• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Download Archive Warcraft III 1.30 (widescreen) (Multi-Language)

Level 2
Hello Everyone !

I won't subject you to the affront of explaining all the manipulations and reverse engineering it took to achieve this result, but I've (no joke) just "saved" the legacy of Warcraft 3 (ROC & TFT) in its almost final version (v1.30) before the major update to the rather disappointing remake, Reforged (v1.32), especially preserving the original texts and voiceovers for all languages that had localization in the game.

Beyond the rebalancing, the main reason I wanted to keep this version is that since February 2018 (v1.29), the game received an update supporting widescreen 16:9 display. Trying it out, it looks much better on the screen, and you get a broader view. Also the framerate has been unlocked so the game looks much smoother now.

This result I have here wouldn't have been possible without you all (whether if it s on HiveWorkshop or Reddit) which individually left me some files and clues here and there across the Internet so it felt natural for me to add one's two cents by uploading the result I have.

Here is the link to download it (1.8GB):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rO-DEV_BE6BdNY4PiPWa9JodcbZDg_x2/view?usp=sharing

Below is the readme file I wrote joined to the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | README | _______________________________________________________________________________________ |Reverse Engineering, Data collection and repacking by Mashiro | | | |Discord: https://discord.com/invite/nqcnrWwF35 | |Youtube (main): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshPTJuIwm_Ld8GhIg_rbjg | |Youtube (secondary): https://www.youtube.com/@MashMash/videos | |Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nrg_mash/ | |TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@_mashiro | | | |I hate medias getting lost and this took me few full days of work to complete. | |Thanks to evey user online on HiveWorkshop and Reddit which conserved and shared files | |and misc cool informations whithout which this repack wouldn't have been possible. ♥ ♥ | | | |Enjoy your game, I hope this will help preserving this masterpiece of a game's legacy | |which like so many others suffered from a lack of love and respect from their creators.| | | | https://open.spotify.com/track/6g1hzwYqp5kmWkzMcowmUP?si=ce344df3e46543b9 | | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Description: This repack contains a pre-Reforeged build of Warcraft III v1.30.4.11274 ROC & TFT. The local network games and campaigns for the original ROC game and its extension. Counting the v1.29 patch, the game had a widescreen support so you can play on your native resolution now and aspect ratio (no more 4:3 stretched). The framerate is also no longer capped at 60fps as it used to be in pre v1.29 versions. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- How to run Warcraft III: Click "Warcraft III.exe". The other executable ("DO NOT CLICK THIS - Warcraft III Launcher.exe") is a MadeInBlizzard trap that launches BattleNet and which can lead you to update the game by mistake if you're logged in. I kept it here for normalization purposes to have a folder as close as how it used to be but you can do whatever you want with this executable, it's not a mandatory one. When launching "Warcraft III.exe" for the first time, you might get a black window. You might have to wait for the UI to appear (it can take about a 60s). You will have two options. Choose the one that makes you use the old Installer and which asks for your serial keys. You can find them in "./_SERIAL_KEYS.txt". ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- How to change the Language: List of Languages I have found and their respective codes: Language | Code -------------|----- English (US) | enUS English (EU) | enGB Deutsch | deDE Español (EU) | esES Français | frFR Italiano | itIT Русский | ruRU Polski | plPL 한국어 | koKR 繁體中文 | zhTW 简体中文 | zhCN In the registery, set the language code of your choice in the following variable: "COMPUTER\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3\Locale" In case you don't know how to open the registery it's "WIN+R" then you type "regedit". You then should be able to play Warcraft 3. In case your language is still not functioning you can try to write the same code also inside "./Launcher.db" (hidden file in the War3 folder) Make sure to save and close the file before restarting the game. The maps found in the v1.30 build ara avaiable in English (ingame title and desc) but I wanted them in french aswell. To do so I dumped the french ones from a v1.27b build of the game that had them. Both english and french ones are avaiable alongside as follows: ./Warcraft IIIs ./Maps ./ENGLISH v1.30 (default) ./FRANCAIS v1.27b Note that the map are the same but just it happened in previous patch notes to see a rebalancing of the enemies damage, AI, and itemps dropped on the map hence why I'm specifying the versions. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Replays, Screenshots & Customkeys: You can find your replays in: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Warcraft III\Replay". You can take screenshots with the PrintScreen key and have them as .png fieles in: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Warcraft III\Screenshots" (yay it's finally no longer a .tga file) For more details about the CustomKeys, please refer to the "./CustomKeyInfo.txt" file in the Warcraft III folder. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Documentation: There is one doc to change the language of the game which is from a Hiveworkshop forum and which I kept here as a link as within the Warcraft III folder in case the link gets downed. Path to the file: "./_localization_post.pdf" Link to the post: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/how-to-change-game-and-world-editor-language.316323/ Link within the post: https://ss64.com/locale.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: Keep the Warcraft III folder in read only to avoid any conflict where Battlenet chooses to UPDATE the game. As an owner of Reforged, I have seen Battlenet modifying the content of my folders.

1705080662515.png

Level 2
Hi,

I tried the repack and for some reason after entering the cd key I have a black screen. There is no sound, I suppose it's not an intro issue, there is no CPU activity. I left if to run 30 min, doesn't seems to work.

I have a 1.29 backup that is working fine, it seems that I'm missing something with this repack.

Do you have any idea what could be the issue?

Thank you!

Level 29
I tried the repack and for some reason after entering the cd key I have a black screen. There is no sound, I suppose it's not an intro issue, there is no CPU activity. I left if to run 30 min, doesn't seems to work.
Why do I have a black screen at startup? (relevant for versions 1.30.0.9900-1.32)
The client’s language and the language in the registry do not match, you need to change the language in the registry to the one in the client.
(w3 - Retail, w3t - Test PTR, w3b - Beta)
(enUS ruRU deDE esES frFR itIT koKR plPL zhCN zhTW - ROC TFT)
(enUS ruRU deDE esES frFR itIT koKR plPL zhCN zhTW enGB esMX jaJP ptBR thTH - Reforged)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3] "Locale"="enUS"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3t] "Locale"="enUS"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3b] "Locale"="enUS"
There's a detailed instruction above on how to change the game language in order for the black screen loop to not appear:
In the registery, set the language code of your choice in the following variable: "COMPUTER\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3\Locale" In case you don't know how to open the registery it's "WIN+R" then you type "regedit". You then should be able to play Warcraft 3. In case your language is still not functioning you can try to write the same code also inside "./Launcher.db" (hidden file in the War3 folder) Make sure to save and close the file before restarting the game.

Level 2
Thank you very much, indeed the locale registry was missing. I thought that locales should be set if you need to change the language and not that is mandatory even for enUS. My understanding was that by default it would have worked but in English, my bad.

Thank you once again for your support.