• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Destroyer Form Gold/Lumber/Food/Mana glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey ya’ll so I’ve been trying to get one of my units to change into another as a form of upgrade without triggers (sorta like a footman into captain so on).

Well, once I compare obsidian statue and destroyer, if you change destroyer gold or lumber cost in editor, it changes in game (ie. if u make it 200->220, then the destroyer form cost more.)

The issue arises when i’m trying to substitute destroyer w/ other units. It doesn’t matter what you change the aforementioned stats to, it will remain the whatever default unit’s price tag.

Anyone else stumble into this and figure out what to do about it? Or is it just something that’s a hard coded pain in the rear? Thanks!

Level 20
In the unit editor, make sure to fill in that field with the unit you are morphing into, I know that some problems with morphs are due to this, maybe it'll help

1673389686547.png

Level 3
In the unit editor, make sure to fill in that field with the unit you are morphing into, I know that some problems with morphs are due to this, maybe it'll help

View attachment 419374
Hey! Great idea but unfortunately that didn’t work 😬

So let villager=obsidian statue and apprentice wizzard=destroyer

Ive put dependency into villager for AW, checked it true in ability’s “check dependency” still same old cost.

What does somewhat work but not a great fix is when I get like a completely dif unit (like les say mortar team) and change everything from attack to model to be AW, it ends up using the mortar teams costs and as with AW, changing gold or lumber costs doesn’t change it it.

Level 21
Any of this helpful?

Level 3
Any of this helpful?
Ooh yeah ill check it out. I’ve settled with this current alternative for now but for future use I’ll def use this as a reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.