• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editing Campaign Missions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
After a very long hiatus I decided to do a little modding to fix some of the issues I had with the Reforged campaigns. I booted up a map (using Open Document, and then the Blizzard Campaign tab and selected the Reforged campaign), but when I made edits to it, I was only able to save the map somewhere else.

Is there a way to overwrite the existing campaign map with my changes?

Edit:

This is what I managed so far :)

https://i.imgur.com/NQejJWI.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is there a way to overwrite the existing campaign map with my changes?
There is no way to change the internal campaign data. That is protected by the CASC file system which should not be modified for correct operation.
You have to make a custom campaign based on the official maps.
If this is done, it must perform a licence check that the user owns Reforged (Reforged only). Otherwise people without Reforged could get access to the Reforged campaign which is technically theft and something Blizzard does not tolerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.