• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Don`t know how to add skins-Please Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone,I have a problem...i don`t know how to add skins in w.e , I follow a tutorial like.....(F12,import the file in blp format,edit the file in Textures/???.blp) But after that i don`t know what to do....i thought i have to go to object editor and modified (Art- Model file) but is nothing there,what should i do??Please help!!!!!

Level 9
Here's How to do it

We are going to need a skin for this short tutorial I am going to use this one by 67chrome.
184257-albums7546-picture99222.png

Download it and save it to your desired folder.

Inside the skin folder look for the readme file and open it, the custom path should be where i highlighted the text.
184257-albums7546-picture99223.png

Copy the highlighted text

Now open up W.E and your map,
open import manager and import your skin blp file

184257-albums7546-picture99225.png

It should look like this after you imported the blp file

Ok we're almost done here, now double click the skin file in the import manager.
Then,paste the text we highlighted before in the readme file

(remember to tick use custom path!!)
184257-albums7546-picture99226.png

Click ok and your done ! you have imported your custom skin

REMINDER: 1.Make sure you save your map
2.If the skin doesn't appear in W.E you should restart W.E for it to take effect

Level 17
The Textures don't appear in Art - Model file. the Model with changed texture will Only appear.
How to Import it? Bloodbath already said that. Also for that to happen, you must Restart WE. Also, if you have opened a Map and Then open another one, The texture of the First map will appear. If the texture of the First map is Normal, then the second one will Appear. else third, fourth, fifth, sixth and so on...
Reason? I Dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.