• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Discussion: Talents & Food resource

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.
I'd like to share some new concepts we'd like to implement in Gaias Retaliation on the upcoming update 1.2:

Note that all this stuff is highly conceptional, so there isn't anything done in that direction yet and there's nothing set in stone so far. There's two things I thought about and like to hear your suggestions and oppinions.
Also note that I might discard one or more of those ideas depending on how they happen to turn out in the end and wether the result matches the quality of the rest of the game.

1) Talents
So far, it is planned to add passive talents to the epic levels of Gaias Retaliation. Those talents will increase or change the values and factors of spells, might affect other stats of your character, add passive bonuses or possibly procc effects.
If we include something like this, it won't be over the top, meaning you will not have to select between hundreds of talents, but merely select a limited amount out of a pool.
For the style this system will have, I had those ideas, which I want to select one from - give your oppinions which implementation you would like to see:
NOTE: Don't worry, we already have placeholder integers in the savecode for this - there won't be a code wipe because of this.

implementation 1:
You gain 1 talent point every level starting from level 45, which will lead to a total of 6 talent points. Epic quests might reward you with an additional talent point.
There's 5 "talent lines", containing 3 upgrades each, each upgrade having different effects, with the second and third upgrade usually having a stronger effect than the first. All talents will be the same for both archetypes of the base class, so that the amount of work for us writing all those talents will not be that high. If a talent affects archetype-only spells, it will contain a double-tooltip to show the different effects for both archetypes.
example:
For the cleric, there could be a "mental control" talent line, which centers around improving spells linked to "souls", for example decreasing the debuff duration of weakened soul by 3 seconds, improving the damage of Soul Strike by 15% or decreasing its mana cost, etc.

implementation 2:
When completing epic quests, you can select one out of 3 talents each. Talents in this case will be linked to quests, meaning you can only get those talents at this specific quest. Once you decided for one, there is no way to get the other talent.

implementation 3:
Talents can be 'bought' from trainers just like your main skills. You are limited just by the amount of money/mana crystals you have and could get all, if you can afford it (or limited to a fixed number).

2) Food resource
As you guys know, the food resource of WC3 is currently not used by Gaias Retaliation. We wish to change that for 1.2 and want to hear your suggestions for this one.
Some thoughts I had on this:

Mercenaries:
Food could be used to allow for mercenaries, which will serve as an additional "pet". They can not be controlled, but will follow your character just like a pet and will use a limited amount of skills. There could be healer, damage dealer, utility or tank mercenaries. Mercenaries can be used to replace player slots in gaias, improve solo play experience, etc.
Mercenaries will not have an inventory and won't have skills to learn and can not be controlled. However, they will have the same level as the hero they follow and will have stats which will be affected by the equipment you have on your hero (just like pets: the sum of your stats will be used for determining the bonus).
Mercenary slots are linked to the amount of players in the game.

If you have 5 players in the game, you can not hire mercenaries. If there are 4 or less players in the game, the amount of mercenaries that can be hired in total (-> first come, first served) represents the number of "missing" players. However, only one mercenary is allowed per player.

If a player leaves the game, the total number of mercenaries allowed will adapt, of course.

Mercenaries can be taken into dungeons. However, as you are not able to directly control them, they might be useless in certain situations. However, I might consider adding the special pet resistance to boss-AoE effects to them.

Special crafting resource:
Food could be used as a resource or experience bar for crafting, which will be linked to monster drops, quest rewards, etc..
Certain recipes will for example require 30 food. You can only craft the particular item if your food level is high enough.

Last edited:
Level 8
Awesomeness & epicness ;)

If u achieve all possible talent points via buy or completing quest, will I get em back after reskilling?

And if there is 4 players and we hire merc, he will be able to enter dungeon as fifth or the limit affect him too?

Awesomeness & epicness ;)

If u achieve all possible talent points via buy or completing quest, will I get em back after reskilling?
If the talents are linked to the quests, you won't be able to respecc at all.
If the talents will be buyable in shops, you won't get the money back upon respeccing.
If the talents will be learnable (the talents will be accessable as hero skills of the backpack), you might be able to respecc for a huge amount of money - this might be even more costly than respeccing stats.

Currently, we are thinking about not allowing a respecc of talents at all, although it might be a nice additional money sink.

And if there is 4 players and we hire merc, he will be able to enter dungeon as fifth or the limit affect him too?
If there is 4 players, only one player is able to actually hire a merc. The merc can be taken anywhere, including dungeons, so yes, the limit does affect mercs, but in a way that you simply can not hire them anyway if there is 5 or more players in the game.

Also, something I want to add about the mercs: There will be 4 different mercenaries if we implement this mechanic. Only one per type can be hired. So you will not be able to have 4 healing mercenaries in your game or 4 tanks.

So far, I thought about the following mercenaries and the skills they will use:
Warrior - Taunt, Shield Slam and Gaping Wounds
Sorceress - Fire Bolt (Fireball without AoE effect), Fire Shield, Energy Drain
Paladin - Hateful Strike, Symbol of Fury, Confidence
Priestess - Energy Drain, Heal, Nature's Blessing

Last edited:
Level 8
1 more question just to make sure...

new talent system will be like "atalent tree" or more like diablo 3 style (like 12 passives and only able to pick 3) ?

Last edited:
1 more question just to make sure...

new talent system will be like "atalent tree" or more like diablo 3 style (like 12 passives and only able to pick 3) ?
It will be like 'talent lines'.

Meaning you will have 5 skills to select from, each with 3 levels; each level having a different effect that is added to the previous one.
So you can have all 5 skills on level 1 and one on level 2, or you can have 2 skills on level 3, etc.

Example:

Mental Control:
Level 1: Critical Hits of 'Soul Strike' will replenish 10 Mana to the caster.
Level 2: Reduces the duration of 'Weakened Soul' effect by 3 seconds.
Level 3: Removes the 50% damage penalty of 'Soul Strike' when under the effect of 'Weakened Soul'

Shadow Affinity:
Level 1: Improves the duration of 'Crippling Curse' by 3 seconds
Level 2: ...

etc.

Level 3
Sounds really cool.. especially for the talents feature :thumbs_up:
using talents feature, the advance classes will be differentiated and the side advance classes (eg. druid and monk) will be focused even more.
for mercenaries I would suggest
Warrior: Taunt, Hatefull Strike, and Gaping Wounds
Palladin: Shield Slam, Demoralizing Shout, and Confidence

Last edited:
Level 6
Why u dont mix the implementation for talents?
Eats to much memory?
2 Talents free from lvl
2 Talents by quest
1 Talent by bought
It will be like 'talent lines'.

Meaning you will have 5 skills to select from, each with 3 levels; each level having a different effect that is added to the previous one.
So you can have all 5 skills on level 1 and one on level 2, or you can have 2 skills on level 3, etc.

Example:

Mental Control:
Level 1: Critical Hits of 'Soul Strike' will replenish 10 Mana to the caster.
Level 2: Reduces the duration of 'Weakened Soul' effect by 3 seconds.
Level 3: Removes the 50% damage penalty of 'Soul Strike' when under the effect of 'Weakened Soul'

Shadow Affinity:
Level 1: Improves the duration of 'Crippling Curse' by 3 seconds
Level 2: ...

etc.
gets every char personal talents and this is only for bishop/monk ?
If u get 2 "skills" on lvl3 we need 6 talent points, or?

At the Mercenaries i would like if every Class gets a own Mercenary.
Maybe u can set the abilities of Mercenary in the Mercenary himself...
if he heals, do damage or what

Necro gets Demon
Sorc gets Wisp
Druid gets treeant
Hunter gets eagle or bear
Bishop a kind of holy ghost or prayer
Monk Budha
Crusader a shield bearer
Berserker a Crom
Assassin gets a crow or warcat
Bard maybe Fearie

how would be
5-6 players = no merc
4 player = 1 merc / player
1-3 player = 2 merc / player
(if u give more merc it gone to solo playing maybe...depends on mercs)

Level 1
Zwiebelchen, I read this thread a yesterday. While working today, I remembered something that I would have liked implemented in similar RPGs.

About the food system:

~ What if your character is temporarily, or permanently affected by the type of food item/resource you consume? If this were true, you could have bonus attributes, or stats, depending on whether you end up being a carnivore, vegetarian, omnivore.

Let me get into detail here:

After eating a lot of, say, wild boar (for a while), you will (upon levelling up, maybe) become a carnivore. Possible bonuses? Permanent % stats in strength and/or vitality, maybe even so minor hp regeneration (or a buff with the same bonuses). However, if you keep a consistent diet of the same resource for too long, you will still get your bonuses, but will also get a (lesser) penalty. (if you're a hardcore carnivore, I suggest lowering either movement speed or attack speed; big muscles > stronger, but too bulky > slower)

A vegetarian, however, will have the exact opposite bonuses (mana pool, intel, probably get some resistance to magic damage, etc.), but will suffer other penalties (take increased physical damage, for example).

Lastly, the omnivore will probably have a mixture of bonuses, or their very own (depends on what you see fit Zwieb). My suggestion: (% increase of armor, attack speed/movement speed, or the ability to stun <-- this would be a very low procc though)...

Who knows...I hope you got the general idea...

Waiting for criticism :S

Level 6
And when the version 1.2 will be able to use ?:vw_wtf:

don't start asking that please is way too early to start pressuring 1.2 is still 3 or 4 maybe 6 months away still, keep enjoying the current version for a while becouse i think 1.2 still has a while to go but it will be whort the waiting i can sure you :vw_love:

Level 6
Love the idea of getting talents makes your character more and more unique. I dont really see a reason why u need food for merchants ? (its a counter which tells u who much merch u can add but that is possible with a command like -merch aswell)

actually it shouldnt be a problem to implant merch and talents. (of course more work)

Level 13
A mercenary idea sounds neat but I've always looked on gaias as a team game. Encouraging AI seems a bit ridiculous. I'm against the input of mercenaries for the sake of keeping gaias a team challenge without the aid of AI.

As for the Talent Tree, that sounds like an interesting idea. Make sure people can respec in some way though. Forcing them in to builds that can't adapt to the varying content in gaias is a bit of a dick move. Perhaps allow them to accumilate the points through whatever means (quests, drops, could even sell a few points for an increasing mana crystal cost), then allow them to respec them for a hefty cost, to suit whatever content the hero is trying to conquer.

An individual tree per class would be a neat idea, if possible. Sort of like a second skill system, which works as you mentioned previously. Level them up like stats, putting as many points in to whichever talents you wish, up to a limit of say 3-5 to prevent people abusing the benefits of a particular talent.

I like the ideas of the bonuses you've mentioned, how each can affect certain skills in certain ways. You could essentially create talents that work across various skills, i.e. a healer talent for bishops, buffing their heal casting time, BOL aoe and mend duration at the cost of 10% total damage per point invested.

In short, dislike on mercenary idea, encourage team play instead, like on the talent idea, encourage different builds with varying bonuses, but make sure people have the ability to change their talents if need be. Setting things in stone in gaias will just force players to load older saves.

The idea of using food as a crafting material seems kind of pointless, just throw a few mana crystals on recipe costs, or a gold/mc cost included in creating the item. Could food be used as a sort of experience bar for some kind of crafting/gathering skills, if those ever interested you? Fishing, Cooking, Smithing. It doesn't have to be Runescape but a few skills to encourage crafted items, even healing items, could be interesting.

Level 14
At the Mercenaries i would like if every Class gets a own Mercenary.
Maybe u can set the abilities of Mercenary in the Mercenary himself...
if he heals, do damage or what

Necro gets Demon
Sorc gets Wisp
Druid gets treeant
Hunter gets eagle or bear
Bishop a kind of holy ghost or prayer
Monk Budha
Crusader a shield bearer
Berserker a Crom
Assassin gets a crow or warcat
Bard maybe Fearie

That already exists for some classes, called summons. I think there is a reason that only a few classes have their personal summons, mercs should be the same for everyone.

Level 5
I think the Talent system is epic, finally everyone wont be exactly the same i like different paths, i hope it doesnt turn to a thing that you HAVE to pick this certain spec or we cant do boss and bla bla...

And actually I like the mercenary idea, it can fill in gaps and we dont have to making new games and waiting for so long for someone decent to enter... i don't know anything about coding AI..or coding at all actually xD but i hope it isnt to much work, if it is, dont stress yourself! But true say we also dont wanna loose the team gameplay feel so having a team full of bots is kinda...sad xD maybe limit it to 1-2 merc's only allowed throughout game... nd a system where some nub just doesnt go buy a bot for himself where we nid a healing bot for this dungeon etc..

Anyways.. Good ideas (y) this is literally turning to some MMORPG xD but player base is going downnn can only play with my 2 brothers at home haha battlenet kinda died :(

Level 10
I love the talent spec but I think it should be restatable for a huge money sink. As for the mercenaries I think it is an interesting concept. If they are implemented I think they should be a big money sink and cost a lot of money to use one for the game. They should also scale their stats and abilities on the owners level. For example if I had mercenary at level 20 he wouldn't be nearly as strong or have nearly as many spells as a mercenary owned by a level 50. My fear with mercenaries is that it would turn the game less from an ORPG and more of a Single player RPG. People would choose to solo with mercenaries

Im sorry I can not answer to every post individually, but this is what needs to be said after reading all the posts in this thread:

- there's not gonna be a "food" system. Food systems of known rpgs usually tedious and boring - I was just thinking about adding a use to the food resource, replacing it by something totally different, just using the food UI for constant display

- mercenaries will never replace players. They can be used in dungeons when a player left the game or disconnected to fill the empty slot - or they can be used in groups of 4 to add a little bit more dps to the group in dungeons - however, you will not be able to play the game solo just because of mercs and neither will you be able to beat the hardest encounters with a group of 3 players and 2 mercs.
With the implementation and rules I thought of, this cant be possible anyway, as it all boils down to those group setups:
1 player, 1 merc
2 players, 2 mercs
3 players, 2 mercs
4 players, 1 merc
5 players
As you can see, in the end, you will never have more than 2 mercs in the game. And as they cant be controlled and only have 3 skills, they wont be nearly as useful as a real player slot. But its better to take one merc when a player left the game than nothing. Thats the reasoning behind mercs - to make dungeons actually playable without a "perfect" group setup.

- I will select one of the implementation ideas for talents. Mixing them up is just weird and will lead to a lot of confusion

- Mercs will be humanoids, not some kind of pet; so the idea of changing the style depending on the owner wouldn't fit.

Btw, you guys can still present ideas for the use of the food UI.

Level 8
for me food resource could be used once again as rage once u get specific spell, or another rare material needed for recipe, but that's just my opinion

Level 13
If that's how the merc system is and it won't take up too much time, it sounds neat.

All for having the food as a form of experience for crafting.

I think both options are pretty valid. Currently we have the following ideas:
- crafting experience
- rage

Any more suggestions? I'd rather go with crafting experience in this situation, as I would prefer remastering the mana concept for classes individually instead of adding rage to them.

Then again, crafting experience could be made much better by simply making the material bag gain xp... I think food wouldn't be neccesary here either. Food should actually stay a 'resource' for something, as shop tooltips allow for a food required icon.

Level 13
Having a counter that builds up for some kind of ultimate skill after clearing several groups of mobs is an option, but would bring builds down to a certain design. Rage isn't really relevant anymore I agree with you on reworking mana costs and the importance of wisdom rather than adding another resource pool for skills.

Having the material bag gain xp would be badass. Same with the backpack, just make it go up levels for each thing of bank space bought, to make the user feel special lol.

If you can tie crafting xp in with the bag, do that, that's a great idea. I'd prefer not to see some kind of rage system.

Maybe tie food to talent points somehow, use 'food' as a resource for structuring a talent system. Certain quest rewards/bosses award food points which can be used to buy/trade for talent points. Sort of something you farm for within D4 other than skills or items. Leave talents as an endgame feature for level 50 build diversity.

Dungeons 50+ provide 'food' points via quests/bosses, use those points to purchase or edit existing talents, also use 'food' to restat talents. This would prevent people farming up 200k in 1.1L3 to splurge on the talent system with the release of 1.2.

Level 8
I have also idea to implement something like magic essence, resource that is need to buy spell or craft items similar to mana crystal just more rare, avaible vie dungeon 50+ and certain qeusts or via disenchanting legendary item.

I have also idea to implement something like magic essence, resource that is need to buy spell or craft items similar to mana crystal just more rare, avaible vie dungeon 50+ and certain qeusts or via disenchanting legendary item.
Hmm, I like the disenchanting idea. Disenchanting could add a little bit more use to items dropped inside of dungeons that are -rollsell.

Currently, all you can do is selling them. Having a resource that is required for crafting (and can be generated by disenchanting items) would be an interesting concept - of course I could always add a special material for that, but I feel a general resource that can stack very high suits this better, as then I have more freedom about determining the value of an item. As the resource can't drop, it also makes sense that it's not really an item, but a resource.

I could also use food to display spellpower. I always felt that it was bad that you couldn't see spellpower without having to type -stats, as you can always see attackpower (come to think of it; I feel like spellpower and attackpower should be merged - its one of the things I really loved about diablo 3 - then again, the differences between hybrids and non hybrids in terms of gear could be endangered - let's throw this into the discussion - what do you think about removing spellpower and replacing spellpower by attackpower in spell formulas?)

As food allows the displaying of two values and not just one (min and max value), I could even display another hidden stat, like crit chance or evasion.

Last edited:
Level 10
Most would disagree with me but I've pushed this idea before so why not again haha. The arena in Gaias has so much potential. As of now you can choose to pvp 2v2 3v3 etc. and thats cool but it would also be so much more utilized if you could go in as a group and fight waves or special arena bosses for some kind of gold fee as a source of replay value and a money sink or even 2v2's vs npc players so you and your buddy can fight another team on top of its pvp functions. Successfully beating these bosses could give you food which could be like Arena currency or badges or something. the badges would be able to be used to either buy special gear or open venders for you that you couldn't buy things from before with gold once you reach a certain amount of badges

Level 8
It would be also good idea to add backpack expirience as rank for player that beats hard boss encounters/quests or heroic difficoult if that's going to be implemented .

Higher ranks would alow player to buy item with better value in exchange for gold and new material or previous item.

Addition idea for rage system if its going back it for pvp balance and make spells some realy cool I sugest channeling.

example
Sorcerer: charged firebolt, consumes rage while casting, longer cast = bigger damage
Berserker: Heroic Charge more rage consumed = faster charge, bigger damage and knocback.
ect.

Level 10
But then, arena badges would simply be mana crystals in disguise, wouldn't they? Same idea, different color. It would be different if arena badges would be awarded by killing players instead of npcs - but the danger of it being abused is almost 100%.

In a sense but then again mana crystals are just another form of currency anyways. It would just be another 3rd form to get gear

In a sense but then again mana crystals are just another form of currency anyways. It would just be another 3rd form to get gear
Yes, but it's the way you can acquire the currency what makes it different. You can only gain mana crystals by doing group content, whereas you can get gold literally anywhere. You could even farm level 2 wolves endlessly to get the gold you need.
If there is going to be a third currency, it needs to be acquired in a way that differs from the others.
A solution could indeed be the arena - in a way that you might be able to fight bosses solo in there. In this case the way of acquiring the resource is different. However, this is way to hard to do, as in singleplayer, bosses can't be balanced to be equally hard for all classes.
I think if there is going to be a third currency, it should be a resource that you can get in solo play, so that it is different from mana crystals.

I could imagine the third resource being quest-reward only. It could be something like tokens. Whenever you complete a level 50 quest, you are awarded with 1 (or more) quest token. You can decide where and how you turn them in. This also adds a little bit more to diversity, as the total number of tokens you can get is limited and you simply can not get everything you want. It also adds a little bit more entertaining factor to quests, as you can also get an item reward (I planned to do that anyway, but linking the item rewards with a token system might make it even more interesting).
There could be simple items that require just one quest token, or there could be much stronger items that need more than one, etc..

So basicly yes, it's the same as mana crystals; but the difference is: You can not accumulate them endlessly; the amount you can have is limited, making them even more valuable than mana crystals, as you need to select which epic item you will buy, not just when.

Pretty good idea, don't you think?

EDIT:
The more I think about it, the more I like it.
I could make the token awards unique for the player in a way that all of those rewards remain useful, no matter what you achieve in the game.
For example, token rewards could be:
1) a useable tome that permanently increases one of your stats
2) a useable tome that permanently grants you one or more skill points
3) a useable potion that grants you a permanent buff (for example; increased move speed or increased range, etc.)
4) a useable tome that permanently grants you one additional talent point
5) a 'best in slot' item (probably legendary)
6) a unique recipe, which can not be obtained in any other way to make better potions than those that can be bought from the shops

Last edited:
Level 17
Ugh, why mercenaries? They're just going to end up fodder in dungeons so people have an easier time. Plus you already have a few pet classes - you don't need mercs, not unless you're trying to promote solo-play in which mercenaries will probably still end up as meat shields and make life easier for people leveling and grinding.

As for talents, a big no to implementation three. We already have to farm enough gold for end-game weapons and armour currently, as well as our advancement skills. I'd prefer the first option, as it gives players better specialisation into certain parts of their class while still retaining their original function to a degree. In your example, I'm gathering that talents will be based on your base class, not your advancement?

Level 13
I'd like to see talents as an endgame function to promote class diversity, building them off base classes sounds terrible.

The token idea sounds good zwieb. Anything in solo play could be potentially exploited though by saving/loading, things like that.

Keep the game built for team play, there are enough crappy solo play rpgs out there.

Level 5
Zwieb clearly said that the merc's wouldnt be anything compared to players so it isnt really solo play is it? Besides its annoying that me and 2 other friends cant do anything anymore 1 crus/1 bish/1 Hunter ... and we never have have a +1 to do a dungeon *stress* so the mercs will be so dam helpful. Think about the people who dont have a wide friend group! xD Gaias shouls be played by everyone not the same circle of people ><

Level 6
Im sorry I can not answer to every post individually, but this is what needs to be said after reading all the posts in this thread:

- there's not gonna be a "food" system. Food systems of known rpgs usually tedious and boring - I was just thinking about adding a use to the food resource, replacing it by something totally different, just using the food UI for constant display

- mercenaries will never replace players. They can be used in dungeons when a player left the game or disconnected to fill the empty slot - or they can be used in groups of 4 to add a little bit more dps to the group in dungeons - however, you will not be able to play the game solo just because of mercs and neither will you be able to beat the hardest encounters with a group of 3 players and 2 mercs.
With the implementation and rules I thought of, this cant be possible anyway, as it all boils down to those group setups:
1 player, 1 merc
2 players, 2 mercs
3 players, 2 mercs
4 players, 1 merc
5 players
As you can see, in the end, you will never have more than 2 mercs in the game. And as they cant be controlled and only have 3 skills, they wont be nearly as useful as a real player slot. But its better to take one merc when a player left the game than nothing. Thats the reasoning behind mercs - to make dungeons actually playable without a "perfect" group setup.

- I will select one of the implementation ideas for talents. Mixing them up is just weird and will lead to a lot of confusion

- Mercs will be humanoids, not some kind of pet; so the idea of changing the style depending on the owner wouldn't fit.

Btw, you guys can still present ideas for the use of the food UI.
How about different amout of mercs every class?
Limit Necro and Ranger Classes to 1 Merc maximum could be fair.
(Would be poor for my Necro but could live with maybe)

Food could be killcounter or something like honor?
Would food be saveable?
But..i hope u get different Merc Styles for healing, dd ect.

Level 5

Would food be saveable?

Mercs aint ment to be anything like pets, so your class shouldnt affect your merc, well affect the number of mercs in game.

We will still discuss this mercenary issue within the team. Currently, it seems that the feelings of the player base are mixed about it, so we won't rush this decision.

Just to summarize some other thoughts mentioned here:

Additional backpack slots (or rather storage slots) can be bought in 1.2 - this is not and will not be linked to talents at all.
We would have implemented this much earlier, but we wanted to keep the save codes short. Now that this is not as important as it used to be (thanks to the -savehd command), there is no reason why we shouldn't add more options to store items somewhere.

It seems that for the food resource, we will go with the idea of quest tokens which can be turned into unique permanent rewards for your character. So far, this seems like the most fun idea.

From what I've read until now, people seem to prefer implementation 1 for the talents, so I think we are going to use this one.

Level 8
Just my thoughts:

-Lets make only 1 merc avaible in for 1-3 players only 4-5 = none
-food: old rage system was unique, lets remake it while using less op spell to balance pvp
sorcerer: firenova, crusader: sacret wall(redirect damamge onto enemys), hunter: aimed shot, necro mass skele.. ect
-backpack exp as rank for doing heroic quests or dungeons or events
-disenchant (lesser/greater/leggendary essence for disenchanting normal d4/heroic d4/ legendarys) essence would go to material backpack
-tokens rewards for some quests and harmode bosses(very difficoult combats)
tokens are needed for items that require also rank(backpack level) tokens may be aquired endless
-talent pts(limited), aquired by level/quests/heroic boss
-and ofcourse upgradeable items/reforging = recipes that require item and mats in order to upgrade it also legendary ones. (some would be combo)

What Ya think?

Last edited:
Level 6
It seems that for the food resource, we will go with the idea of quest tokens which can be turned into unique permanent rewards for your character. So far, this seems like the most fun idea.
Solving any quest gives a quest token or they are special quests to reward quest tokens?
Then is food saveable in code?

Level 2
im not gunna even go into detail. i love the mercenary and talent idea. just adds another aspect to the game and sounds completely fair

Level 18

Would food be saveable?

this would be a nerf for the already sucking druid/hunter/necro classes ,and would be a huge buff for the rest, i mean why have pets when you can get the same amount of summons with the rest of the classes..

Level 5
Potion belt i realy miss...because 5 items in inventory and only 1 space for potion

Probably a good idea..(3 slots though) also could add another proffession? Alchemist? could make stronger potions or buff drinks that last for a few seconds (not a long period because tht could be OP) and maybe even a potion to dispel? Just an idea ^^ will add more variety with recipes, making armor and weapons are pretty basic :p

Tailoring too is an idea... making nets, adding +armor to enhance your current cloth armor and so on...

Level 8
Isn't crafting good enought?

i think there is no need to add professions, it can be still via recipes or buyable by mats

examples:

-recipes for armors and weapons / already exist
-mats for alchemist(npc) / for mats u could buy potions with some effekts
-enchanting / wizard in mytargras can make a buff for you addable for wep or armor for mats (essences)
-food / in dwaven village inn u could buy some specific food from cook if u have required food and spices(like carvo leaf for example)

Level 5
Isn't crafting good enought?

i think there is no need to add professions, it can be still via recipes or buyable by mats

examples:

-recipes for armors and weapons / already exist
-mats for alchemist(npc) / for mats u could buy potions with some effekts
-enchanting / wizard in mytargras can make a buff for you addable for wep or armor for mats (essences)
-food / in dwaven village inn u could buy some specific food from cook if u have required food and spices(like carvo leaf for example)

Yeah thats probably easier i guess.. but having a proffession (only 1 or 2 per class) adds more team work gameplay? So someone can make enchants for weapons...while someone else can make potions...etc

Level 9
First off a question, Can we suggest talents?

Also, maybe the "food" could be used for a ultimate in a way, if anyones ever played FF9 or God of War you can enter a mode after killing enough mosnters or taking enough damage that you go into a enhanced form, dealing more damage, taking less, and unlocking unique abilities.

My Suggestion would be. Adrenelin Rush (idk if thats right) increases AP and SP by 10% armor by 5 and allows each class accsess to 3 new spells or maybe use the talents, somewhat meshing the two ideas together so you use the talents to unlock it but the adrenelin rush to use it. 5 Adrenelin points would be used per second, lasting 20 seconds at the max if you end at 100 food. But would take roughly 10 minutes to gain. So its not too op. This is only a example honestly, just made it up on the spot.

Level 10
In the older versions of Gaias food used to be used as something called 'rage'. Every time you hit someone or healed someone or anything you'd get some of this rage. Each class had an 'ultimate' spell so to speak. For example the Squires Revenge skill did more damage depending on how much rage you had so if you had 100/100 rage it would do more damage as a spell compared to if you had say 23/100 rage. The clerics burst of light was the same way. the more rage the bigger the heal. This system was removed a while back. It seems fairly similar to the adrenelin rush concept.

I simply didn't like rage concepts at all, thats why I removed it. I felt it messed up balancing and I'm much more happy with ultimates just having a very high cooldown.

And yes, you might give suggestions for talents, as long as they are balanced.

I basicly need 15 talents for each class, with always 3 of them being lined up to one "theme", the third usually being the best of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.