• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Desync Detect : Somebody Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I dont used GetLocalPlayer but my map is causing Desync after 16 minutes.This map is used
Set a unit's collision size to 1.
Make a hero building
Set the "Damage - Number of Dice" field to a high number ( equal to 8 )

And can you help me to find Desync in Trigger
Thanks you

Attachments

• war3map.txt
    415.2 KB · Views: 214
I don't see anything that may cause desync (I'm not an expert for that, though).
Try to change the host and see if it still cause desyncs.
It may also depends on the OS (Windows/Mac)...

If you use a multi-langage system based on Mpq files' ID, it may come from that too (but I doubt you use such a system and I didn't see any string comparison).

Also, try to know if desyncronised people get a fatal error or get disconnected.

Level 26
Upload either map or trigger, otherwise no one will help you. At least, I'm not going to spend my afternoon working through a computer-generated notepad document.

Those are the triggers and you may write them manually.

I do not find the standard dangers now either, would be helpful if you could determine what happened at this time when the desync took place. And what is the matter with these llines you wrote?

This map is used
Set a unit's collision size to 1.
Make a hero building
Set the "Damage - Number of Dice" field to a high number ( equal to 8 )

Level 2
I don't see anything that may cause desync (I'm not an expert for that, though).
Try to change the host and see if it still cause desyncs.
It may also depends on the OS (Windows/Mac)...

If you use a multi-langage system based on Mpq files' ID, it may come from that too (but I doubt you use such a system and I didn't see any string comparison).

Also, try to know if desyncronised people get a fatal error or get disconnected.

The desyncronised people get disconnected
This is a part of log :
Warning! Desync detected!
16:52 (All) Players in game state #1: missruxs, kai_hansen, HateBanForDC, craftbuster, yanjason80
16:52 (All) Players in game state #2: UsamebinLadiN, Maglor
16:52 (All) UsamebinLadiN was dropped due to desync.
16:52 (All) Maglor was dropped due to desync.

And my map is used custom Icon but i dont have Disable Icon.I dont know it can make desync or no.

Since it's a disconnection and not a fatal error, it reduces the problem's field.
I fear that the only explanation is a server spilt :
Server splits can be caused by either flaws in the map code, or problems with the host. The difference is that with the same sequence of steps, a map will always split, whereas host based splits are determined by high level domain issues that are erratic and uncontrollable.
server splits are very random, code that can look correct but can cause server splits.

If it has happened several time, it's in in the map. The only way to know where it comes from is to disable some feature (trigger / imported things) and see if it still causes desync.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Server splits occur when 1 or more of the clients in a game deviate from what the server is accepting. An example would be where in a game with clients 1,2 and 3, client 1 has a unit die which remains alive on client 2 and 3 so the games no longer are consistant. Because WC3 has no way to resyncronize a game, it will just split the player or players who fall out of syncronisy with what the server is accepting.

It is possible for the host client to fall out of sync with his own server, in this case he will be disconnected from his own server and the game will end. The most unusal case of this happening that I have seen is a map being tested in singleplayer which would cause "connection has been lost" error for the player (meaning the client fell out of syncronisy with its own server in a single player game).

In the case of conventional hosting, the host client ususally reflects the server's bias (although exceptions do exist as stated above) meaning that if the host falls out of sync, everyone else will be kicked for being out of sync except the host. Bot games do not have this problem as the server is separate from the clients meaning that all players are treated equally and splits will occur only to those who are not in sync.

Yes another form of split can occur if the server of a game suddenly shuts down (host client leaves the game for normal hosting) resulting in a fight over who to promote to the new host which can cause 2 or more servers to form breaking the game into multiple groups. In most cases and all bot cases, a server termination will just disconnect all players.

So how can a client fall out of sync? Well there are 3 common ways.
1. GetLocalPlayer() is used in a way that can damage game consistency between clients.
2. Terrain deformation effects are used like shockwave, stomp, or from triggers. (this is because the WC3 and mac version compute different results and the results vary with graphic settings.
3. The data set used by a client is not the same as other clients (eg a modded WC3) so different results can occur. This however should be accompanied by a CDkey ban and account closure of the player if used on BattleNet some time in the future.

Level 6
This Desync can also be caused by the use of GProxy++, it happens regularly in the lastest Island Troll Tribes map. Whenever we play it with one of us having GProxy, he will desync everytime at exactly 8 minutes gametime. Without him using it, there is no problem at all.
I do neither know why this happens nor how to fix it, but I know that it does happen sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.