run had no cooldown due to 1.18
Soulbinder - Decoy had no cooldown due to 1.18

Download here

Status
Not open for further replies.