• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Display Text and Ping fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have a map where it used to work properly, but I don't know why, as far as
the versions went, it stopped working. At first I thought the trigger was wrong
but then the whole trigger works fine and does everything it has to do except
for showing display text and pings.

Is it because I have too much triggers or something? I'm not giving an exemple
because I'm sure all of you knows what is a display text and a ping.

Thanks for the answers!

Level 18
You haven't posted anything. How are we supposed to know?

I'm not giving an exemple
because I'm sure all of you knows what is a display text and a ping.

Well then I'm not giving an answer, because I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Level 6
  • NorthShrineOJ
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters North <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Entering unit)) is Summoned) Not equal to True
      • ((Entering unit) is an illusion) Not equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Orange Flag)) Equal to True
      • (North Shrine 0100 <gen> belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of North Shrine 0100 <gen> to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Retain color
      • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Orange Flag) from (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempLocation = (Center of OjFlag <gen>)
      • Item - Move (Last dropped item) to TempLocation
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempLocation )
      • Unit - Remove Flag Carrier buff from (Triggering unit)
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Position of North Shrine 0100 <gen>) for 1.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffFFA500Orange Te...
      • Trigger - Turn on MoraleBoosts <gen>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (PlayerCount + 3) to |cffFFA500Morale Bo...
      • Set MinutesMorale = 2
      • Set SecondsMorale = 0
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • SecondsMorale Less than 10
        • Then - Actions
          • Set SecondStringMorale = (0 + (String(SecondsMorale)))
        • Else - Actions
          • Set SecondStringMorale = (String(SecondsMorale))
      • Set MinuteStringMorale = (String(MinutesMorale))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (PlayerCount + 3) to (MinuteStringMorale + (: + SecondStringMorale))
There, why wouldn't this work?
You're not more advanced with the trigger are you?
It WORKS fine just as I want it EXCEPT for the ping and display text.
It CEASED to fonction as the versions went on. That's what I want to know
did someone had the same problem, if yes, how did he fixed it?

Level 18
  • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Position of North Shrine 0100 <gen>) for 1.00 seconds
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffFFA500Orange Te...
So everything after these two lines functions properly? Is that what you're saying?

Level 18
So then it would seem you've got a problem with your player-group, (All players).

Try using "Player Group - Player 1" instead. It should be in the same menu that you choose (All players) from, but in the Preset section.

Level 6
When the map init, the display all players work.
when P1 selects the map, it displayed it. After adding 1 trigger
to fix some problems, it stopped displaying it. Does having too much triggers
break other triggers sometimes?

I'll try your trick and see. I'll edit with result.

Edit: didn't work. I don't know what's the confusion coming from... it worked
before and now it doesn't and the trigger never changed.

Level 14
Does having too much triggers
break other triggers sometimes?

no, however.. Other triggers can interferr with triggers that you have already created. Which can eventually lead to problems. It has got nothing to do with too much triggers in a map. I have had a map with over 3000 triggers and they all worked ;P

After adding 1 trigger
to fix some problems, it stopped displaying it.
Would you be kind to post the new trigger you created? So we can have an idea of what could have happened? Maybe this trigger interferrs with displaying the ping and the text in-game.

What also can happen is that a map gets corrupted after a long time of not opening it. But that isn't the case in your map since you can still open and edit it.

Level 18
If the code afterward executes, then the thread is still being processed properly. This cuts down the margin of error to the parameters that are given to your function, and other actions that may affect those parameters.

Try changing the Game message to see if it is displayed at all. I have never experienced Game messages not working altogether, usually there is a small (but significant) problem that must have been overlooked.

Level 13
Maybe he ued a All Players as a temp_PlayerGroup and did a remove temp_PlayerGroup after "trying to clean leaks" aka
JASS:
call DestroyForce( udg_temp_PlayerGroup)
but it perma removed the All Players Group..

Back a long time ago i was stupid and did this.. went overboard on trying to remove group leaks and did it to All Players group, nothing else after that in the whole game every responded to a All Players group function again untill i found where i did that and fixed it. Maybe he did the same? lol

Level 18
That's what I was thinking might have happened. Those two actions are the only actions in his entire trigger that use the (All players) force, which seems a little odd. The other action parameters are basic input values, not much room for error there.

Level 6
I'll check for that then, thanks. I don,t have much time right now but I'll let you
guys know.

Edit: it worked, actually, I didn't read that in the "things that leak post... *Self Bash*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.