• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Diablo 2 - Act 1 a faithful wc3 remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
FINISHED! Diablo 2 - Act 1 a faithful wc3 remake

Well, a long time ago I promised this map to the community of the workshop, a few months ago, but for anyone who got excited about this... it's finished! But before I release this here I'd rather stir up some interest by posting info about it seeming it still has to go through multiplayer testing with one of my friends (but it really is finished, i swear!).

This map first appeared in the terrain board, and the original can be found here for people wanting to see the quality of the environment.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51448

Anyway as the title suggests I have completely remade the first act of diablo 2. That's right, all the quests, monsters, items (well, not all of them, but about 100 or so), heroes and some of their more fun abilities all in one warcraft 3 map! And it's battlenet as well! (I'm hoping it becomes quite popular you see :grin:)

Basically the map starts with the traditional group of heroes around their campfire and you have the choice of the usual heroes from Diablo 2 - Lord of destruction. Here's a quick rundown.

Maiev the Assasin
Specializing in the use of blades and traps she brings both agility and ingenuity to the field, and specializes more in setting up masses of traps and getting away rather than being right at the front of the fray. Her abilities include Burst of speed, Blade shield, Charged bolt sentry and Lightning sentry.

Uther the Paladin
The paladin is made for use with friends especially, seeming he uses auras to boost the morale of the party against evil. He also packs a fair amount of damage with his paladin only items such as shields and Milabrega's set (each hero gets one set split into various pieces they can find on drops rarely from monsters greater in level than 6). His abilities include Prayer aura, Meditation aura, Smite and Zeal.

Elena the Sorceress
The sorceress relies on mana to slay her foes, and slay them she does. Her spells although they may begin weak, can be overbalanced when they are taken advantage of, such as her static field which may only do 20 damage to and 80 hit point monster, but against a 30000 hit point monster (well, a boss) will do 7500 damage on the first use! Her abilities are Fireball, Static field, Teleport and Blizzard.

Cenarius the Druid
The druid is one with nature, and teams up with its forces to bring terror and destruction to foes. Nothing is more powerful than tearing the very earth apart under an enemies feet, or summoning a beast of an animal to aid you, or even becoming one. He specializes in the fine and dangerous art of Lycanthropy. His abilities are Fissure, werewolf, summon grizzly and Hunger.

Asterix the Barbarian
The barbarian is an unstoppable physical force made for mowing down fields of enemies, he is the most 'tanked' character out of all of them, beginning and ending the game with the highest total damage, but suffering in his shortage of mana and agility. His abilities include Battle cry, Battle orders, Iron skin and Whirlwind.

Art the Necromancer
Rather than use his own expenses, the necromancer uses his enemies to fight, raising their corpses or exploding their festering remains to tear apart the still living enemies. He may seem weak at first, but once levelled up he is a force to be reckoned with, especially with an army of the dead behind him! His abilities are Summon skeleton, Summon skeletal mage, Teeth and Corpse explosion.

Azaria the Amazon
Specializing in the use of bows and arrows the amazon attacks from a safe distance behind her allies, and even her decoy unit for a short time once she masters the ability to create one. As she becomes stronger her abilities grant her more damaging attacks, whereas she begins with more passive ones, focusing on the use of potions for survival. She learns Decoy, Multi-shot, Critical strike and Freezing arrow.

Each of these heroes have very different abilities all translated directly from diablo 2 as accurately as possible. The only exception is the corpse explosion which will target weak targets rather than corpses, merely because this game gets a large buildup of corpses!

Hero abilities

Beyond these abilities you can control more aspects of a hero. Gain a level and you will receive 5 more 'stat points' which can be invested into strength, dexterity, energy or vitality, which can dramatically strengthen your hero, as gaining a level will not increase any aspect of them automatically.

Heroes also have a backpack ability, where they can store away 6 items, and bring out the last 6 they stored. This works best when the first 6 slots are used for armor and weapons for battle and the second is composed of potions and scrolls of identify/town portal for use outside or in the heat of battle.

Get near a 'waypoint' however and this ability is replaced with the waypoint sub menu where you can select a variety of locations to teleport to as long as you have visited them. Don't fear, when you leave a waypoint your backpack returns!

Items

The map features many items, the only ones missing specifically are runes, gems and socketing as they are too much bother in an already trigger rich map (about 300 im guessing, not quite sure anymore!). Potions appear in light and minor forms, one dealing more health back to the hero, and similarly for light and minor mana potions. They save space by coming in packs of 10, however their small healing amounts means you'll go through them quickly! Luckily they drop often.

If you're lucky you'll get weapon/armor drops. Some armor is ordinary and will only provide a small bonus such as +2 armor, but some is either unique/set. This armor will originally be 'unidentified' and will need to have a scroll or tome of identify used on it to reveal what you collected. The same goes for weapons, and many popular ones have been made, mainly the legendary oculus which randomly teleports the user on attack 20% of the time.

And there are set items, but they are quite rare until the later portion of the map.

The only other significant item would be the town portal scroll/tome which creates a portal to the base camp, and you can go back through to where you originally made it (no crummy wc3 scroll of town portals! even though Im sure you were expecting it to be that).

Quests and units

All quests from the original appear, from the cleansing of the den of evil to the slaying of the demon queen andariel in her monastery. If you play alone the monastery is close to impossible, unless you cheat (upon which the game will swear at you and advise you of your lack of friends... hehe ^^). The game is not made for solo, on normal it is for 2, or 1 if you make your hero the right way.

If you desire that difficulty boost you can type in 'nightmare' and the game enters Nightmare difficulty. Enemies have 150% hit points, regenerate hit points and gain 10 damage each.

If your feeling sadistic, type in 'hell' and you will enter Hell difficulty. On this you wont even last 4 fallens and a shaman at level 1. It is made for 4 experienced veterans of this map, and even then some things may not be possible.

As far as units go, almost every act 1 unit is there, excluding vampires, arachs and ghosts (except for about 6 of them) as they weren't very prominent units. Some units have abilities such as fallen shamans who can frequently raise them, making them a target when you come across a fallen army. Some bosses also raise the dead such as Blood raven, and the unique enemy cold crow slows enemies considerably.

After all the main game there are also bonus quests that can also be played in the original diablo 2.

As far as location go, this game has it all. Every single cave/crypt/cloister is made in fair detail, even down to the fountain in the inner cloister (you'll have to see it to believe it.

EDIT: Time to be released, you've waited long enough :p
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/6621
the multi wasn't tested for reasons said in the last post, i hope it works but i will update it later, and will give it a proper minimap in the next update.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• abilities.jpg
    abilities.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,502
  • akarasshop.jpg
    akarasshop.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,395
  • amazon.jpg
    amazon.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 2,031
  • antlers.jpg
    antlers.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,227
  • begin.jpg
    begin.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,217
  • bm.jpg
    bm.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 752
  • difficulties.jpg
    difficulties.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 683
  • doe.jpg
    doe.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 2,410
  • doecleansed.jpg
    doecleansed.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 601
  • doecomplete.jpg
    doecomplete.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 8,788
  • frozenarrow.jpg
    frozenarrow.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 569
  • maiev.jpg
    maiev.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 843
  • multishot.jpg
    multishot.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 750
  • now enetering.jpg
    now enetering.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 7,228
  • omgpwnd.jpg
    omgpwnd.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 589
  • rattlecage.jpg
    rattlecage.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 809
  • stas.jpg
    stas.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 3,918
  • tp1.jpg
    tp1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 10,921
  • tp2.jpg
    tp2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 655
  • werewolf.jpg
    werewolf.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 3,226
  • wp.jpg
    wp.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 667
  • zomgbackpack.jpg
    zomgbackpack.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 3,005
Last edited:
Level 5
looks nice... Just one thing. WHy not put the spells into a spell book and give a larger amount of spells. Sp when you level, you can choose what spell book to lvl. If you chose the spear spell book, you gain 1 spear skill. I wont play this map due too only 4 skills. Diablo was sick cause u were able to modify chars are you wanted to.

Level 4
wow really impressive, keep up the good work and Oziris, theres nothing wrong with the models...
but i'd would be cool if you added bone spear or bone spirit, one of my favorite skills with necro

Level 9
Bone spirit would be a bit pointless seeming most fighting in this map is with enemies at close range. Pvp is not going to be in the first version but when it is I'll make an extra balanced ability made exclusively for pvp action.

As for custom models, once your in game the models for enemies work well. There aren't many custom models similar to the ones in diablo 2 and besides that this will be a multiplayer map, designed for battlenet so filesize is a big issue. So far the size is 2.32 MB and I don't want it to be much more than that.

Level 9
Well, I didn't get to multiplayer test this (my pc wont let me host maps on b net, only join them), so I will release a protected version to the public. Enjoy.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/6621

The link is also in the first post now for easier access once this thread goes past a page.

Oh and if someone could... could someone let me know their b net name, host this game at an arranged time and show me if it works in multi, it would be highly helpful in optimizing the map.

Level 34
I don't know if you want me posting this, if not let me know and I'll delete it.

Here is a very well made Diablo 2 map. It's not multiplayer though, which sucks.
DiabloII

Level 3
dont know if he'll mind, but i think his will be better. ive played a few of the good diablo 2 maps... none really have the same attention to detail. and some of them had really stupid glitches.

gavdaman88's map seems to be relatively bug-free for now. (ive played it/seen demonstrations a few times) should be good when its balanced

Level 8
I have to say,
This is my over all favorite Diablo II remake.
Some things I'd like to say tho, and I'll add more once I get a group together to test it.
1. Tooltip is missing on the Stat menu.
2. Camera somewhat Annoying with its delayed turning, but It looks nice in Combat.
3. I Forget who, but that one lady Shouldn't sell archers till after Blood Raven.
4. Why don't Charsi and Gheed sell items?
5. Backpack doesn't switch fast enough [Annoying]
6. Fallen Don't respawn, just the shaman.
7. Why Children?! Why not something else for selectors? xD

Great Map!
Keep Working on it! =]
-Calvin

Last edited:
Level 8
I'm back,
and after trying it with my brother.
There are quite a few things that we suggest you should change.
1. Can't raise Skeletons, from the zombie corpses?
-Side Note, I was a Paladin, it was my brother who pointed this out.
2. Skeletons are timed?! AND Selectable?!?!?!!
-Side Note, Are you mad? Give the Skeletons no Time, and the Locust ability, than, You would need to find a way to give them the ability to follow him as a group, Because, as of now, the skeletons are useless.
3. Corpsefire is Blue
-Side Note, [Nuff Said]
4. After collecting your reward for Den of Evil, Two exclamation marks appear over Kashya, when you approach her, One, goes away, leaving the other to sit there.
5. Any player, should be able to use, any other players TP.
-Side Note, [Nuff said]
6. When Stepping on a way point, and when it replaces your backpack, its Tooltip is missing.
7. Why the Heck, is the Horadric Cube in act one?
-Side Note, [Nuff said]
8 Paladins can have two auras activated at once, in the game, He should only have 1 activated at a time.
9. The Meditation Aura is annoying with the giant blue fog.
10. The Auras shouldn't cost mana
-Side Note [Nuff Said]
11. Some Suggestions for the use of all the heroes spells, Use a spell book to hold the spells for all of them in it, 3 Spell books for each character, every one of them representing the branches of there Skills.
12. A Repick [Nuff Said]
Great Map, =]
Theres quite a few things that need to be ironed out, but its well worth it!
-Calvin

Level 8
Ah,let me put it straight to you,the only way to do this ,is just by playing Diablo

There were thousands of diablo ''faithfull'' remakes,none of them passed the test

I will make one soon,and mine will definitely be close.

Already Done that.
So, next time your trying to be "Straight" with me, ask before you accuse. =]
Also, I've played many of the Diablo II remakes, I'd like to say His Works the best, because of no bugs,
But I Did find one, That Was quite good, contained many bugs, but good none the less.
Anyways, I'd like to see your attempt,
I'd be most happy to test it aswell.
-Calvin

Level 24
Ah to be straight again,im sorry if you were somehow insulted(i didnt ment to)

And yeah,i use models that are strictly close,use diablo gameplay,i play for over 7 years,and I have 14 years of life ,so i dream ,eat and sleep with Diablo

So I believe that I will be close,and also try the vnakira version of Diablo

Level 8
Lmao, xD
Well, Knowing the Diablo Universe all together is important, and That sounds much like my little brother,
I Never got too much into it as him, but I do have great Experience with Diablo 1. xD
Both, me and Him will be glad to Press and strain your map,
He is a very Harsh Judge. =]
But Get it done, I'd love to Help Point out things that I can.

Level 8
Sorry,
Was away, Playing Super Smash Brawl,
Anyways, Yes, I've tried the map, He didn't capture much of the look, the camp is very much in... Out of order
and brings much heptic chaos to a lot of new comers that don't know diablo.
Also has many things that I wouldn't recall in the game itself.
Fallen, are much Tougher than they really should be, and the enemies only represent a minor portion of themselves.
Its a Great Try itself as he tries to bring the most out of the World of Diablo itself,
But as of now, it stands quite great.
I'm not sure if its worked on anymore, and If it is, I have lots I Could list, But thats for another topic,
Anyways, Yes, I've seen it.
Keeping on this map, I wonder where the creater is. o_o

Level 8
Well Vnakira,was in the 2003's in the Wc3sear.ch community

I dont know if he quit Wc3 or not

Most Likely,
I did take part in that community, but...
after it disappeared I took leave on other games, Just recently have I been getting back into Wc3,
but opening up the editor, everything that I Knew came flooding back to me, Back to map making. =]

Level 9
I'm still here... just on the low down from game making at the moment uni picked up yet again.

I'm back,
and after trying it with my brother.
There are quite a few things that we suggest you should change.
1. Can't raise Skeletons, from the zombie corpses?
-Side Note, I was a Paladin, it was my brother who pointed this out.
2. Skeletons are timed?! AND Selectable?!?!?!!
-Side Note, Are you mad? Give the Skeletons no Time, and the Locust ability, than, You would need to find a way to give them the ability to follow him as a group, Because, as of now, the skeletons are useless.
3. Corpsefire is Blue
-Side Note, [Nuff Said]
4. After collecting your reward for Den of Evil, Two exclamation marks appear over Kashya, when you approach her, One, goes away, leaving the other to sit there.
5. Any player, should be able to use, any other players TP.
-Side Note, [Nuff said]
6. When Stepping on a way point, and when it replaces your backpack, its Tooltip is missing.
7. Why the Heck, is the Horadric Cube in act one?
-Side Note, [Nuff said]
8 Paladins can have two auras activated at once, in the game, He should only have 1 activated at a time.
9. The Meditation Aura is annoying with the giant blue fog.
10. The Auras shouldn't cost mana
-Side Note [Nuff Said]
11. Some Suggestions for the use of all the heroes spells, Use a spell book to hold the spells for all of them in it, 3 Spell books for each character, every one of them representing the branches of there Skills.
12. A Repick [Nuff Said]
Great Map, =]

1. I'll fix this, just have to remove UD classification from them.
2. Guess i got lazy and based it off an exisiting ability :p I'll try to fix this in due time too, wouldn't be too hard.
3. He's slightly blue..... but zombies don't hue too well
4. Hrm interesting... you're right but I never noticed this before now...
5. I'll see what i can do, the tp triiggers are quite large
6. There was no tooltip space in object editor here. No idea why, but I couldn't get one...
7. It's a secret you have yet to discover :p
8. Can fix this too seeming theyr're triggered
9. Will also fix
10. Ill remove mana cost and make em weaker I guess
11. This will be the last thing I would do, but if i got around to it yes. Lots more abilities to make if so but if i get there than I will
12. Easily done

thanks for your criticism it helped a lot~!

Level 8
Ah, Thanks. =]
You've finally returned, xD
Well, that was the second list, I still have a small first list too, xD [Same Page]
Also, Use the Dalarn Mutant as Corpse Fires model? Its the same thing, except blue. [Fitting him Perfectly].

I'll most likely continue testing the map to its extents, its a great map,
Keep Working on it! =]
-Calvin

Level 2
I'm just saying... wow, that's kind of cool. I didn't like Act 1 for Diablo 2 so I'm sure I won't like this map but I think it has potential and I hope you will make the other acts too (didn't read all of your c*ap). : )

Status
Not open for further replies.