• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
No it's not. Just because you see them well made in the char classes, doesn't mean the game will have graphics of a movie. Just improvement and that's it.

Though what really surprises me no longer, is the fact that they said they were not gonna make even the 1st releases of SC2 till the end of 2007, they did nothing about half of 2008. Now I know why. And it doesn't please me to have frozen the release of the 1st alpha/beta of SC2 only to make D3. The game might be cool though better than D2 LoD. Just a replacement of WoW and hopefully, not paid like WoW and not wasting days for just few quests. And wtf when you kill Diablo this has no point, the game 'Diablo' that no longer has diablo...

It's not a replacement for WoW as it's not a mmorpg. The game is multiplayer but it is not massively multiplayer.
Look at the FAQ and gameplay trailer.

Level 14
And if I recall correctly Diablo died in the first game. If they brought him back once then they can do it again. Indeed what would a Diablo game be without Diablo? And the cinimatic trailer foreshadows (or doesn't) the return of Diablo. In the trialer the girl says: "But as the shadow once again crawls across our world and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind the people pray for strength and guidance but they should pray for the mercy of a swift death for I have seen what the darkness hides," and on the sites first page it reads: "a comet from the heavens strikes the very ground where Diablo once entered the world." It all alludes to (or doesn't) the return of Diablo the Lord of Terror. How would they do it? Who knows. In the second game Diablo possesed a human being through the soul stone but since that is no more he might need a more potent body or bodies. Maybe he posesses one or more of the lesser evils to create a mega Diablo. Point being: I wouldn't give up on old Diablo just yet.

Level 19
And if I recall correctly Diablo died in the first game. If they brought him back once then they can do it again. Indeed what would a Diablo game be without Diablo? And the cinimatic trailer foreshadows (or doesn't) the return of Diablo. In the trialer the girl says: "But as the shadow once again crawls across our world and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind the people pray for strength and guidance but they should pray for the mercy of a swift death for I have seen what the darkness hides," and on the sites first page it reads: "a comet from the heavens strikes the very ground where Diablo once entered the world." It all alludes to (or doesn't) the return of Diablo the Lord of Terror. How would they do it? Who knows. In the second game Diablo possesed a human being through the soul stone but since that is no more he might need a more potent body or bodies. Maybe he posesses one or more of the lesser evils to create a mega Diablo. Point being: I wouldn't give up on old Diablo just yet.

Diablo didn't really die in the first game because he kind of infested the human who killed him so heh.

Level 14
yes well Blizzard has a way of getting around stories like that.
Diablo's dead in Diablo 1, but no, look he's back in Diablo 2!

They can do anything they want, whether it makes sense or not :)

Level 14
That's probably what they're going to say, but eh. There's no use speculating. It's not coming out soon (or least probably not). They have plenty of time to come up with a bs story :)

Level 9
For all we know, it may not be diablo at all. Perhaps it's the corrupted version of tyrael. He destroyed the world stone corrupted by Baal. Just a thought..

It would be the greatest thing ever if Diablo 3 came with a map editor... Fine, I'll keep dreaming.

Level 19
For all we know, it may not be diablo at all. Perhaps it's the corrupted version of tyrael. He destroyed the world stone corrupted by Baal. Just a thought..

It would be the greatest thing ever if Diablo 3 came with a map editor... Fine, I'll keep dreaming.

They got no current plans for an Editor so nope. That is what Blizzard said in their Q&A on WWI yesterday.

Level 14
Your point?

Anyway. I don't see how they can bring Diablo back, what with his soulstone gone kaboom in the hellforge.

Level 14
Hmm maybe, I thought of that, but there's no reason to name the game Diablo then, other than just for posterities sake.

Maybe something did happen with the comet. We can only speculate until further information is released :(

Level 14
Oh I enjoy it too, just annoying as hell that we don't know it.. A little impatient.

Huh? When? In the Video?

Level 24
Ok,it's a bit freaky but...

Assuming that this is Diablo in 3.Yes?

banner.jpg

And this one is our traditional Diablo.Yes?

Now look at both's head,the one from 3 is missing the Soulstone.It's him!

Level 14
Hmm I didn't notice that before.. good catch.

He might have been morphed and shit by the loss of the soulstone and then the destruction of the Worldstone.

Hmmm..grr stupid blizzard can't release info fast enough... and they only released it yesterday.. too much anticipation.

Level 14
Hmm, it's a possibility for the others to come back. It would be a better story if only Diablo came back for revenge for his brothers.

Level 4
When I first saw the another Diablo-clone from the trailer, it clearly reminded a hand-painted Balrog from LotR series.

Anyways. "A one must retain it's unique atmosphere, not embark new lows" - that's for the current graphical theme of Diablo III (as in, too much of WoWesqueness).

Level 3
OMG WOW! I have been waiting for this to come out for ages!

It looks promising so far, though I hope the witch doctor isnt a replacement of one of the other classes, they better still include my favourite: the sorreress.

Level 3
Anyways. "A one must retain it's unique atmosphere, not embark new lows" - that's for the current graphical theme of Diablo III (as in, too much of WoWesqueness).

Totaly agree! Theres way too much wow imagery and cheesy flashyflashy, Diablo is supposed to be dark and gothic. Blizzards art director should be shot. (I mean shot in the artistic sense ofc)

Level 3
I never really got the part about the soulstones. Does destroying a soulstone kill the demon as well? Diablo's coming back, so that's obviously not the case. But then, how does doing so prevent them from going into Sanctuary again? They were walking around just fine before people started snatching them up and putting them into soulstones.

You gotta be pretty retarded to think that those graphics are even near wow-like. Not only they look better, but they are also more like paintings and a lot more reliastic. But anyway, Diablo is comming back for sure, it wouldn't be fun without him, no? Now, there is a huge possiabliity to ruin the storyline, since that is what happened with blizzard and wow expansions (overdoing the story to make it fun for players).

Also, Witch Doctor fuses two classes into one, necromancer, and druid, so I doubt either will show up in game. There is already a pure meele combat heero (with abilities that work only on meele and stuff) which is barbarian.

So, you have:
Tank + fighter (barbarian)
summoner + healer (witch doctor)

So what do you need more? one pure caster, and few other classes to fight with.

Level 14
I never played/liked the necro. I was more of a paladin person. Zeal, fanaticism, and sheild.

I had a psn necro but it was never as good as I wanted it to be. Oh well. I like melee better.

Level 3
Ok you know what is really freaking confusing before you kill diablo in diablo2 he has no soulstone on him, but once you kill him a soulstone appears on his head glows and then burns him alive and maybe just by a demon getting a fragment of his soul stone and demons pick all of them up they morph into diablo or do some sort of ritual like in the gameplay that summoned a giant creature and fight against. Lots of speculation to go through lol

Level 23
´...` I go to bed and sleep for 12 hours. The next day there are over 40 new posts.

OMg... I will try to come back to the discussion:p

NearbyHermit, it's fun that you took my avatar in an example;) Well yes it's from the gametrailer, and yes it's diablo, like you said I heard something about that meteor, that it was hitting the exact same spot where diablo once where created. Due to this, cain thinks its powers has something to do with evil powers.

oh well it stands even on the first page on their website:p
When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of Tristram's Cathedral seeking clues to new stirrings of evil, a comet from the heavens strikes the very ground where Diablo once entered the world. The comet carries a dark omen in its fiery being and it calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells – and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself.

So whatever that is, it is not good :p
And Redscores has already pointed this out a few times, look at the log made by cain.
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/lore/journal.xml
---

FreshMobster, GolemEyes, diablo 3 is definetly Not built on the graphics of wow. If you want a more look-alike graphic, look at starcraft 2...

About the classes hm... They have a tank-barbarian... they have a necro/druid look alike witch doctor. (happy tauren its not sure it a healer but well, I suppose so as well).
Hm... Ill just quote HT on that, since I have nothing more to add.

Essential spell casters can be good. However poison lacked in the most cases as it had x damage over y seconds preventing them from do full damage since regereration and other things. (the only suitable enough was the assassins venom in d2)

I wonder how they will do regarding immunities...

Level 14
It better at least have a beta by Christmas.

I kinda think Blizzard is running out of spell ideas. That one spell of the barbarian's is practically the Shockwave ability only without the yellow wave.

Also, I want a paladin. Or at least a Knight-type character >.<

Level 14
lol yeah... well only thing I (we) can do now is cross my fingers and hope.
I want this game out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.