• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disable Automatically Acquiring Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've tried setting the acquisition range of my custom heroes to zero, but they still automatically attack if near an enemy unit. How can I prevent them from doing this?

Level 1
They attack unprovoked. They will automatically chase after visible targets.

Changing the unit type to worker stopped them from chasing anything they see. How can I stop them from running away when attacked? I basically want them to be able to attack if you tell them to attack a specific creature, but otherwise just sit there and take damage. Of course, they also need to be able to walk around.

Also, making the hero a worker unit doesn't always stop him from attacking back if attacked. Any other solutions for that problem?

Level 1
I'm guessing that's an attribute only available in the expansion?

Looks like I need to finally install The Frozen Throne.

Level 4
You can also use a trigger that when a unit is attacked, order the attacked unit to attack the attacking unit.

Level 1
Yeah, but I don't want them to attack back automatically. I want the player to have complete control over the avatar. If the player isn't giving attack commands, the hero should just sit there and take damage unless he's on patrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.