• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Desynchronization big bad problemm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello Dear mappers, I came to you today with the hope that at least you will be able to help me resolve my problem,in the map desynchronisation happens, it happens not always and not at the same time,I don't know what the reason, help please,attach map for inspection
View attachment Fooots REBORN.w3x

Level 3
often is invoked when you call big Bug crypt fiend skill
but it's always different, rarely in the middle of the game

Level 3
Cannot find trigger for that ability or the ability itself.

Is the skill based on Shockwave, Thunder Clap, or War Stomp? Terrain deformations are well known to cause out of sync errors.

no is a skill based on spirit wolf, instead of wolves causes bugs, the last 3-4 levels summon big bugs with attak 1 k

Had a look at the triggers and I can not find anything suspicious..

problem is not in triggers for this reason i cant understand

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
unit: Demon Hunter
field: dependency equivalents: should be [Eevi], not [Edmm] cause you changed ability metamorhosis ..
zibi
is original demon hunter (demon)
Безымянны222222221.png
but in the map is other hero Fox he also have methamorphosis but dependency equivalents: is empty

skriin.jpg
Seen happens at the diferent time
skreen 2.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If some of the players played a different map which was subject to widgitization or other forms of object data optimization before playing your map then they will split. This is because the other maps poison the object data cache WC3 keeps to improve loading times between sessions. When changing map you should always restart WC3 to assure correct map loading.

Also if they are running Mac clients then various reasons can cause them to OOS from Windows clients. The exact causes are elusive but the main one is GetLocationZ being used to compute game state which returns different results depending on current screen view, game visual settings and between Mac and Windows clients.

Level 3
Do you use GetLocalPlayer() somewhere in your map?

no i dont use

If some of the players played a different map which was subject to widgitization or other forms of object data optimization before playing your map then they will split. This is because the other maps poison the object data cache WC3 keeps to improve loading times between sessions. When changing map you should always restart WC3 to assure correct map loading.

Also if they are running Mac clients then various reasons can cause them to OOS from Windows clients. The exact causes are elusive but the main one is GetLocationZ being used to compute game state which returns different results depending on current screen view, game visual settings and between Mac and Windows clients.

i know this kind of probblem but is should be in the start not in the middle of game

is original demon hunter (demon)

but in the map is other hero Fox he also have methamorphosis but dependency equivalents: is empty

so you have not only demon hunter bugged but also Fox hero
fix object editor fields
in ability metamorphosis you have to use normal form and alternate form - not default but yours
use also valid unit in field techtree dependency equivalent

Level 3
so you have not only demon hunter bugged but also Fox hero
fix object editor fields
in ability metamorphosis you have to use normal form and alternate form - not default but yours
use also valid unit in field techtree dependency equivalent

i dont know what to do more, i start to think what problem is in 12 lvl abillites:(
or in xp per hit sistem:(
I am lost, I think to surrender

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is there anything that relates players in each part? For example previous map played? Or are they in the same player group (force) in the map?

Look for any place that calls GetLocalPlayer() or GetLocationZ() as both of those are the biggest cause of desyncs. GetLocalPlayer is safe only if used for graphics (eg game messages, special effects, lightning) but even then you need to make sure all objects exist across all clients (even if they are invisible on some and only visible on others).

Status
Not open for further replies.