• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Do we need more resource moderators?

Do we need more resource moderators?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yes, we need at least one more model moderator to make up for me not doing it.

Well, there should be a couple more rescource mods, but I think they should be older members, with at least 600 posts and no less than 50 rep, but idk what the cratria are (yes I realise that would cut me out of the running, but I really don't care). They should also have to have an approved item in the section they are moderating (i.e. they have to have a model/skin/icon/map/etc that was approved)

If anything, they should be the best of the best at what they do.

So General Frank for example is very good at modeling (even though it's just geomerging), which is why he's a resource moderator.

You also need to have a lot of good work to showcase, which is why I, with over 3,000 posts and over 375 rep isn't a resource mod yet. Because I hardly ever submit anything is why.

Level 35
So General Frank for example is very good at modeling (even though it's just geomerging), which is why he's a resource moderator.

If I may Pyritie...GeneralFrank and I do not just "geomerge" we mdl edit. And even so General Frank has more than adequately represented, and pushed geomerge and mdl edit, from a cheap and simple way of modeling...To an art form the likes of which have never been seen before.

But I think that more mods is a good idea. The more, the faster...within reason.

If I may Pyritie...GeneralFrank and I do not just "geomerge" we mdl edit. And even so General Frank has more than adequately represented, and pushed geomerge and mdl edit, from a cheap and simple way of modeling...To an art form the likes of which have never been seen before.

But I think that more mods is a good idea. The more, the faster...within reason.

No I'm just saying he doesn't scratch model or scratch animate. That's all :)

How good a job you are doing as a resource mods does not matter on your amount of rep or post count. Often when it is people that has been here for too long they are lazy, it is better when people are new and fresh and ready to work. Ofcourse with this I don't mean that every and any noob should be pulled in from the street but that talent should be spotted early and then drafted.

Level 15
If we have the qualified people, I say we should go for more Spell Mods if anything. The rest are fairly covered, the General and I plan on sweeping the model section clean soon. (Or at least I do and I've heard him say something about it.)
--donut3.5--

yes but what about tools who ever dose that is not doing a varry good job

Level 35
good question

i'm good with tools
so thats eays

but the outher sections are harder?

I wonder......................

DesKaladA: Again.. you dont ask to become a mod.. that could be the reson why they doesnt chose you.. anyway I think you should learn to spell a bit better if your hoping to become a mod.

btw: I would say one important judging point should be how much the person is active... because if he is very very good, but mostly never active then it would be a waste to promote him.

Level 15
DesKaladA: Again.. you dont ask to become a mod.. that could be the reson why they doesnt chose you.. anyway I think you should learn to spell a bit better if your hoping to become a mod.

btw: I would say one important judging point should be how much the person is active... because if he is very very good, but mostly never active then it would be a waste to promote him.

I know that. and my spelling isn't a caring issue its a medical condition (dyslexyca)

Level 12
Split Spell Sections

I think that if the forum leaders decided to split the spell mods into 3 parts, we would have much more reviewed

Obviously, there are ALOT of spells that come in almost one daily

I think we should make 2 spell mod positions, one for just GUI and another for just JASS, although I think the JASS part might not even be needed

That way, alot more people who could be qualified for just GUI can take care of the GUI triggs

The are alot more people who know GUI (and submit GUI spells) than JASS
And, most of the crap spells are done in GUI, so you could have somebody who has all the time in the world just clean up the little things

Level 20
Hive actually has alot of spell moderators that just aren't so active.

Jassers are generally qualified to evaluate GUI... so there's really no point in two positions. People who just know GUI aren't skilled enough to become spell moderators in the first place...

Level 12
...thats insulting

I use GUI because I can work 10000x faster in it (BJ's are just a bunch of natives squished together)

I'm sure there are plenty of people who could be a good mod, even if they don't use JASS, for GUI anyways

I could see shooting down a JASS section (what you said, JASS is a step-up from GUI, and you would need to know GUI if you know JASS)

But still, GUI mods would be useful (especially for all that crap people post up that really couldn't be useful)

Level 27
Everyone knows GUI. If you can point and click, you know GUI.
If you get people who know JASS, they can moderate both sections, and you wouldn't even need a GUI moderator.
IMO a pure GUI position is completely useless, as is a pure JASS moderator.
Get people who know both well, and then call them a Spell Moderator.
--donut3.5--

Level 12
Meh

Oh well

Theres a whole mess of un-looked at spells in the spell section

So I think there should be some kind of change, whether it be more forum moderators, or another method of getting those things looked at (maybe like a review quota for the times??? just throwin it out there)

Level 17
we need MUCH more map moderators imo. the other sections are less needing, particularly the skins and models section. because maps take much longer to moderate, AND we get much more of them. skins you take a quick look at it, judge it artistically or w/e, and then you try it in game, same with models. spells i guess are like maps, they technically are, and also need more mods.

but mainly maps, if you check the maps section the most recent approved maps (not including forsaken glads, because if you read the comments he already played it or somethin) is like a month old. thats way too long imo should be like at most 1 or 2 weeks. :p. map mods are easier to qualify anyway, because its alot easier than models and skins. spell mods should be map mods too because both involve triggers and sometimes jass.

IMO, the approval system should be that the map needs X amounts of votess from peeps with atleast X rep. just an idea, that way moderators can rest a little, and alot of users who are dying to rate maps and moderate them get the chance :p. (no i dont mean me)

Status
Not open for further replies.