• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Displaying Image In game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I can't seem to display my image on the screen. I've used many different triggers and jass coding so I guess its something about my image file that is wrong. Is there anyone who can help?

I've attached the tga file if it'll be helpful for any solutions.

and here's the simplest coding I've used.

• Show Image
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 0.00 seconds using Normal blending on texture war3mapImported\Cinematic Brand2.blp, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 100.00% transparency and ending with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Attachments

• Cinematic Brand2.tga
    1 MB · Views: 39
Level 7
I can't seem to display my image on the screen. I've used many different triggers and jass coding so I guess its something about my image file that is wrong. Is there anyone who can help?

I've attached the tga file if it'll be helpful for any solutions.

and here's the simplest coding I've used.

• Show Image
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 0.00 seconds using Normal blending on texture war3mapImported\Cinematic Brand2.blp, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 100.00% transparency and ending with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
I'm not a 100% certain, but are you sure you're not supposed to do the opposite? Go from 0 to 100 transparency?

Level 7
And yeah i am idiot not to notice it. Sharp eyes you got there and it solved my problem I was so frustrated, thank you ^^
Sure, no problem.

I wasn't remembering if that value was opacity percentage or alpha value (they're the opposite).

Last edited:
Level 15
Sharp eyes you got there and it solved my problem I was so frustrated, thank you ^^
I thought the problem was solved.

Some guesses:
The file you uploaded is .tga and in the trigger you use .blp. The file types of the file you use must be the same file type you use in your trigger.
Have you tried displaying the image with a normal filter (fade out over 1 seconds).
What exactly happens in the game (black screen, no filter at all)?

The simple code you used does:
start with the invisible image (100% transparency) and goes to a black visible image (0% colors, 0% transparency).

Status
Not open for further replies.