• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Durotar Campaing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey :) I was thinking if you are planning to make Durotar campaing? This one with Rexxar so i can play with someone together? That would be great :)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The problem with the Durotar campaign is the cross-map, which cannot be done for multiplayer. The alternative is creating a larger than 256x256 map, which should also be laggier for people with weak computers, scaling everything down, or both.

Level 1
I understand, but still i hope you will make it, even if it will require better computer. Also you dont have to make all maps in 1 map..do you? After you complete all quest on first map you go to another with different heroes etc. I think its possible. Anyway good luck and hope to see Durotar campaing someday :)

Level 18
The problem is that although seemingly there are only three chapters, there are a lot of mini maps. It would be a pain to use the load code to carry information between them and the main map, that's why they would have to be integrated into the main map.

Level 1
yeah i understand, but you can make durotar + most of quest maps in 1 big map...echo islands as separate map cuz going there takes some time and before you go you need to complete some quests before it...i dont remember other maps i am just completing this campaing :D but I hope you can do something about this :) or maybe even make own campaing similar to durotar...

First map:

Durotar+ Storm map(with those storm monsters, i dont have english version so idk how to call them) + Kobold?+ another kobold i think and thats all if i remember correctly...after that there is echo island where you go after completing few quest and it takes some time so i dont think it would be much pain with load codes if you spend like 1-2 hours completing first quests...

Second map:

echo island there are many quests too, and after that well i dont know what is after that :D i cant remember, but there is another map where you use rexxar to fight 1v1 with ogre lord or someone...its another separate map and before you go there it takes some time doing quests in echo island or something :) Only problem would be Durotar map cuz you are going to back there from echo island and other places which probably hide your map again and again...

Third map:

If i remember correctly its a map with taurens or ogres where you fight 1v1 on arena with ogre lord or someone...

well i dont remember anymore :D but you can make echo island + ogre/tauren island in 1 bigger map if its needed and you can simply change some quests...so after completing echo islands quests instead of going back to thrall and reporting you just go to tauren map, this saves you loading whole durotar map just to talk with thrall...

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Yea I've been interested in doing this one myself. But I'm not sure I will.

Obviously you'd need to sort out who gets what hero.
(Because for the most part of it you control 3 heroes)

and if possible there'd be 3 maps with as many of the "minimaps" included as possible.

Level 3
I thought up how the hero thing would work:
Player 1:
Starts with Rexxar
Gains Rokhan
Gains Chen
Gains Cairne
Player 2:
Gets Misha as a hero
Gains a quilbeast or quillboar-themed hero, or a more offensive version of Rokhan.
Gains furbolg hero or secondary pandaren hero (but not that awful looking furbolg retexture)
Gains Cairn's son (he would need his own moveset. Plus, you would have mutual control in the segment where you control him but not cairne)

Status
Not open for further replies.