• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detecting not enough gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi. Is there anyway to detect via triggers when a unit tries to purchase an item but don't have enough gold?
Or would I have to make a custom price and purchase system entirely?

EDIT: The only way i can think of is to make an event "A unit is issued an order targeting an object", Condition "Issued order equal to <order string for (trying?) to purchase an item>".

But for this I would need the order string for a unit trying to purchasing an item. Anyone know how I can find this string?

Level 11
I tried detecting the order id by a jass script I found by displaying the order id when any order is given, but no order id is displayed when trying to purchase an item but dont having enough gold.
However, when I DID have enough gold I discovered that there is a different order id for each item in the shop... <.<

I think it's the name of unit, but I'm not sure.

That what is the name of the unit? The id or the string? o_O
I think id can only consist of numbers no?

Status
Not open for further replies.