• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Dragon TD

Map Quality

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
.:Dragon TD Beta:.
By Destination9747

232907.jpg

Gameplay
Pick a dragon worker from the dragon nest. Each dragon worker has it's special towers. Build towers and defend against 10 waves of enemy units.
Dragon Workers
Red Dragon: Can build towers with splash attack type.
Blue Dragon: Can build towers with frost attack type.
Black Dragon: Can build towers with chaos attack type and great attack speed.
Night Dragon: Can build towers which are more powerful at night but weak in day.
Yellow Dragon: Can build towers with abilities.
Green Dragon: Can build towers with poison ability.
Features
12 Towers
10 Waves
6 Workers
8 Player Map
Download Link

Level 6
Map Review

I have tested your map and here's my review:

The map is still pretty basic, because it's still in beta. Any given information is of the map's current state.

I have found two bugs/problems:
1 Units are spawned in each lane, even if there is no active player in that lane.
2 Units disappear at the end of the lane, then reappear at the start, which means losing the game is impossible.

What the map lacks is variety and originality. You only get to choose 1 of 5 races, of which each race can build two towers, which are both quite basic. The creeps are also quite basic with no special abilities and such.

The terrain is basic, but a TD generally has low standards for terraining so i guess it's OK.

Good thing about the map is that there still is a lot to do. The map can still improve.

Overall, I don't like the map in its current state.
As the map is still in beta, my map rating is 7/10

My suggestions on what to do next:

Improve the terrain by adding doodads, trees, heightened terrain and such.
For towers, there's two things that you can do:

1 Make the map very team-play based by giving all players only 1 race to choose from. This encourages teamplay as the players need to build their towers near each other to gain good tower synergy.

2 Make the map a FFA map, and let the players pick another dragon type after every few rounds or so.

For creeps, add more creep waves (about 30), add multiple difficulty levels, and give the creeps abilities (reduce damage taken from front/behind, immune to slows, moves faster if injured etc. ). Also, adding different armor and attack types is a good idea, as well as adding boss levels.

Add a little storyline to the map (which I can help you with).

Give each race a building called the 'Shrine of Dragons'. There, you can train a great dragon of that color (Check WoW sites for the leaders of each dragonflight, making a special hero yourself for the Night Dragons).

If you need help with any of these, you can PM me. With triggering problems/bugs, ask other people on the site.

Good luck with your map.

:ogre_datass:

Thank you very much,

Bug number 2 is not really bug, because it is a beta version i made it like a competition TD which players are trying to kill more units and get more score. In fact, units are changing their position each time they reach their final destination; (move instantly to center of map and change their lane)

And for number 1 I'm trying to fix that thing in newer version.

I'm adding more towers to each race. and trying to add more variety by modes!
for example, a mode that lets players pick more than 1 workers.

Thank you for your assist, I'll keep your advices in my mind.

Level 6
Okay, another tip: It is important to make your map original. For example: if you want a competition to kill more units, make each unit's corpse an offering to a dragon of choice for special gifts. This could also make a part of the storyline.

Level 6
Here's an example of a storyline:

After the creation of Azeroth and the five Dragonflights, there was also a small planet created called the X (insert cool name here). The five Dragonflights were asked to destroy X, as it was an impurity to the Azeroth, the creation of the Titans. Upon entering X, a sixth Dragonflight was created by the Titans, the Night Dragons. They were also sent to X to aid the other Dragonflights in their mission. X was unstable at the arrival of the Dragons, and many creatures (the creeps you fight) were risen from the earth. The Dragonflights used their powers of creation to destroy the creatures and claim their essences to empower them (the dragon eggs). When the final creature (end boss), was risen, the Dragonflights combined their powers to slay it. The portal, which empowered the creatures to rise from the earth, still remained. The Sixth Dragonflight, the Night Dragons, sacrificed themselves to seal the portal shut, put the other Dragonflights to safety, and clear X entirely from the world. The five remaining Dragonflights still have the powers they claimed from the creatures from X and now use it on Azeroth.

EDIT: To fit the lore, the creeps spawned (instead of footmen, ghouls etc. in the current map), should be changed to the creatures from X. I can also help designing the stats and abilities of those units, and test future versions of the map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.